Stayed 5 nights on cash+points during Iceland volcano chaos; it's a relative bargain if you use points.
Location is very good, with easy access via subway, train, bus, taxi and walking. Train from airport is about 14 euros + 1/2 mile walk. Cab ride from airport is about 35 euros.
The hotel was gorgeous and provided an excellent experience. We were very pleased with our room and the hotel's service.
We arrived 1-day late due to the volcano; the hotel refunded that night no questions asked. The hotel also allowed us to add 2-nights to the reservation on cash+points.
I am SPG Gold. We checked in a couple hours early. Marcos at the front desk said they wanted to prepare a deluxe room for us, and then bought us cappuccinos. Monica, the lobby manager, then approached us and spent 20 minutes drawing walking routes for us on map she provided.
The lobby isn't huge, but it's very nice. The staircases are also very classy. The rooms are each unique, with classic furniture and artwork.
Our deluxe room was fantastic. It had a large room and bathroom with a great shower, tub, and heated bidet. The courtyard view was fine, albeit unimpressive.
They gave us 1-4 free bottles of water per day.
They gave us 2 small boxes of chocolates.
Like most really fancy hotels, room service and mini-bar are very expensive. There is no free Internet in the hotel. They offer Internet for about 15 euro per day or 4 euro per hour. The hourly option is palatable, whereas the daily option is too expensive.
The turn down service was nice.
Things that were less than perfect:
1) No free Interent in lobby or business ctr.
2) Our keycards locked out on us twice during our stay
3) The shower leaked slightly.
4) DVD Player doesn't play Region 1 DVDs. And a Region 2 DVD we have didn't play correctly.
5) A couple other slight inconveniences.
6) No pool.
Overall, this is a fantastic hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caesar Ritz proudly opened "The Grand" in 1894 as Rome's first luxury hotel and today it still maintains the prestigious status to be one of the world's finest hotels. Each guest room or suite features a unique identity and is exquisitely appointed in a combination of Empire, Regency and Louis XV styles. Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access is available in the hotel lobby, at Le Grand Bar and at Vivendo Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The St. Regis Rome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Rome Hotel Rome
- St Regis Rome
- Rome St Regis Grand