“Absolutely Beautiful!”
Review of The St. Regis Rome

The St. Regis Rome
Ranked #94 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 21 April 2010

This hotel was more than we could have expected and well worth the price. My husband and I spent the first leg of our honeymoon here. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the staff were courteous and helpful. They even upgraded our room. The bed was SUPER comfortable - a sweet sleeper bed, no doubt. The room was very large with a separate sitting area with a walk-in closet that even had a vanity. The bathroom was much larger than what you'd find in any hotel in Europe and the decor was elegant. We felt like royalty. We accessed the internet (charge) through the television screen. Sometimes the connection was slow, so I'd recommend going down to the business center or an internet cafe. The hotel was walking distance (at most 30 min walk) to trevi fountain, pantheon, spanish steps. But you can visit these sites all at once since they're so close to each other. We also walked to the forum and Colosseum ... although the walk was further to get out there. The hotel was also walking distance to the central train station.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,033)

Reviewed 19 April 2010

I just spent 5 days at the St. Regis and must say that it is one of the nicest hotels I ever visited. Monica, from the hotel, emailed me ahead of my visit and asked it there were any special circumstances. I explained that we would be arriving quite early but not to fuss as 10:00 am is well before normal check in. I also informed them that my wife and traveling to celebrate our anniversary. When I arrived I was escorted to the front desk by the doorman where Andrea, the reservation attendant, told me that room was ready and that since it was our anniversary they upgraded us to a junior suite. It was a fantistic room. I would say the staff visited the room four times a day taking care of things. The food was great, and the hotel is extremely close to the train station. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a first class experience in Rome.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2010

I stayed at St. Regis for two nights after my tour with Rick Steves.... This hotel was fancy, upscale, elegant, and expensive! The rooms were smaller than i expected and there were so much construction going on right in front of our hotel at Piazza Repubblica
.... that was my view which I was bit bummed about.

The staff were quite nice; still stuffy, but much nicer than the ones at Westin Europa Venice. Months and months before, the Concierge helped me with purchasing four opera tickets to see Andrea Bocelli sing Bizet, Carmen in advance.... They were box seats and just awesome.... .. but charged us i think 7% fee on top of 165 Euro per ticket... yikes! One night, my friends and I sat at the lobby piano bar..... five drinks were 96 Euros.... at $1.60 exchange rate... and I had to tip on top of that! There are so many mentions of welcome snacks, etc.... i didn't get any and i am a very very very very frequent Starwood member at Platinum level. That's little bummy.

But, the ambience was great, the staff were very nice, the hotel is elegant.... and it was the best way to end my memorable Italy trip with Rome at the end.... at this historical, elegant, fancy, and expensive hotel. :)

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank LyricJen
Reviewed 6 April 2010

We just got back from a ten day trip to Italy and it is hard to decide which of the three hotels we stayed at was the best. Each one had it's individual character and charm and all three made us feel like honored guests. The St Regis is the Grand Dame of hotels in Rome, plush, luxurious, beautifully decorated, regal yet warm and inviting at the same time.
From the moment we arrived we felt like the staff cared that we were staying there. The doorman greeted us and showed us to the front desk. Check in was professional yet friendly at the same time and we were escorted up to our rooms by the front desk staff.
The hotel is clean, the buffet breakfast was excellent...winning the prize for the best fruit of the three hotels.....be sure to try the poached pears!
I would stay at the St Regis again in a heartbeat...in fact we plan to the next time we visit Rome.
Thank you St Regis for a wonderful start to a magical trip to Italy!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank katerachel15
Reviewed 3 April 2010

YES, it ios expensive, but what a great experince !
lovely decor, great service, excellent hot chocolate in the bar, best breakfast we ever had and very kind concierge.
will never foget this place !

Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank clefdor
Reviewed 31 March 2010

stayed here end of march for birthday visit. very old but plush hotel. the main plus regards the service. speedy check in, taken to and shown around bedroom. quick room service. free champagne, chocolates and fruit bowl on arrival. complimentary bottles of water each day. free wine and cheese delivered on one evening. room was good size with big bed and nice bathroom. no view as inward facing. wifi available but 15 euro per day, five star hotels should really be offering this for free. agree not many english tv channels but this is not an english speaking place so cant complain! couple of news channels and italian sky cinema (channel broadcasts up to date movies in english) air con in the room was rubbish which left room too hot, thank god it wasnt summer!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kpyoink
Reviewed 29 March 2010

What a spectacular hotel. Beautiful public spaces make you truly loose all concept of time and just make you want to stay inside the hotel and forget about Rome. My room was small, but well furnished consistent with the rest of the hotel. There was however nothing really 'amazing' in the room, something you would expect at these prices. Bedding is of very high quality and I had no problem sleeping. This is not an extremely large hotel and what disappointed me was that despite there is so much staff around, I found them a little timid. They sometimes made me feel like I was not there as they went about their business. Don't get me wrong, service is friendly and professional, but a hotel like this should treat its guests like royalty. I like doors to swing open for me by doormen, and everyone greet me. Instead staff was looking away and bellman would push you to the side when coming through with baggage. We are talking details here but still: What is up with receptionists not asking how your stay was, when you check out? Are they afraid you will complain? It makes you feel like it is all about the hotel and now that you are checking out, you are no longer part of it anymore. I would say it is the other way around and I hope management will pick up on this nuance, because it is a huge missed opportunity. This hotel could be a life changing experience and it wasn't.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo