“Hard to find an issue”

Ranked #109 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
virginia
“Hard to find an issue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

After a very long flight, all you want to do is get into your room, and wash your face, brush your teeth and stretch out on a big bed before tackling the city. I don't know why and I did not argue, but they got us in well before standard check in. I am sure the corner room with no view helped that process. The room was very ornate, but huge.. really huge. The hotel is not that big, but it does have a feeling of being grand.
I still have no idea how to run the room AC or heat, but was never in there long enough to really worry. If it was hot, I opened the window (if you leave the window open when you leave the room, they magically know and close it while your out), and if it was cool, the room heats up fast. The bathroom was big and had all the amenities. And the walk in closet was just plain dreamy.
The location was great for walking to everything. Italy was a very quick trip on our way to the next destination, but we squeezed in as much as we could. The hotel was placed just right for all of the adventures and the concierge and front desk were wonderful and helpful.
The breakfast was very good and on the first morning the service was perfect, the second was pretty good, and I am not sure they knew we were there by the last morning.
The other odd thing was the night lock down. We had a late dinner and then walked back to the hotel. We did not think it was that late, but the doors were locked. There were a few "ladies of the night" handing round on the corner across the street so perhaps this is done for security, but lights were out, and doors were locked. We rattled the doors and after a few, a security person opened the doors and let us in. Never actually asked us room numbers or checked for keys, just let us in and locked the doors behind us. I just thought that odd.
This hotel would have perfect score if not for the night watchman, room ac/heat unit, and the breakfast slacking. The staff were wonderful, the hotel very nice, breakfast was great, the room clean and large. Clearly Rome was so amazing the hotel issues were minor in comparison.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank vacationx2
MaurizioDEste, Direttore generale at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experiences following your stay here in Rome.

I am glad that you enjoyed our location, allowing easy access to the shopping hotspots and I am glad to see you managed to take full advantage of this.

But I would also like to apologise that you found the room location not satisfying. I have updated your profile to allocate you on a higher floor with view for a future visit to ensure that a repeat does not happen.

Thank you also for letting the hotel know regarding the service at breakfast on the second and third morning, which is below the high level of service which Regina is renowned for. I have informed our Food & Beverage Director of your feedback and has been shared with the Caffe Baglioni Team.

I have also passed your feedback in relation to the AC sistem to our Engineering department who is working on it, so thank you for letting us know.

Regarding the night watchman and the fact that he let in a guest without confirming their name or room number , I have raised your comment with the Security Department as this should have been done . I am sorry that this was not done.

I am glad to read that Rome has made your trip enforgettable .

Once again thank you for constructive feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future bookings so we can allocate a room suitable for your preferences.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
BsAs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Lovely hotel in a great spot in Via Venetto , close to the Borghese park, nice restaurants and bars close by. The hotel has style and bonheur, good rooms with big bathrooms for European standards, they offer a top buffet breakfast and the staff especially the charming Colombian at the entrance are very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences following your stay here at the Regina Hotel Baglioni .

I am glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel, which is second to none for shopping, entertainment , restaurants and main attractions which are all in short walking distance away.

It is important to start off the day in a positive way, so I am happy you found breakfast superb and set you up perfectly to explore everything Rome has to offer.

Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with the team and they were all delighted to hear your compliments.
best regards,

Maurizio D’Este
Vice President & Area GM for Regina Hotel Baglioni, Rome and Luna Hotel Baglioni, Venice
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We arrived at the Regina Baglioni after a short trip from the UK; a trip for me and my mum! We were immediately greeted by a charming gentleman who helped us out of our car and took our bags inside. The stairway and reception area that greet you take your breath away, and the people on reception were delightful. It was only 11.30 but our room was ready and we were personally shown straight to our door! The room was beautiful, not huge, but twin beds and a separate dressing area and bathroom suited us just fine! Comfy beds, great toiletries and fluffy robes made it even more "luxury". My only complaint would be some cracked tiles around the bath and the AC didn’t work brilliantly so would worry about this in the height of summer! These things could be easily fixed and subtract from the 5* quality of everything else.
We chose to have a glass of prosecco in the hotel bar before we had dinner elsewhere and were a little stunned at the price of two drinks at 16 euro each...however, the array of nibbles that came with them more than made up for it; little sandwiches, deep fried mozzarella balls, smoked salmon, Gazpacho...just yummy! This hotel steers away from your standard modern luxury, and maintains it's art deco charm. I am super super fussy and easily find fault with things, but I'd definitely stay there again and have told everyone hoping to visit Rome to do the same!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LadyNev55
MaurizioDEste, Direttore generale at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Guest ,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your stay with us this year.
We are all delighted that you loved your time with us and the small touches we give to our guests. We are indeed pleased to know that if you returned to Rome you would only consider another night with us.
Regarding the small improvements you suggested , I am glad to inform you that our team is working hard to ensure everything is as it should be.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Regina Hotel Baglioni Rome in the nearby future

With warmest wishes,

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I said 'almost' because the room (mine was #122), although more than decent, could use a facelift. Other than that, service was very attentive, the buffet breakfast superior, the (free) wi-fi worked smoothlessly. I know room rates can be quite high, but if you manage to grab a good promo rate (I did), chances are you are going to get good value for your money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FF
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Regina Hotel Rome. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your time at our Hotel and that you loved the breakfast buffet.
We have a large variety of rooms to choose from classic rooms with a traditional feel to newly refurbished suites. If you found your previous room too cosy then perhaps on your next stay we could provide you with one of our many larger rooms.
You can find incredible offers as well on our ufficial website.
We look forward to welcoming you back at your Hotel in Rome and meanwhile we wish you Happy Holidays.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

If you are up for the price you have to pay to stay at one of the hotels on the Via Veneto, the Regina Hotel Baglioni is definitely one to consider. My friends and I stayed their recently and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Great location, great staff, a great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest, grazie mille for your lovely posting.
I am very glad you had such a great experience with us.
I hope you and your friends will be our guests again soon. With kindest regards, Luca Virgilio
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

This is luxury. Perfect location. Great staff, and wonderful breakfast. The beds were wonderful and we were greeted with a cake when we arrived. I will stay here again, guaranteed. The place is so stunning, pictures can't do it justice. I would recommend, if you want to be strategically located in Rome, to stay here. There are small coffee shops and restaurants all around. Do yourself a favor and live like a king and stay here.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Morgan G
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your stunning posting.
Learning you felt like a king is a real pleasure, and our staff will be very happy to read your comment.
I truly hope to see you soon, Best regards, Luca Virgilio
tel aviv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Excellent hotel, beautiful design, wonderful location, very clean and quiet, it was above my all expectations. I'll be glad to recommend about this magnificent hotel to all my friends
however, the very good breakfast of the hotel needs some changes from time to time. Its a beat boring to eat every day the same good food,
ronen Israel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, grazie mille for your recommendations and your nice posting.
Regarding the “same good food”, thank you for letting me know, I will personally discuss about it with the chef and see if we can change some details.
Thank you ever so much, with kindest regards, Luca Virgilio