Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
US$429
US$408
Hotwire.com
1,586 results
All reviewsvia venetoborghese gardensharry's barusing pointsspanish stepsrooftop breakfastroman walltop floorfront desk staffking bedamerican embassyjunior suitearound the corneran upgradevery nice hotelturn down servicehotel restaurant
Reviewed 17 December 2013

After reading other reviews I was somewhat skeptical, however our 4 night stay was wonderful. It's Rome why would I want a shiny modern hotel? Granted we stayed on points, but the room was good sized and clean, the shower fantastic, the staff friendly and helpful, the wifi free and the breakfast exceptional. We found some great less expensive restaurants nearby and had no problem getting anywhere we wanted to go. We had a wonderful time and I would definitely stay at the Grand Flora again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Spent the honeymoon in Rome and at the Marriott. Upon Checking we were greeted by cheerful staff. The Rooms: These were def out dated with old furniture, looked old and not Marriott Standards. The was a flat screen tv and there was no thermostat to control temperature in Dec. We had to call the front desk each time to make it colder or hot in December. This should not be the way to control temp in 2013 at a Marriott Property. There is some sort of old school thermostat but it didn't work and front desk said to call them every time which was an inconvenience and def not Marriott Standards. Breakfast being an leite member was free and was a great addtion with tons of choices. Regular cost I believe is like 30Euros. They had numerous food stations and we left full stomach on items. The front desk was helpful in guiding us to attractions. They left chocolates in our rooms as they knew we were spending honeymoon in Rome. Most were in 15 mins walking range. Overall is was an alright stay I expected more from Marriott Property, the staff were great.

3  Thank NiteSurfer1
Reviewed 15 December 2013

In the past I have been discouraged from staying here because I felt the room rates were high and out of line with other 5 star hotels in Rome and also the mixed reviews on T/A. But being a Marriott Elite member I thought we would give it a try this time for the couple of days we were in Rome. The room was on the medium size, very average with a very small bathroom. The furniture in the room was a little dated and worn and the bed was very uncomfortable just not up to Marriott standards. The breakfast was just ok, nothing special and the service was very slow. In general this hotel was a disappointment for a top of the line Marriott and I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 15 December 2013

After reading all the reviews, I must share my thoughts with other travelers. Yes, I am a fan of Marriott properties, yes, I use points when on vacation, and yes, I expect to be treated with courtesy and respect however, I also believe you should treat everyone the same as you expect to be treated. Have been at this hotel for the past four nights, have only good things to say regarding the property, the staff, the breakfast, and the location. Like most hotels in the area, things are expensive, please keep in mind that Rome is not a budget destination, bring money, charge cards and an expectation of paying a premium for everything you want to purchase. Ask the price if you are not 100% sure of the cost. Have correct change for the taxi, try to remember, no tipping necessary or expected. Please, do not expect to get a great exchange rate , again, this is not a budget destination. Generally speaking, I have not expected or have I had a single problem, so if you take the time to plan ahead, do your homework and bring enough money, you will totally enjoy your stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If traffic noise is a problem for you, please bring ear plugs, Rome is a city, city noise is constant, you will hear the normal every day noise that comes with being in a big city, you can count on it.
3  Thank sparkboy
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Marriott Flora Rome
I was here previously about 18 months ago and still highly recommend it. It is located on the top of the Via Veneto and accessible by both the 160 and 116 buses for those who choose not to walk up the hill or pay for taxis from town . The downhill walk is a pleasure and a trip to the Trevi Fountain is easy . The upstairs terrace ,with wonderful views at breakfast, has been updated as well as ,the furnishings in the lobby. They look great. Our Junior suite (409) was quite large and had a delightful view down the Veneto and also of the Aurelian City walls. It is very close to the Borghese Museum and Gardens. Yolanda assisted by Sistina will make you feel right at home. The furnishing in the suite is charming and traditional and there are two large flat screen televisions. While the upholstery in the suite was ok, I would guess it will be redone before my next trip. Be sure to check the senior citizen rates if you are eligible.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the Via Veneto or the Aurelian Wall.
2  Thank celebrationtiger