Sometimes being a Marriott Rewards member really pays off, and on this trip to the Marriott Grand Hotel Flora on Via Veneto it really did.
I had requested three junior suites since I was traveling with two families who each had two small children, and finding a room for four people in Rome was almost impossible. We did not want to put the small children in rooms by themselves. The two room junior suite at the Marriott was the perfect answer, but the wonderful surprise was that they upgraded (it is part of their program when available) one of the suites (for the grandparents) to the Presidential Suite. It could not have been better! The oval living room of the Presidential Suite made a wonderful meeting place for the entire family for 10 days. There was a game table for the children, a wonderful desk for the computers, and assorted antique furniture which created a gracious ambiance. The view was also wonderful, the ancient walls of the city and the Borghese gardens iin addition to the Via Veneto..
The staff could not have been warmer or friendlier. Yolanda, the front office manager, who seemed to be helpful to everyone and visible to all guests arranged for coloring books for the children, extra bottled water (which is not included as standard at this Marriott), and generally made the stay a pleasure. Actually her style was unique in that she makes everyone feel as if they are her personal guests. Bernardo, the concierge, was friendly and helpful and if you ask him, he will tell you how to see the entire old city for 1 Euro on a bus that will bring you back to the front of the hotel (#116). Internet is free for some Marriott reward levels, but only 9 euros for a week if you are not eligible for free service.
There is a Carrefour supermarket across the street underground which is helpful for those odd sundries and snacks one sometimes needs.
Be sure to include breakfast in your rate, otherwise it is 30 Euro, or $40 per person. It is served in a splendid roof terrace setting overlooking the city including the Borghese Gardens and the Via Veneto (the most elegant street in Rome). The buffet was plentiful but I missed some of the more expected Italian items, such as parmigiano cheese and prosciutto ham. But they did have real maple syrup for the pancakes and waffles. The service was excellent and Sandro and Donatello did a superb job in meeting individual needs. The setting would be perfect for special occasions and events in the evenings or lunch.
All in all, I think it you cannot do better in Rome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora - il cuore di Via Veneto batte in altoImmerse in your personal "Dolce Vita" at the Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora, right on top of the noble Via Veneto and next door to the Villa Borghese gardens.This gracious edifice with the stylish decor capturing the grandeur of Neoclassicism is exclusively designed for those looking for refined luxury in an atmosphere of sophistication and the highest level of welcoming hospitality anticipating every need of today's business or leisure traveller.Just sink back in the timeless elegance of the superbly appointed rooms and relax, or delight in the culinary highlights of the Mediterranean cuisine at the restaurant The Cabiria. The adjoining bar is the ideal place to meet, to see, or be seen, or to take in the flamboyant atmosphere of Via Veneto.The rooftop Ailanto is the perfect setting for wedding receptions and exclusive celebrations, or simply for admiring the enchanting view over the roofs of the Eternal city.Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora - right on the top. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Flora Hotel Rome
- Marriott Hotel Rome
- Marriott Hotel Grand Flora
- Marriott Rome
- Rome Marriott