“Great location and attentive staff”
Review of The St. Regis Rome

The St. Regis Rome
Ranked #86 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Great location and attentive staff”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I booked a week at the St. Regis for my husband and myself. I opted for the prepay option since it was 30% cheaper. I later received an offer to upgrade to a larger room with butler service for €99 per day, and I accepted the offer. The day before my trip I received an email from the hotel notifying me that there would be a taxi strike on the day of my arrival. They booked a car service for me, and the driver was waiting for me as soon as I cleared customs.

Our room was very nice, and I really enjoyed the turn down service which included supplying fresh towels. We had room service a few times, and they were always very quick to deliver the meal. The butler accompanied the room service waiter each time as well.

The location was convenient to the subway and the main train station. This was nice for taking day trips to Florence and Naples (Termini) and sightseeing in Rome (subway)..

If we visit Rome again we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank DeboWabo
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear Guests,
Allow us to express our gratitude for your positive comments. We are especially pleased that you appreciated the taxi strike notification and private arrangements, so that your arrival would not be affected by the absence of public transportation. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future, electing the St. Regis hotel as your personal Address in Rome!
The Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dana Point, California
Reviewed 26 January 2012

For New Years and my birthday my husband surprised me with a trip to Rome. We stayed at the St. Regis. This grand old hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of shopping, bistros and many of the sights. Even better it is just a very short walk to the metro from which you can get everywhere. Our room was a lovely suite. The Butler service was wonderful and prompt. We had one hiccup with the service. Dissapointingly, our room was not made up when we returned from a day of sightseeing. With a call to management they promptly more than made up for it. We enjoyed complimentary champagne while we waited for the room to be made up. When we went back to the room which was now impeccably made up, they sent up a lovely gift basket and they offered a complimentary brunch as well. The next day was my birthday and they delivered a scrumptious cake and a lovely sterling silver key chain as a gift. Thank you Vincenzo Falcone Resident Manager for making our stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nadellsell
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear Madam,
I am so very pleased that we were able to create some special memories during your recent celebratory trip to Rome and to quickly recover a service delay. Allow me to extend you my personal “grazie” for taking the time to share your experience and for your appreciation. Together with the St. Regis team, I would be honored to welcome you back on your next visit to the Eternal City.
Vincenzo Falcone
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed at the St. Regis Rome over new year's and had a great time. Yes, the hotel is a little off the beaten path but we didn't think it was prohibitively out of the way. Staff was very accomodating, hotel is pretty cool. Rooms on the street are a little loud but rooms are nice. Gym is pretty nice - the little old-school elevator is a nice touch. Overall I'd stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wharthog521
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for your most valuable feedback. We especially appreciate that you have noticed the original 1894 lift, which was designed and built by Cesar Ritz and registered as the 13th modern elevator of the era in Rome. This unique heritage piece was motioned initially by a hydraulic pump system utilizing water of the adjacent 16th century Moses Fountain. Today the same shell - or “rising room” as the elevator was named at the time - equipped with the latest technology is still fully operating and we are glad that you mention it!
We do look forward to welcoming you back to the St. Regis Hotel. Please do let us know in advance your room preferences (floor, type of bed, special pillow requirements, internal or external room) and we will do our utmost to accommodate your needs.
Arrivederci,
New Jersey
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I spent three nights here on a Tauck tour this past summer. You walk into this hotel and are greeted by this beautiful lobby that you walk through into a huge ballroom/ restaurant. It is grand and the detail in the architecture and decorating is perfect. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready so we sat in this beautiful grand ballroom and tried to relax after our overnight trip from New Jersey. We requested something to drink was surprised when they brought out drinks and snacks for the group (no charge). Our room was spacious and spotless clean, the bathroom was also a nice size and spotless. (I am a fanatic about clean rooms when I travel) We ate breakfast everyday and had one dinner in the restaurant, food and service was very good. The only thing that I found annoying was paying for WiFi, I think that should be complimentary in any hotel but a minor note. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank gene2461
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your appreciation of the unique heritage of the St. Regis hotel; its austere façade conceals sumptuous interiors and a discreet, relaxing atmosphere beloved by generations of extraordinary guests, attentive to details, just like you! We are also grateful for your comment about the internet charges, as it gives us the opportunity to inform you that a review of this policy is underway to better respond to our Guests’ requirements on this subject. So, hopefully, we will have the pleasure of sharing it with you on your next visit to Rome, either with Tauck tour or privately.
Once again, thank you,
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis in Rome in October and it was truly a delight. They upgraded our room to a fabulous suite that was beautifully appointed. The butler service was wonderful. We had the concierge book our tours for us and they were all fabulous with the exception of one tour. We had asked for an english speaking tour guide for the Vatican and the guides english was very broken. When we informed the hotel, they gave me 1/2 of my mine back which was completely unexpected. The lobby in the hotel is gorgeous and the staff was always friendly. We cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PrincessSC
Dear Guest,
We always welcome our Guests contribution and feedback, so we would like to thank you for sharing your positive impressions. We are extremely pleased that you appreciated the signature butler service commitment to excellence and personalization and our gesture for not having been able to provide you with the expected tour guide language fluency. Our external partners are attentively selected based on their professionalism and ability to ensure the same level of service as our hotel and brand and, at the time, a made a follow up to avoid such a situation in the future.
It will be our great pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Rome and we thank you most sincerely for your support.
Barcelona, Venezuela
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I have used Spa facility at St.Regis Grand Hotel Rome, the name of spa is KAMI SPA, during my stay. I booking 2 treatments 1 massage and 1 body scrub, Therapist bring me to the room. and they prepare products in glass bottle for massage oil and coffee scrub as well. I saw the packaging was nice but under the packaging write "Expire 31/10/2010" It was surprise to me why KAMI SPA use expired product serve to the guest that stay at St.Regis Grand Hotel. I think in this world don't have any Spa use expired product for sure.

Spa Lover

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your KAMI SPA experience during your stay at our hotel. Our external business partners have been accurately selected based on their professionalism and high quality standards. Your feedback has been immediately forwarded to the KAMI SPA Management who joins us in extending you our most sincere apologies. A detailed check of each product in the hotel KAMI SPA storage inventory has been made under our supervision to avoid such a situation to ever occur in the future. Once again thank you for your comments. We trust that you overall enjoyed the rest of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Phila, PA
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This is a nice and comfortable hotel. The service level for this country is above average, not perfect but good.
Minor service issues were experienced but mostly on Sunday. Everything is dead on Sunday at this hotel. Room was not cleaned and most of the requests were not answered.
The hotel is maintained nicely but needs some work and updating. The butler services are a hit or miss. The days when Johnny was there its perfect when not, you not going to get anything done.
The showers are very small as well as the bathrooms.
Room Service is fast and the quality of food is excellent!
SPG Platinum was honored with an upgrade a nice amenity.
Met with the Manager when wanted to change the room, which is very nice and polite but couldn’t solve the problem and never followed up as far as the liability on the next day.
Considering that Rome's hotels are genially old, this is a good choice in Rome.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank PA_Bank
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Dear Guest,
Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the St. Regis Hotel in Rome. We welcome every feedback, both positive and negative, as this is the best way to evaluate and so to improve the level of our product and service. We also share your disappointment for the inadequate room attendance and the inconsistency of the butler service . Please rest assured that we will treasure your comments; a follow up at an operational level has been arranged with the Butler and Housekeeping teams, since it is vital that we maintain the highest level of service seven days a week . Once again, thank you; we all wish you a wonderful 2012!
The General Manager