“Exquisite”

Baglioni Hotel Regina
Ranked #135 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Splendid in every way, great setting lovely balcony (I think we were probably had a junior suite). Lovely comfy bed and super shower, all presented impeccably. Pleasant and unfussy service from attentive staff. Nice street for shopping with a few reasonable independent boutiques just up from the hotel, sensibly priced.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest, grazie mille for your lovely posting, we are very encouraged by your review.
It was a pleasure for us having you as guest. We truly hope to see you soon. With kindest regards, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel from the 3rd to the 7th October. We had never been to Rome and while we had other friends in town staying at other hotels, we decided to do our own thing. We used Trivago to search for hotels and finally decided on using Olotels as they worked out the best price. We had no issues with them and so I would recommend them to u. Before telling u about the hotel I should mention we have been privileged to have travelled the world and had the pleasure of staying in some magnificent hotels so we have a pretty good idea what constitutes a top 5* hotel. Having arrived at the hotel at 11am we were greeted by Olga at reception. I feared we would only be able to check in at 2pm, but as luck or Olga would have it she was able to accommodate us immediately. She allocated us room 234 (superior double) on the back of the building overlooking a small courtyard. Now some people complained about this but let me reassure you it was the best thing you could wish for. The front faces the US Embassy on via veneto and suffice to say is BUSY. We wanted quiet and what we got was more than that. Absolute silence. What a pleasure. I dont care having to look at a courtyard its not like u can see the tourist attractions from there anyway so ignore that problem. Oh and we had a private balcony (one of 3 that had one). As for the room...delightful spacious clean and comfortable. The bed was sooo comfortable in fact there was nothing I could fault. The bathroom was huge double basin and a shower that resembles a waterfall. The room was beautifully cleaned morning and evening. Ok there was only one English movie channel but they had cnn and bbc. More than enough. The breakfast was wow...I mean wow. The choice the freshness the service all exceptional. My wife had what she described as a perfect massage.lorenzo (concierge) sorted this and he was one of the nicest and polite men I have met. We met some Americans staying at other 5* hotels and they all moaned. In fact the friends we had there were staying in another very well renowned 5* hotel overlooking rome and everyone complained about their room the cost and above all the rudeness of the staff. Look each to their own and what works for one doesn't always work for another but some of the negative feedback (about the Baglioni) I can tell u sounds like hot air. I would stay here again in a heartbeat the service position and comfort was for us some of the best we have ever experienced. I can be a fussy old bugger (im only 46) and will gladly complain when its called for, but for me the Baglioni delivered 100% and then some. So if you looking for a 5* hotel you just found it and remember room 234 for peace and quiet. Thank you Baglioni for a wonderful 5 days and thank you Olga and Lorenzo-you are a both wonderful and I am sure the hotel knows that too...arivaderci

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you ever so much for your stunning review and for the time you spent to write it. Your satisfaction about your stay at Regina it is reason for us to keep on giving the best of the best to our precious guests. I am sure Olga and Lorenzo will truly appreciate your comment. We look forward to having you here soon. With kindest regards, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We used a travel company for our trip to Italy. We decided to get married outside of Rome and chose Hotel Baglioni.
Upon entering, one would think they are back in time, possible a 1940's black and white movie. The hotel is very clean and decorated quite tastefully. Our room was a decent size with a good sized bathroom. There were not any available bureaus, but a large closet and small drawers. We did have some problems with the outlet in our bathroom as we blew out the fuse every single day and had to call for assistance...this was a bit of a problem, as we sat in the dark without electricity until the" handy man" appeared...this took quite a while on a couple of the days.
The night before our wedding, we dined in the hotel restaurant. It was terrific! We had drinks at the bar (best Mohitos!) and were even given amazing appetizers "on the house". The restaurant was modern and had comfy chairs, great music and wonderful service. They even made something special for our celebration. Food was great and we truly enjoyed our night.
Breakfast was the best out of all the hotels we stayed in during our 15 day tour. The chef was always doting on the guest; he even toasted my bread for me and plated it! Great buffet that was replenished regularly.
The concierge was always willing to help and made various arrangements for us during our stay.
The hotel manager was present during our check out and introduced himself as well.
Oh! The hotel also left us beautiful treats and a bottle of champagne in honor of our wedding...class act for sure! Thank you for a memorable stay!

