“Luxury Hotel in Perfect location”
Review of The St. Regis Rome

The St. Regis Rome
Ranked #84 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Scottsdale
“Luxury Hotel in Perfect location”
Reviewed 27 January 2010

Stayed here using Starwood points in Dec-09 and found everything about the hotel luxurious, warm, friendly and ridiculously priced (of course)...especially with the bad US/Euro exchange rate. We had a beautiful room and the hotel seemed nearly empty which probably helped the service. It is in a great location with an easy 5-10 minute walk to subway, restaurants, train station and local sights. I would stay here again in a second, as long as I wasn't paying for it. If you don't buy anything inside the hotel, it works out great.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank kmanct

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 19 January 2010

The husband and I stayed here on Starwood points+cash on our Honeymoon last May. As the reviewer below notes, it's a total steal if you can stay here on cash + points. This is a beautiful hotel from which we had absolutely no problem walking to and from all of the touristy sites in Rome. If you're lazy or unable to walk due to injury, I don't think a cab from this hotel would be too pricey.

We knew the minute we walked into the lobby that we were totally out of our league. We were the only guests not in business attire but hey, it was our honeymoon so we weren't bothered. Despite the fact that we were totally underdressed and paying via cash/points, we were still treated just as well as any other guest, which is a standard for Starwood. Their service is unmatched, no doubt.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sassathon
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 January 2010

I wrote a review of this place that was critical on Aug 5, 2007. I sent my review to the General Manager of the St. Regis, who promptly replied (regrettably, this review should have been written sooner.) But the GM wrote me back and offered me a complimentary stay in the hopes that I would give them another chance. My point is not to highlight the free stay but rather to acknowledge his efforts to rectify a poor situation. He did. We received stellar service upon our return, and while I'm sure we were the couple who had "made the complaint," we were treated with kindness and fairness and enjoyed a pleasant stay over the holidays.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Throbbert
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 January 2010

We got this hotel for our Rome visit last minute when the cash and points option opened up- it sure was a steal. I think it sucks when people say "not sure if i would have stayed here full price" for one of these starwood reviews.

The location is central enough unless you are a lazy, lazy slob. I guess the obese and elderly might have a tough time but it's equidistant between spanish steps, trevi fountain and the colsseum/palantine/forum area- wife and I walked everywhere.

Concierge hooked us up with a boss Ethiopian restaurant in the area.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Chetwynd, BC Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2010

My 21 year old daughter and I stayed at the St. Regis Grand from December 30 - January 4. The hotel is very lovely, the room is smaller than it looks on the internet photo's, but nice. We were deciding between the St. Regis and the Westin Excelsior, we ended up choosing the St. Regis because of its closeness to the Termini station (my daughter had to meet someone there) the station is just a couple of blocks away. We walked to the Westin Excelsior on our 4th day in Rome to see what it looked like. The area that the Westin is located in is so much better than the St. Regis location. If I would have known this before we booked I would have chosen the Westin hands down over the St. Regis. The Westin is as grand as the St. Regis, and you have a much nicer location. The street is way less busy and a lot wider and prettier. You have lots of restaurants to choose from near the Westin and none to choose from near the St. Regis. The only real restaurant close to the St. Regis is the one in the hotel and the prices are outrageous. Also just down the street from the Westin is the most beautiful park we have ever been in, there are water fountains and statues galore. The park was the best part of the Westin's location. We got great photo's from there and ate good meals in the selection of nearby restaurants. When you do go to Rome, be sure to use the Hop on Hop off buses, I believe there are 3 or 4 different companies operating them. We paid 19 euros per person for 24 hours of travel. Make sure to sit on the upper part of the bus and take the full loop of the drive from start to finish, taking photo's as you go. Then do the loop again and get off at the stops to see the sights. Using the Hop on Hop off bus was awesome.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank DebKel
Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed 29 December 2009

The hotel is very old and very decedent, we loved it. The room was perfect, the service exceeded expectations from the bar to room service to the spa. The concierge helped with dinner arrangements, a car to and from the airport.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Cleveland
Reviewed 6 December 2009

We stayed at the St. Regis Grand Hotel in the first few days of November, our experience was incredible. From check in till check out the staff pampered us and went way out of their way to make our stay as special as the occasion called for (we were on honeymoon).
We had a lovely room overlooking Piazza Esedra, true that the rooms a quite small, however the luxury in them is impressive. Lying on the bed feels like being on a cloud and when you get up in the morning you feel like you have slept for a couple of years. The bathroom is very comfortable, it has both shower and bathtub to suit everyone's likes and it has good lighting unlike other hotels I did not have to strain to put my make up on.
The breakfast is a luxury, quite pricey but it keeps you going till the evening. When you're there, try the omelettes of Cristiano (the chef) they are delicious!
I could go on mentioning all the members of staff I found helpful, but that would have me listing all the members of staff as they were all incredibly friendly.
All in all, I think this is the best hotel in the World and a valuable gem in the Starwood collection, the management should be proud of their staff.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple