Kennedy Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$408
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbudget hotelclose to termini stationyogurtdouble bedbusescappuccinohopcolosseummap
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Me and My wife had this place booked for us by our travel agent and I have since told the travel agent never to send anyone here again. Firstly the location was great but that is where the good stuff ends. When we first walked in the door there are 2 flights of stairs you have to walk up my wife is a samll woman with a 30 kilogram bag the staff saw her struggling and even though they were not bust no one offered any assistance. We asked for a map of the city and we were handed a map with no marking were our hotel was. When we got to our room it was very humid we asked about the air conditioning and they said they had lost the controls. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows might as well been non exsistent for how flat they were we had to get the spare blanket to prop our heads up. The whole stay the staff were completely unhelpful and acted like they did not want to be there. If the hotel was not pre paid we would have gone somewhere else.

IA 3 star hotel this was nothing more thatn a a big backpackers plese no one go here it was just awful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Luke R
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had just come from a wonderful cruise with an old friend and was booked by a travel agent for 2 nights in Rome. We were too tired to leave the place and for two nights it wasn't worth the trouble. Our room was small with a tiny bathroom we hardly could turn around in. It had mold on the walls, a wobbly old sliding door on the shower stall that was difficult to move. Light bulbs were burned out in the bathroom and next to one of the twin beds. There were bars on our third floor window. We were doubly sure to find the stairs in case of fire. We experienced three rather unconcerned men at the desk who always said they couldn't deal with problems because there was no one to cover the desk. Someone finally replaced the florescent bulb in the bathroom, but my friend was handed 2 different bulbs for nex to her bed neither of which was the right fit. The street outside was littered with paper etc. There were lots of young men on motor scooters loitering outside and junky shops in the neighborhood. I took pictures and sent them with a letter to the travel agent, but don't know how to send photos over internet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank CaroleNR
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was very disappointed with the Kennedy Hotel.
I booked 4 nights there to celebrate my husband's birthday. Our room was clean but the décor was tired and there were no tea/coffee making facilities. It was a room at the rear of the hotel and was quite noisy at night. I don't know whether it was air conditioning units or the hot water boiler going on and off but it disturbed our sleep.
The selection available at breakfast was very poor. There was no bar despite the fact the website says there is and the safety deposit boxes are not free as advertised on the website.
The only thing this hotel has going for it is it's proximity to Termini station.
I've travelled quite extensively and there's no way this is a 3 star hotel. I wouldn't stay there again and wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing onto the street as they may be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank gerilittlechild
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Convenient location, but that's where it ends, the area was quite horrible, the hotel crusty and tired, it smelled, it had two air conditioners neither worked, only one power point worked,the other one had been punched in. The bathroom had black mould and the bed was hard and horrible. It was noisy both in and out and with window opened, it only exacerbated the issue and the smell.
The man (I am guessing the owner or manager) was rude, while the me on the day and night reception were more amenable.
The breakfast was lousy, bread rolls, awful croissants or cereal. Coffee was undrinkable.
My travel agent booked this, and for 3 of us, three nights cost around $1100 which was a joke, it is almost as ad as the worst hotel I ever had the misfortune to experience in Adelaide.
If you are tricked in to this, you will be bitterly disappointed. If you don't need to be near Roma Termini, stay elsewhere, the shops near buy were rubbish as we're the restaurants. P,us there are lots of the annoying men hassling you on the foot path selling bus tickets or scarves or splat balls.
We were away for 6 weeks, and this was our last 3 days and it ruined the end of the trip.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank graemeandpatsy
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Hotel is clean and very functional. Breakfast is nothing to write home about. Cereal yoghurt rolls JAM and cheese, it does the job. Safes are available at reception for a cost, there web site claims the safes are free. Free WiFi works well. Beds are comfortable. Hotel is near termini station as are many others. I feel that it's 3 star rating is deserved.

• Stayed: October 2013