Room Tip: Can't really say there is a "view". The hotel is in the hub of Rome, across the street...
1  Thank LynneB1966
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Guest, congratulation for your marriage and thank you for your lovely posting. We are truly glad you had such a great and memorable experience with us.
I look forward to having you and your ‘hubby’ soon, with kindest regards, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 3 night break at Regina Baglioni, Rome. First impressions of the hotel were good. It is an impressive looking hotel right opposite the US embassy. Check in staff were efficient & friendly and the entrance area is beautiful. We were pleased that checking in early (we arrived around 11am) was not a problem, and we were told that we had been upgraded to a Deluxe Room. Happy days!
The room (301) was OK. It has a large bathroom with 2 basins, a WC and a large shower with a rain shower. The sleeping area was a little smaller than expected, but overall it was OK. The view wasn't great as it was a 'courtyard' view and was basically a loads of pipes and a roof, but that suited us as it meant it was quite with no traffic noise.
Problems with the room started when my wife had a shower and it flooded due to the drain not letting water escape quick enough. We reported this 3 times before it was looked at, and then even after the maintenance man had been it still flooded. (we adapted and just didnt put the shower on full to avoid the flooding) - The general maintenance in the room wasn't great to be honest! Bidet had a leaking tap, and just generally a bit tired!
This takes me on to the fittings in the room. No extractor fan in the bathroom, meaning the mirror was always steamed up. Tiny little LCD TV on the wall, no iPod dock. I mean it was OK, but not generally what I would expect in a 5 star hotel. This wasn't a cheap room at £350+ per night!
The breakfast at the hotel was good, and what you would expect.
None of the problems we experienced at the hotel were horrific, but none of them were rectified either. It wasnt the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, but it was a long way from the best.
My advice to anybody thinking about booking this hotel is; expect the worst and then you may only be slightly disappointed. We will not be going back.

Room Tip: I would recommend a courtyard room as it is on a fairly busy road
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeanoLondon

Dear Guest, thank you for the time you spent in sharing your concerns. I am sorry Regina Hotel Baglioni did not fulfil your expectations.
Regarding the issues your raised I will personally check with our staff and will do my best to sort out.
I hope you will give us another opportunity, if so, please contact me directly (l.virgilio@baglionihotels.com) to see what we can do in the future for your disappointment. Sincerely, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Great location just opposite the US embassy. Via Veneto is the perfect starting point for sightseeing (piazza di spagna, trevi fountain, etc) and access to central Rome. The hotel itself is quite nice although the decor is a little dated and the rooms would certainly benefit from some renovation work. That said rooms are fairly spacious, very comfortable and nicely sound proof (mine was on first floor overlooking busy via veneto and i was pleasantly surprised street noise didn't bother me at all). unlike in many other hotels i have been to in Italy, bathrooms have powerful showers installed.
if you like excercising this hotel is literally a few steps away from the stunning villa borghese park which is a runner's paradise. the hotel gym on the other hand is tiny.
Hotel staff is generally nice and efficient. i noticed concierge staff being very helpful with foreign guests with a variety of different requests (as it should be in a 5 star hotel). checked in and out in no time depite the busy time of day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your nice posting.
We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay at Regina Baglioni and the beauties that Eternal City can offer.
We hope to have you back soon. With kindest regards, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a perfect weekend in Rome. The hotel ticked all the boxes for somewhere to rest in between seeing as many sites as possible. The décor is perfect for the building and location, the situation of the hotel is great as a start point for exploring, the staff very pleasant and helpful, and the rooms have everything you would need. The breakfast tries to cater for everyone's needs (including my husband who is a Coeliac), this may end up being a problem as I didn't feel it matched the quality of the hotel. Eating breakfast in the lounge area was also far more pleasant as it was quieter. Would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your lovely posting.
It is a pleasure reading about your satisfaction and our team will be very glad to learn about your comments.
I very much look forward to having you here soon. With warm regards, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Nice hotel but the twin room that we asked for came as a surprise when we checked in despite it being requested at the time of booking, resulting in a bit of a flap at the desk to find an appropriate room - not a great start.
The safe in the room failed twice with no offer to fix it, in fact the manager said he had no way to resolve this as everyone was busy!
The concierge are very helpful but always ask them to book where you want to go - left to them to suggest somewhere was a really disappointing restaurant.
No deal breakers but not 5 star standard when even the basics seemed something of a challenge.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for you posting. I am sorry to learn you came across some issues during your stay, our guests’ feedbacks are important and helpful to our staff. I hope you can give us another chance in the future. Sincerely, Luca Virgilio