“Outstanding Luxury Hotel”
Review of The St. Regis Rome

The St. Regis Rome
Ranked #88 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Attentive and friendly staff, superior restaurants and amenities, and luxurious accommodations were all in evidence. I would happily stay here again.

My one reservation concerns the hotel's location in a busy, traffic-intensive area, and just far enough away from major tourist sites to make it a little inconvenient if touring and relaxation are your main objectives.

Room Tip: High traffic could cause problems for light sleepers. Do try the gourmet restaurant -- there is a...
1  Thank PSToronto
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for your most valuable and encouraging feedback about the hotel features and the level of service and cuisine. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Vivendo restaurant; we do pay a lot of attention to our culinary proposals, both at breakfast with a dedicated food selection for children and also a special dietary & vegetarian corner and at our outlets with accurately selected events and promotions which, as you mentioned, can be viewed on the hotel website. We are also grateful for your comment about the light sleepers since it gives us the opportunity to say that the hotel can offer beautiful accommodations overlooking a large and bright courtyard, which is very quiet and can assure peaceful nights. .
We look forward to welcoming you back to the St. Regis hotel, making it your personal address in the Eternal City!
Best wishes for a memorable New Year,
The Hotel General Manager

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Our stay here was very nice. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean, and in a great location. The staff is very helpful. They were always willing to provide any service needed and met every request. The concierge was very helpful recommending restaurants regardless of what we were craving. Our room was beautifully decorated and average size. The bathroom was very big for European standards. Excellent water pressure. Great place. I would choose it again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mnobles
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I spent one night in this very impressive hotel attending a conference. It has a very memorable lobby and bar area with exquisite furniture. I eat breakfast and dinner in the hotel restaurant – the food was very good, as you would expect in a hotel of this type.
My room was spectacular (on the third floor) with a mural on the wall behind the bed and a couple of wonderful paintings on the walls. You really knew you were in Rome! It had a very personal and unique feel – which is rare in a large hotel.
The service was very good and the staff friendly. I think what stood out the most was the wonderful smiles that greeted you whenever you approached anyone. The staff were happy and seemed glad to help. The wifi was even good - which is often a problem in older hotels.
I will definitely go back with my fiancé for a longer stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank thewizeone
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I spent one night at the hotel before embarking on a Mediterranean cruise. Everything was perfect - staff nice and knowledgeable, location very convenient to all the sites, luxurious bed, and spotless room with large bathroom. At check-in, I mentioned that we were celebrating a big wedding anniversary, and the staff upgraded our room for free and send up a complimentary bottle of champagne. The only downside to the hotel is the price. We stayed using points, and it was 25,000 for the one night - worth it for us but may not be for others.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I had Stayed with my husband in this Regis a few years back for one day only. I kept remembering it as one of the nicest hotels I had ever stayed in. When I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Rome last week with my 2 children (ages 11 and 12) I was quickly reminded of why I had such a nice memory, The only thing that was off was the size of the entrance. For some reason I had a grand circular drop off in my mind. In fact it was a very small, just enough space for a small car to enter and circle around. The location is very good. There are other nice hotels (Westin) that I think have a little better location because where the Regis is, it's a little tight. The small one way street makes it feel closed in. The Regis is walking distance to everything. The staff greeted us in an over the top, glad to have you type fashion. We were upgraded to an imperial room as platinum members which was large, very pretty, very elegant, large windowed space with all the amenities. The view was a courtyard view but we wanted quietness to get over our jet lag. Views might be limited there. Not sure about that. The products (Remede, my favorite) are the same as in New York and Atlanta. The showers are fantastic! The bath is small, typical of europe. The best thing about the room was the bed. MUCH better than NYC Regis. We had a little trouble with the television and within 15 min, he had it fixed. Service was the best! Nothing to complain about, and I'm picky! If I had to write anything that I didn't find outstanding, it would have to be not having a traditional restaurant to go to. The eating space was in the grand room just after the reception. It's a lobby type room with tables around and massive ceilings. Not a specific room to eat in. This hotel is wonderful but expensive. 3 hot chocolates one night before bed, 45 euro. Not complaining, we had the best darn hot chocolates that side of the pond. I recommend this hotel to all. We stayed at the Westin Excelsior also to see what it was like. It was very nice as well. Both had it's qualities. The Regis is the better hotel, the Westin had the better open location. They were only a couple of blocks apart. Go to the Regis, you will love it!

Room Tip: Getting a room you have in mind might be different than what they have in mind when you check in. I...
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My wife and I with our 3 children (aged 10, 11 & 13), could not have hoped for a better 6 nights stay than the one we had at the St.Regis in Rome. From the moment we arrived at the Hotel to find that we were upgraded to a beautiful Suite overlooking the Plazza Della Republic fountain with a connecting room for our children, to the very professional and yet friendly staff who were always ready to assist and make our stay a happy and memorable one for all of us. We valued the surprise gifts of wine, cheeses, fruits as well as sweets for our children , and the room service was of high quality (prompt service with high quality food and presentation). We also ate at the Hotel Restaurant which is justifiably rated as a top A la Carte restaurant . The Buffet Breakfasts were perfect and varied (which our children loved). As this stay was at the end of our 2 months European holiday and we wanted to finish with an exquisite 5 Star experience, we can honestly say that we were not in any way disappointed and in fact the St. Regis met and exceeded our expectations, whilst being located close to all the sites (we walked everywhere !). We will definitely be returning to St.Regis next time we're in Rome.

Room Tip: We had a fantastic corner suite which was exquisite and spacious overlooking the Plazza Della Republ...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ConConstanti
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Just got back from 3 nights at the St. Regis Rome. Overall our stay was very good. Location was good, not great. 25 min walk to Colosseum. Metro is 2 minute walk and gets you around pretty well. Customer service at this hotel is excellent. Bell-hops are courteous and prompt to help out. Check in was easy also. Our room very large. Imperial room I think which was great because we traveled with an 11 month old and it gave her lots of room to crawl around. The decor in the room very similar to the website pics. Not modern, but Roman decor. Our room faced the main street outside and when window was close it was very quiet. The rooms seem very soundproof as we did not here anything next door or in the halls all trip. The one complaint is I think this hotel turns off the AC in the fall sometime and our room did not have it. When it got hot at all in the room we had to open the window to outside. Kind of annoying. Bathroom was spacious also. Only complaint was that the shower door did not close properly so water leaked on floor when shower was on. Its a 5 star hotel so Food and Beverage are not cheap but goes with the territory. We would return at the right price