“Wonderful Experience”
Review of Hotel Napoleon

Hotel Napoleon
Ranked #76 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was our first visit to Italy and we had such a wonderful time. The location was great for us as it was close to the train station and with subway at front door. The area is not that great as others have said, but I felt safe and we found some great restaurants nearby. Staff were helpful, courteous and professional. Room and bathroom decent size. Breakfast good and bed comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel.

2  Thank TexasMB
There are newer reviews for Hotel Napoleon

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here for four nights in June 2014 and loved it. Despite what some reviewers have said, the neighborhood is safe. In fact, I quite enjoyed being where the locals are and eating, shopping, etc where real Romans are, not just tourists. Aside from the too-busy and bitter breakfast waiters, the hotel staff is top-notch. All the reception staff are super professional and helpful. Although I speak Italian, my friend does not so the fact that they all speak English really helped. The A/C was cold, beds comfy, and the bathroom was large, unlike some in Italy. If you're coming from the train station, I'd take the metro rather than walk; Termini's metro station is just remodeled and it's just one stop from the hotel. Much easier than walking, although we did the latter with not much problem when we arrived. This hotel is great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lorisz
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Friendly Staff that makes you feel home far away from home.

My Birthday didn’t went unnoticed and a bottle of
Champaign was sent to my room with the compliments of the Manager.
Nice gesture – Thanks
I really had a wonderful Birthday far away from home!

Dr. Z.R. - Israel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Royalflyer1
Reviewed 12 June 2014

When we arrived at the hotel I was rather wary of it due to its location and the shady looking people hanging around outside. My impression wasn't helped by the fast and impersonal, non-informative check-in to the hotel. However, once inside our room (a triple) I found it fairly spacious (by European standards) and clean. The interior of the hotel was in good shape, the breakfast good, and we were never bothered by the people hanging around outside the hotel. The only thing annoying about the room was that there wasn't an electrical outlet inside the bathroom. Overall, a decent hotel.

The hotel is close to the train station, which is great if you want to have easy access from the station. However, it's a bit of a walk to all the sights. This was my third time to Rome, and we've always ended up staying close to the Termini station for ease of hotel access after getting off the train, and more reasonably priced hotels. All the walking was hard on my 9 year old son, and so next time we'll be staying closer to the major sights.

Room Tip: I noticed that the double rooms seemed quite a bit smaller. If you can, option for a triple room so...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank coricop
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here on business a few weeks ago. I was initially slightly dubious about the location as my experience of the area around Termini has been mixed. However I needn't have been worried.

I had a nice double room on 6th floor with a private balcony. It was reasonably well equipped and sleep quality was excellent. However the main plus about the hotel is the staff, who are very charming and very willing to help. I just wonder why other hotels don't understand that the way staff behave is a key indicator of quality.

So, I would certainly stay here again, and encourage others to do so.

Room Tip: Go high if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank LondonDavidS
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel during my first trip to Italy visiting Venice and Rome. Great staff and excellent service. Roberto especially was very knowledgeable and helped us get around town with ease. He saw us one night in the metro station about to exit in the wrong direction and called out to us by name and showed us the exit to use. The room was great and a very good size. The bathroom was a good size, the shower was a little small for my husband as he is over 6ft. tall. Free breakfast was good, and they also have free Wifi a little weak, it goes in and out at times but I found it to work great in the late night. Location is good, we were able to walk 10 minutes to the Colosseo and metro located right outside the hotel door. Had to great a little used to the neighborhood as it was very busy with outdoor vendors during the day but it was safe. All in all would recommend and stay here again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was the second time we have stayed at this hotel and highly recommend it. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are very clean and quiet. We enjoyed our breakfast here each morning and dinner on two occasions, both were excellent. The Monday evening cocktail party, hosted by the owner, was a great way to meet fellow guests. The hotel is conveniently located only steps from the Metro and we were able to purchase our Metro tickets from the hotel's concierge. We will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Rome.