“The Staff is excellent” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
New York City, New York
“The Staff is excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

The staff at the St. Regis Rome was excellent. I received a sincere welcome from the moment the taxi pulled up to the entrance. I would like to give special attention to Pasquale - Concierge Andrea - Front Desk and Michele in the Vivendo Restaurant. The service and care provided by these hoteliers was superb and really made my stay in Rome exceptional. The hotel also offers a fully stocked breakfast buffet and the cook to order omelette station was great as well as the Chef completing the orders. The old world air of days gone by with the original elevator from 1904 was very charming.

Room Tip: try to reserve a Deluxe or Imperial room for more space
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Guest,
Pasquale, Andrea, Michele and Cristiano are touched by your truly rewarding comments. The St. Regis Hotel, born by the genius of Cesar Ritz in 1894, represents one of the most prestigious addresses in Rome. Distinguished Guests - today, as in the past - enjoy the luxury and style of a true roman palace and appreciate the discreet and flawless service of a dedicated team of people, well aware of the privilege of working in such a unique environment.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope that you will treasure the good memories until the next visit.
Most sincerely,
The Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

We have stayed at many of the 'luxury' properties in Italy, and this one has to be the best of the group. we booked a normal room using Starwood points, and were given a slight upgrade to a room overlooking the inner courtyard. This was great because noise became a non-factor. The room was quite large, in fact my wife had her own dressing room complete with desk and makeup mirrors. The staff was great, some work can be done with the outside front staff, but everyone else was incredible. Will stay here again in a heartbeat my next trip to Rome.

Room Tip: Inside courtyard room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Thank you for electing the St. Regis hotel as your unique address when traveling to Rome. We are very pleased that your accommodation was comfortable and quiet and you could enjoy a peaceful rest. We are also grateful about your comments about the staff, they will not go unheard.
So, all we can add is … Arrivederci!
San Bruno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

this review is long overview but i thought it is still good to write a review. I planned to take the economic way by taking the train from FCO to Termini so I wrote emails to the concierge of the hotel to make inquiries to gauge cost and distance. I was very pleased of how quick i get a response. However, did not get accurate information, what was supposedly a 10-minute walk from Termini took way longer than that. We pulled in nightime so it was twice harder finding location/streets. The next day and other days following when we were better associated of the way to/from the hotel to the metro, it was more like a quick stroll.
About the hotel experience. The room and bathroom was clean and well kept. The room is, I suppose big for European standards. I love the comfy bed. The bathroom has with a separate tub and shower. There is nice LCD TV but not much to watch but news or MTV as most channels available were only available in Italian.
The hospitality staff were great and courteous with their guest.I reserved this hotel months and months ahead. I'm an SPG Gold member and had booked my hotel stay for free. No complaint since I didn't have to pay using my points but I was expecting a better room being a program member. Typically, SPG hotels offer a preferred member room. I was not offerred one. I was stuck in a room almost at the very end of the hall. Room has a big window but we had closed the whoele time. There was no view but walls of other buildings. There is wi-fi available but with a fee which I find ricidulous for hotel such as this one with a pricey rate. I had ordered a dinner ont time because I came back from a day trip late and did not want to walk around look around for open restaurants so decided to eat it. Ordere a steak which I thought was okay, but not that great. I was just happy with the server who walked in and was very enthusiastic to chat with. I was glad too that I checked my receipt upon checkout. I was charge breakfast which was the morning following the night I order room service. I disputed it and it was quickly taken care of. Overall, this hotel get its credits from its wonderful staff and location. If I had to pay the published rate - I do not think that the price justify the luxury hotel category. I would recommend this hotel to those who have no issue paying a lot of money, but for someone with a budget concern, there are other options.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jello_10
You are right, overviews are always helpful, although a few months have passed from your stay.
It gives us the opportunity to say that
- free internet is now available in all public areas, including the Business center and that Starwood Preferred Guest members, as you are, are entitled to a dedicated service in the privacy of their accommodations;
- we appreciate not only your comments, that are being reviewed at an operational level, but also your frankness. Above all, we hope that, as a loyal SPG Guest, you will reconsider your decision, so that we may create a more memorable experience on your next visit to Rome.
Kindest regards,
Satellite Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

What a PERFECT place to spend a week in Rome. This property has first class service. The staff was attentive and friendly. They couldn't do enough for us. From the moment of check in at 0930 our rooms were ready. The rooms were large and immaculate. The bathrooms are marble with wonderful showers and marble tubs. Fresh towels were in our room 3 times a day.
The food at The St. Regis was wonderful. There aren't enough words to thank the staff for a GREAT time. GRATZI!!!!
Sandy and Mike

Room Tip: Look no further. Book a room at the St. Regis Rome.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

What more can I say, loved the hotel and my stay was pleasant. I traveled to Italy to attend my friend's wedding and it turned out to be such a mission to decide on which 5 star hotel I'd stay. But when finally, with the help of my driver in Rome I decided on St Regis and didn't regret! Will definitely stay there again when in Rome. The service and my room was amazing. Keep it up!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Shux4e
Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

This trip was a surprise for my mother's birthday. Once I booked the hotel, I sent a mail to hotel service asking to ensure several things.But as you probably know, we always stay a little suspesious..To make a long story short: I was really surprised by the beauty of the place once arrived, the service was just great, and the first thing I was asked if I prefer to take suite instead of regular room for the same price. This was a great choice of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I spent five nights at the St. Regis Rome during a two-week trip to Germany and Italy. Before I write my review, I want to mention that I used points for this stay.

I have nothing really negative to say about the hotel or my stay. However, when thinking of a St. Regis property, I expect to be wowed. I was wowed in the sense that the hotel has its majestic, elegant and upscale feel with columns, marble busts and chandeliers all over the property. I don't know if I was wowed otherwise.

I am surprised that other reviews claim that the hotel is not in a good location. I actually feel that the hotel is in an extremely convenient location with a short walk to the Termini and Repubblica metro stops. In addition, the hotel is a 10 to 15-minute walk from the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and other landmarks. It is true that there are no restaurants in the near vicinity, but there are a lot of restaurants on Via Nazionale and Via XX Settembre.

The guest rooms are spacious and luxuriously furnished. I really enjoyed the comfort from the rooms. I was on the fourth floor facing the garden, which is away from the busy street noise. My only complaint: I know the fitness center was on the fifth floor, but the fitness center may have been right above my room. I was woken up two mornings (around 7 am) by what appeared to be the sound of a bouncing medicine ball, which was a little bit annoying especially when trying to get some rest while on vacation.

Service was alright. Nothing to truly boast about. I do appreciate the butler service option (you can email them with your request) but they failed to meet or even understand certain requests to the point that I ended up taking care of certain reservations on my own. I also got this feeling of pride from the staff. I understand that they work for the St. Regis Grand, which is a highly-regarded hotel, but that does not mean they need to have this superiority complex that they showed.

Room service was reasonable and it actually exceeded expectations. I got my order (a pizza and a sandwich) in less than 20 minutes, and the food was fresh and savory. Although I just criticized the service at the hotel, the two ladies that brought my food were the most friendly and accommodating people that I interacted with during my stay.

I have seen the room rates for this property (€400+), and am not sure if I would pay that much to stay here. I got lucky that I was able to use points for this stay because otherwise, I would have stayed somewhere else. This is very difficult review to write as I didn't have any major issues with my stay besides the service and the noise from the fitness center (would have rated it a 5) but I was perhaps left wanting more (hence, my rating of 4).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden are quieter - away from the busy streets.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple