“Decadence with Italian Style”

Hotel Majestic Roma
Ranked #111 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
“Decadence with Italian Style”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had booked this hotel with high expectations which were all met. Our triple was very comfortable, although it would have been very cozy if there had been three rather than two of us. The room benefited from having windows on two sides and from overlooking a very pleasant, large garden. The roof top restaurant was something special - small, secluded and with excellent food and drinks, including some cocktails I had not seen before. The service was excellent, in every way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alison C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Taormina (Me)
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel Majestic is obviously one of the 'grand dames' of hotels from former times... The reception staff,concierge,door and bellman were all less than welcoming though warmed a little during my 4 night stay in June. My room was quiet,well appointed and light with beautiful views over leafy gardens of surrounding residences. It is easy to walk to Spagna and Villa Borghese park areas and also to a wide choice of local restaurants. I found the value up to expectation but think it would benefit from a less ambivalent front of house team.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Daphne O
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Its always a risk buying a hotel unseen, even online. However from the moment we arrived at the Hotel we were treated very well. Our room was perfect on arrival, very comfortable and the hotel staff were helpful but not pushy. The pointed us in the right direction to enjoy our exploration of Rome and provided and excellent base in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: We chose a deluxe double room, lots of room for us!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Me and my husband stayed at the Majestic in May for 4 nights. I was a little apprehensive since reading some review regarding the ageing decor. However once we arrived my mind was put to rest. The decor of the hotel fits perfectly the history and architecture of the building. The rooms are a clean fresh palette of colours with plenty of light from the huge windows. The common areas are still maintained to there original design and have a classic grand charm. We have stayed in many old five star hotels such as the Ritz, London and the Peninsula, New York. I would say that the Majestic can compete in that category.

The most attractive part about the hotel is the location, Via Veneto is central but away from the tourist traps. There are some great little cafe's and restaurants just outside if you do not feel like walking far.

I would recommend this hotel and stay there again when visiting Rome.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rebec_01
Toronto
Reviewed 19 June 2014

You could easily picture Maggie Smith and the cast of that classic movie sweep through the revolving doors of the Hotel Majestic! (although Florence was the setting of that flick!)
This hotel harkens to an era of refinement, when travelling abroad meant educating oneself....without giving up the creature comforts. The Majestic has managed to maintain this sense of history yet update the physical plant of the building with subtlety. Artful halogen lighting, modern bathrooms and efficient air conditioning (thankfully due to the early June heat wave!) blend with the beautiful moldings, woodwork and impressive artwork on display.
How charming to be given a large brass room key complete with tassel, that you leave with reception, and pick up upon return. Gives a great chance to chat with the friendly staff!
I gather the rooms themselves vary greatly in décor and size....mine was shimmering all-white with ample space and a large, gleamingly clean marble bathroom. Located at the rear, it was very quiet and had heavy shutters and drapes to darken it well to sleep off the jet-lag. My friends was smaller, with a rich red bordello-like motif (in a good way!!)
Public spaces were immaculate and tasteful. Kudos to the huge reception room on the second floor with it's beautiful painted ceiling and mid-century modern furnishings. Also the roof-top terrace was perfect for drinks, dinner and an impressive breakfast buffet (Great service!)
Location couldn't be better at the top of the Via Veneto....just steps from Piazza Barberini subway...Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain (disappointingly BOTH were in the midst of renovation)
Always loved returning to the cool of the lobby and the warm welcome of the doormen and front desk staff after a day of walking the (did I mention HOT) crowded streets of the ancient city.
Highly recommend!

Room Tip: The front may give exciting views of the very busy Via Veneto....but opt for a rear facing room for...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Kolkata
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Majestic, Rooms were good and a decent size. Lift was quaint. Location is fantastic.The Concierge was very helpful particularly as my son's luggage was delayed.Breakfast was also pretty good.The Leader's club membership helped . As such I would stay there again when next in Rome.

Room Tip: We had a superior room which was good. Higher floor rooms are less noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank prasan68
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My sis and I took our 85 yr old Mom to Rome. I had the single room, while Mom and sis had the double. Some guests had written that the rooms were small - I am 5 ft 4 inches, and not skinny and i found my singe room gave me enough room to move about, bathroom had a full bath/shower and ample space for my 1 29 inch suitcase. They had left a tray of yummy fresh fruit for me and a bottle of wine for mom and sis, which I thought was a sweet gesture. Our rooms were next to each other but not connecting. This is after all an older building that is elegant and had marble stairs, counters, bathtubs, etc They had a robe you can use and can purchase and slippers waiting for us.
The best thing about Hotel Majestic is their fantastic, professional and helpful 24/7 staff. No request was too small and they provided us with great tips, directions and called us a cab that arrived within 8 minutes or less. They can get you tickets to all kinds of attractions - and i kinda felt bad that i had booked some of our tickets online. The cabs/services they got for us were great, so I believe if I had booked our tickets to the attractions through them, we would have gotten a comparable if not better deal...
The location is also perfect - walking distance to Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, etc, just as others have indicated. What I will add is that the location for us - 2 50 isn women and 1 85 yr old was safe -- a big deal to me. My sis and I as well as mom walked to just about everything, and my sis and I took walks late at night and evening time without problems. Shopping is a block away, restaurants - cafes and full dinner ones were all over the place. For Catholics, there is a Church run by Capuchin monks for Sunday Mass. There is an English Mass at 10 am at another church. Attending the Italian Mass was not a problem as the Capuchins provided the entire Mass and responses on a paper on the pews :-) The cab ride to the Vatican took 8 minutes.

Majestic staff clean the rooms 2x a day so folks with kids can get clean towels and sheets 2x daily. There is a bar and dancing at night, a pool, a small gym (but we were out everyday til night) that you can go to, so for those who prefer to stay in, these services are good. They also have massage services they can call for - so if you want a massage before the long flight home, you can get one before you leave! Great for folks who want to hit all the historical sites, museums, gardens, etc and have a fixed schedule as well as for folks who want to take in a city by walking around the city. Majestic staff can help you with all the arrangements. Definitely a place to stay again and again! PS. Emmanuel was always so helpful, I recommend a raise for him. Also, their concierge and door staff were eternally helpful, polite and quick. Bravo!

Room Tip: I read some guests' complaints about early morning noise and poor wifi. I had no issues during...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family