“Lives up to its name when in Rome”

Hotel Majestic Roma
Ranked #103 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“Lives up to its name when in Rome”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at this Hotel on the 8th and 9th July 2014 and we were in Room 212. We arrived early here and found that although check in was scheduled for 2pm, our room was in fact ready some 2 hours prior. A nice suprise. The Hotel Reception area and in fact the whole of this rather historic lovely building was beautifully kept and maintianed and the staff were just fantastic. The whole Hotel ouzes charm and sophistication. It is ideally situated for a visit to Rome with many of the places to see not far from your doorstep. If you do not wish to eat always in the Hotel, the restuarant is fantasic I have to add, then walking out of the front door and turning right you are met with an array of places to eat and watch the world go by.
We ate out and then returned to the Hotel and its terrace and bar overlooking the street. It is a beautiful setting and popular with the locals as well as guests. The service and attention is excellent and there was a great buzz and atmosphere here.
The breakfast was exceptional matching the whole Hotel experience here. The Hotel also provides Wi Fi for its guests and this we found to work very well and will meet all your needs if you stay here. Our bedroom was spacious and the bathroom quite magnificent.
If you were to stay here on a visit to Rome, you will not be dissapointed by its location, standards of service and will sleep very well in this well appointed Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheRetiredTraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Qatar
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Quite with good building where you don't hear noise so you can sleep well , clean rooms big bathrooms , friendly staff always smiling and very helpful . Very good breakfast amazing atmosphere . Walking distance from most of sight seen. I totally recommended for fancy peoples.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KhalidAlhajri
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I need to begin this review by indicating that I am a travel snob. I have travelled extensively, and am fortunate enough to stay at some of the finest establishments in the world. I have also been blessed with 5 children, and this makes travel extremely expensive. While planning our recent trip to Rome, my husband and I consulted endless travel guides, Conde Naste and Trip Advisor, as well as multiple hotel websites.

We were hoping to stay at the Hassler or the Hotel de Russie, BUT...as hotels and rooms are very small in comparison to American standards...it was necessary for us to have 4 rooms for our stay (there were 8 of us traveling), and there was simply did not want to take the price tag of our trip that high. After our extensive search, we decided to make a reservation at the Hotel Majestic, and I am so happy we did. Not only was the location on the Via Venetto perfect, there was very little I was not happy with. In fact, if it were not for the small, slow elevator, the awkward toilet seats with its non-plush toilet paper and the extremely slow hot water, it would have been perfect.

The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating. From the bell and valet service upon arrival to the check in and bar & restaurant, the staff is extremely well trained and professional. Our favorite person in the entire establishment was Renzo in the bar. He was just like having a friend inviting you into your home. The rooms were a very nice size (much bigger than I was anticipating) and beautifully appointed. Our room over looked the Via Venetto, but I did not feel that I was disturbed by any noise outside, and in fact really liked it, as it helped me to feel as though we were truly a part of Rome. We also loved the terrace at the bar and restaurant and spent our extra time there whenever we didn't feel like venturing out into the city. There was also an indoor lounge that had a HUGE big screen that they broadcast all of the World Cup games for the guests.

As stated above, the building is old, and has been modernized as much as I feel is possible, but the elevator was small and so slow. I believe I only took it twice in the week we were there. The water took a LONG time to heat up in the shower, but I got used to this after the first day and just went in and turned it on to warm up. Finally, the toilet seats, in our room, anyway, were unusually narrow. Throughout our stay, though, pretty much every toilet was this way, so I guess it's an Italian/Roman thing.

All in all, I loved the Hotel Majestic. I'm not sure I could have given the Hassler of the de Russie a better review, especially considering their price tags. You will not go wrong with this hotel, and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We had street side rooms, and I really liked having the windows on the Via Venetto and overlooking t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Angela H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This wonderfully located hotel is a great place to hang your hat. There is welcoming smiles on the entire team here. The room we had was spacious, airy and incredibly comfortable. More than ample bath rooms and very comfortable beds. On the Via Venetto, you are just steps away from the US Embassy. It is not inexpensive but you get what you pay for. It is a venue we are sure to visit again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 20 July 2014

An old-fashionned hotel right in the center of Rome. Easy to walk to all the places you want to see. Our room was quite big, quiet and fresh in design. But what I really liked was the way you were treated by the staff - they were all lovely and came up with some very good suggestions for restaurants. (out of the tourist trap..) I will definitely consider this hotel next time I am in rome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great location on the Via Veneto. Metro stop just down the street. Surrounded by restaurants. Walking distance to many sights including Trevi Fountain (under construction for next year or so), Spanish Steps, Pantheon, many important Piazzas, etc.... - and short taxi rides or metro to train station, roman forum area, etc.... Restaurants nearby are a little touristy. Walk a few extra blocks and find a more local place. Hotel staff is great. Pleasant, helpful but not obtrusive. The included breakfast is wonderful and served, if you wish, outside on a lovely veranda overlooking the Via Veneto. Room was comfortable. Bit of noise from the street but can't really be avoided.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Genova
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I spent one night in Majestic. This is a big hotel which is sold as a five star. The interior is old style, decently kept with polite staff. My room was extremely small (guess less than 10 square meters).
The terrasse is nice but quite noisi, as probably are the rooms directly on via Veneto. There are many other better and cheaper Hotels in Rome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side if you want to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank FabioDaGenova
DirettoreGenerale, Direttore at Hotel Majestic Roma, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Mr. FabioDaGenova,

first of all thank you for choosing the Majestic-Roma in occasion of your recent visit in our ‘Eternal’ city and thank you as well for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I regret to learn that we did not meet in full your expectations.

After investigating with the relevant departments it turned out that you stayed in one of our single rooms, located on the third floor and facing the rear (quite side).
Rooms facing Via Veneto are not noisy as all rooms at the Majestic Roma are double glazed.

The Majestic Roma is a veritable jewel of neoclassic elegance, small boutique hotel (98 rooms) part of the Leading Hotels of the World, an historical building ( 1889 – first hotel built on the Via Veneto), well reputed and known for the facilities and the service we daily strive.

As point of note the single room you stayed in is well appointed and provided with all facilities, the size of the room is at least twice as larger than stated in your review.

The Majestic Roma is one of the few hotels on the Via Veneto providing a terrace, where in house guest and as well locals really enjoy to have their breakfast, lunch and dinner served by our Chef Massimo Riccioli.

Should you wish to give us an another opportunity and experience a ‘Majestic’ stay, I would suggest you to book at least a double superior for sole use in order to better meet your room’s size needs and comfort.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Majestic-Roma, please feel free to contact me at any time for any further assistance you might need.

Yours sincerely,