“Another Wonderful Stay at the Majestic Roma”

Hotel Majestic Roma
Ranked #102 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Majestic almost exactly two years ago and our stay on this trip at end February 2014 was just as good! We absolutely love this hotel!! The location is central and easily accessible. The staff are friendly and helpful - always willing to assist. The rooms are large
and very well appointed. Wi-fi is free and works really well without codes or other bothersome log-ins. I truly consider it an excellent value for the overall experience. The only thing I would criticize is perhaps the cost of breakfast - at 30 Euros per person for the buffet - it is expensive.I would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank ParosTraveler

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our new favorite hotel in Rome! The rooms are so spacious and beautiful The front desk staff was extremely helpful with any questions and set up our tours for the family. We even called them from off site for a restaurant recommendation. A delicious breakfast buffet. We loved the location,close to everything including the subway.
We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Momma4x
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This was my third time at the Majestic and once again I found it to be just perfect. The room was outstanding and the staff a delight. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone was extremely helpful. The location is perfect for shopping and the best restaurants are within walking distance. A big thank you to all of the staff for making my stay special
Warren

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank warren a
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have spent four magic days at the end of January in Rome. It was our first visit and it was very important to choose the right hotel. We loved everything in Majestic Roma: the suite, the view from the suite, the location, breakfast and dinner in the restaurant on the first floor, the concierge and all the syaff we contacted to. Many thanks for all of them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MeLudmila
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My girlfriend booked this hotel as part of a Birthday present trip to Rome. On arrival we were welcomed by 2 very friendly receptionists who spoke perfect English. My partner advised them it was my Birthday and we were upgraded to a Superior room for no additional cost. We were also booked into a restaurant and were running late as our flight was delayed - my partner had requested that the hotel notify the restaurant of our late running which they did immediately. I was amazed when we checked into our room at both the size and the interior - absolutely immaculate and gleaming with the number of mirrors. The bed was so large and comfortable and we slept really well as it was quiet. We had breakfast one morning and Sunday brunch in their restaurant and both were superb. The waiting staff were attentive and seemed to really warm to us, likewise the reception staff always took an interest in trip and how we were getting on. The food at each meal was 5* quality and just amazing as was the setting - really bright with plenty of windows and mirrors accompanied by a warm and bustling atmosphere. Every time we returned to our room the maid had done an exceptional job on the room. Anytime we wanted room service - a porter was straight up with glasses and ice buckets and when we advised them that the mini-bar wasn't working it was fixed immediately. I would also like to say how fantastic the location is - pretty much every attraction is close by and there is a metro station at the end of the road. I was so sad to leave this hotel and my experience staying here will stay with me for a very long time as it really was of the highest quality. I highly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Request an upgrade!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bruceman84
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Lovely older hotel with specious, well-kept rooms. We were there in summer and the breakfast buffet with outside seating just above the Via Veneto was a wonderful way to start the day. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Strongly recommend for location, room quality and upkeep and value for money

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the last two nights of my 8 week trip to Europe. I wanted a little bit of luxury to finish my trip but couldn't afford to really splurge: this hotel was a fantastic option for me. I had originally booked a junior suite (900 euros including breakfast) but cancelled it a couple of days before arriving, after a budget reality check, and instead booked the prepaid rate for a deluxe double room (408 euros not including breakfast). I am so glad I did this, because they upgraded me anyway, when I arrived: I am not sure if my room was actually a junior suite or just a really nice deluxe but it had lots of space, dual aspect (room 420 is a corner room) and felt very luxurious indeed. The room was huge with a sofa, table and chairs, desk, big very comfortable bed, entry hallway, and huge bathroom filled with nice quality toiletries. There was a mini bar with room to store my parmesan cheese in! It was a real treat! I loved that the shuttered windows opened - it was so nice to hear the church bells, and to look out over the rooftops of Rome. I didn't find street noise a problem at all. I could see the parliament building from my room.

The concierge staff are fabulous: they know your name immediately and address you by it every time you are within hearing distance. I found them very helpful.

I had room service breakfast (ordering from the a la carte menu rather than paying 40 euros for a basket of pastries and coffee and juice, means you can have scrambled eggs, toast and juice for about 25 euros) and also room service dinner (limited menu, but fine) and all meals are delivered in style (silver domes, tables etc), piping hot and promptly.

The hotel organised a car to the airport for me (60 euros, cash paid to driver) which was much nicer than dealing with taxis (which was a bit of an ordeal; they have a tendency to turn the metre off before you arrive at your destination and then bring out a figure that seems wildly inflated. For instance, the taxi from the train station ended up being 19 euros rather than 10; coming back from the trevi fountain doubled). The drive to the airport, in the pouring rain, took 45 minutes, and it was so much better to do it this way than taxi to the station, and train ...

By the way, if you are flying out of FCO airport terminal 3: I had read terrible reviews about the experience and ended up leaving the hotel at 8am so as to be there as soon as check in opened at 8.45am. This was a great decision: I was through immigration and customs, and the VAT refund process, inside of half an hour, but I could totally see how, within an hour or so, it would be a total nightmare: the immigration hall is a labyrinth. As it was, I didn't queue at all - just walked straight up to a counter and was on my way. If I had had to do that in a crowd, I would not have liked it at all. The VAT refund process is convoluted but again, I did it without queues. then you catch a train to the gates: I ended up with several hours to relax in the lounge, and I would much rather have done that than spend those hours stressed out in queues. So that would be my tip: go early and relax in the lounge, rather than waiting at the hotel and having to queue later.

But back to the hotel: I would definitely recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo