“Perfect for long weekend.”

Baglioni Hotel Regina
Ranked #114 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a perfect weekend in Rome. The hotel ticked all the boxes for somewhere to rest in between seeing as many sites as possible. The décor is perfect for the building and location, the situation of the hotel is great as a start point for exploring, the staff very pleasant and helpful, and the rooms have everything you would need. The breakfast tries to cater for everyone's needs (including my husband who is a Coeliac), this may end up being a problem as I didn't feel it matched the quality of the hotel. Eating breakfast in the lounge area was also far more pleasant as it was quieter. Would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your lovely posting.
It is a pleasure reading about your satisfaction and our team will be very glad to learn about your comments.
I very much look forward to having you here soon. With warm regards, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Nice hotel but the twin room that we asked for came as a surprise when we checked in despite it being requested at the time of booking, resulting in a bit of a flap at the desk to find an appropriate room - not a great start.
The safe in the room failed twice with no offer to fix it, in fact the manager said he had no way to resolve this as everyone was busy!
The concierge are very helpful but always ask them to book where you want to go - left to them to suggest somewhere was a really disappointing restaurant.
No deal breakers but not 5 star standard when even the basics seemed something of a challenge.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for you posting. I am sorry to learn you came across some issues during your stay, our guests’ feedbacks are important and helpful to our staff. I hope you can give us another chance in the future. Sincerely, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Here's my review of the Regina Baglioni. I've just returned and hope I can provide an honest picture that people find helpful.

My friend and I have just returned from a three night stay at the Regina Baglioni and I must admit, it was a bit of a mixed experience. I found the hotel and it's staff just a little bit 'soulless'. Don't get me wrong, it's spotlessly clean and has a lovely lobby and common parts, but if you're after something sumptuous, quirky or a bit different, I'm not sure this is it.

The check-in didn't go that smoothly and even though I emailed ahead and requested a twin room and had confirmation that it would be fine, there was no record of it. We did however get an upgrade to a larger room, which was pleasant and spotlessly clean. The location is fairly quiet too, which is great. Breakfast was lovely and there was lots of choice on offer.

The staff were also a mixed bag - some were friendly, but some were a little dismissive. Our safe wouldn't work and the alarm kept going off. This happened to us twice and the second time we were told they were 'too busy' - not what you want to hear when your passports, money and credit cards are all locked in there! Eventually someone came to help and was apologetic. I watched another couple get checked in (the numerous Balenciaga bags were a bit of a giveaway that they were 'serious' guests) and the reception staff were charm personified. It all just felt that unless you were a 'high roller', they just didn't really care and went through the motions.

To be fair, there's nothing particularly wrong with this hotel, but then again, there wasn't really anything stand-out to make me want to return either.

One other quick Rome tip - the Concierge booked us on a Green Line Tour of the Vatican. Perhaps we were just unlucky (or perhaps not - I've just seen the TripAdvisor review!), but we were late being picked up, had to change buses and our tour guide was just awful. Dull and certainly didn't bring it to life - it was so bad that half the group left to do their own thing! Regina Baglioni - dump this company, they are terrible!

1  Thank 232sally

Dear Guest, thank you for your comment. I am truly sorry to learn you didn’t experienced what you expected. Please, if you would like to give us a second chance you can contact me directly (l.virgilio@baglionihotels.com) and I will do my best to make your stay enjoyable, as what has happened to you is the exception rather than the rule here at Regina Baglioni. Sincerely, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have stayed at the sister Baglioni hotel in London & greatly enjoyed it because several staff members are from Italy & always fun to be around. Not so here in Rome. The staff is abrupt & seemed annoyed. Perhaps because the hotel is filled with Americans which, of course, doesn't make any sense because that is the reason the staff is employed to begin with. Upon arrival near 3:00p.m., we were told the living room area was still serving lunch. When we walked in, the waiter said it wasn't possible so we left & found a restaurant nearby. Whenever we began speaking Italian to any staff member, they answered in English as if that was part do the "rule" in dealing with Americans. In London, they all speak Italian to us! When I walked into the aforementioned living room to inquire about afternoon tea, they were totally perplexed & said I could order a cup of tea & dessert separately.
The absolutely worst part of this experience was printing boarding passes which the concierge must do. There is only one & he is extremely busy so trying to do this can take forever! I asked 3 staff members why they don't have a printer near the two computers in the lobby & no one had an answer. For this reason alone, coupled with the staff's "attitude", we won't return.
This hotel is quite expensive & very un Italian - didn't even feel like we were in Italy. For these prices & atmosphere which was severely lacking, we'll stay elsewhere. This hotel is simply no fun!

Room Tip: Don't stay here but if you must, our room which was very nice & on the Via Veneto was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your posting. My sincere apologies for your experience, I am sorry to learn we were not able to provide an experience up to your expectations and what you experienced is against our standards. Please, do not hesitate to contact me personally (l.virgilio@baglionihotels.com) as I truly would like to understand more. Sincerely, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The hotel was excellent! They upgraded us to an absolutely huge room with an equally huge bathroom. The service was excellent.The breakfast was very good. The location was perfect. We walked to most major sites during our 2 day visit. We never had to use a taxi. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a street view. These rooms have more light. Our room faced a back area of oth...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Guest, thanks ever so much for your lovely posting and comments. Especially your recommendation is very important for us, learning about your satisfaction is our first reward. We truly hope to see you soon. With kindest regards, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel early in the morning. The bell staff greeted us and arranged to store our luggage while we started sightseeing. The concierge was so helpful in making arrangements for our tour guide and for a special floral delivery on my birthday! The hotel also sent up a special birthday cake! The rooms could use some updating but for my first time in Rome, it was very special! Also, the hotel is located across from the US embassy and within walking distance to all the main attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear guest, very glad to learn you did celebrate your birthday with us. Glad to know you felt special, as this is what we long for, making our guests feel special. I hope you will choose us again, warm regards, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here twice on our recent trip to Italy. The upper floors were recently remodeled. Great Breakfast. The service is second to NONE!I don't think there is a bad room here. We stayed twice on our trip. the higher floors were recently remodeled so ask for those. But just a lovely place.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room here. We stayed twice on our trip. the higher floors were rece...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for your lovely posting. Learning that you stayed twice with us is very encouraging for us especially for our staff, which everyday gives its best to make guest feel at home. See you soon, Best regards, Luca Virgilio