“Fantastic Location and Property”

Baglioni Hotel Regina
Ranked #114 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
New York City, New York
“Fantastic Location and Property”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I stayed at this beautiful hotel and loved the location, the staff and the amenities! My room was well appointed and the toiletries were appreciated. Being on Via Veneto, meant access to restaurants and shop. I was also close to major sightseeing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank theresad330
michele p, Direttore at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Mrs. Theresad330,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review the Regina Hotel Baglioni on Tripadvisor.

Hoping to welcome you back to the Regina Hotel Naglioni soon.

Yours sincerely

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel, perfectly situated along the elegant Via Veneto in the center of Rome. The location could not be better--everything is walking distance, or else an easy cab/metro ride. But the immediate location is one of the best in the city, evocative of films such as La Dolce Vita, or more recently, The Great Beauty.

In fact, while staying at the hotel, I went on their Great Beauty Tour, which brought our group to the memorable locations from the Oscar winning film. It was a wonderful way to tour the city while "experiencing" the movie at the same time.

After, we had lunch in their fabulous restaurant Brunello. Even if you don't stay at the hotel, a meal at Brunello is great choice.

This is a luxury hotel, so it's not cheap. But I think you get a good value for the quality, the location, and the overall ambiance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Rickzullo,

thank you very much for your nice review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our organized tour "The Great Beauty" and most of all our Restaurant Brunello.

I hope to welcome you personally in occasion of your next stay with us.

Sincerely

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel in a great location - easy walk to all the major tourist attractions. This is a building with history and you can feel that as soon as you arrive, with its opulent reception that is fit for a queen! We didn't think the food there was good value for money though.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank RichardWeddell
michele p, Direttore at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Guests,

thank you very much for taking your time to write a review on Tripadvisor about your stay at the Regina Hotel Baglioni.

I am glad you have enjoyed most of your stay and I am also sorry for not having appreciated our cuisine, please accept my apologies.

We continuously strive to meet our guests needs and expectations; therefore your feedback has been very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Regina Hotel Baglioni in a near future.

Your sincerely

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have stayed in hotels around the world from 3 to 7 star. We came here to stay for a wedding recently. My experience here was mixed. The location is excellent. Staff is courteous at best. However, the things that surprises me for a hotel is such tremendous repute and stature are:
1. Lamps with bare bulbs in room
2. Dimly lit rooms
3. Restaurant staff during breakfast time inattentive and brusque
4. No iron in room. You have to pay to get anything ironed
5. Paper thin walls. I could hear everything in room above me..walking, soap bar falling in tub and showering

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Tkhanmd1
michele p, Direttore at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Regina Hotel Baglioni Rome. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Regina Hotel Baglioni Rome, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Concerning Iron and Board in the room, I would like to remind you, as we did several times during your stay, that for fire and safety regulation it is forbidden to provide this type of service in the guest's rooms. As every 5 star Hotel we have an efficient laundry service that serves our Guests for any needs during the stay and, as in every 5 star Hotel, this service has a cost which in the specific occasion of the wedding has been discounted by 20%.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed for three nights with our 12 year old son in a deluxe spacious room in which an extra bed was provided. The service from the front desk staff, to the concierge, to the spa to the dining rooms staff was of a very high standard. This is a beautiful building on the via Veneto, close to the Villa Borghese for excellent walks and bike rides, with designer shopping nearby too. It never felt busy and we felt very well looked after by the staff who went out of their way to make us feel welcome. There was a problem with our room safe which required a repair. That evening we found a bottle of chilled Prosecco and petit fours in our room with a personal letter from the management apologising for the inconvenience.

Free wifi was fast and effective. Breakfast was good with prompt and attentive service. We had lunch at the Brunelo restaurant on our last day which was good although in our view very expensive. EUR16 for an albeit good glass of Prosecco and the same for a Chianti is excessive, as was the charge of EUR 12 for chocolate ice cream for our son.

The Spanish Steps are a 10 minute walk away with the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon just a little further on. Our room (with some very minor decorative blemishes) on the 6th floor was quiet, well furnished with a large marble en suite bathroom stocked with excellent Ortigia accessories. The two balconies gave us a birds eye view of the US Embassy as well as the 50's 'Martini' neon sign above it; all very 'dolce vita'. We appreciated the evening 'turn down' service with slippers and chocolates as well as complimentary still and sparkling water which was replenished every day.

We would recommend this hotel very highly and look forward to returning here when we return to Rome.

1 Thank HenrybLittle
michele p, Direttore at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Regina Hotel Baglioni Rome. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and I would be very grateful if you can also share your satisfaction by reviewing on TripAdvisor your positive stay at the Regina Hotel Baglioni.
I look forward to meeting you personally in occasion of your next journey to Rome.

Your Sincerely

Plano, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just left Rome and spent 4 nights at the Regina Baglioni. We stayed in a Junior Suite which was impeccably furnished and had a large balcony overlooking ancient Rome. The staff was friendly and helpful. Wi-fi and breakfast was included. Even with 2 kids aged 8 and 11 we were able to easily walk to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain (closed for renovation) and the Borghese gardens (must rent a bike/rickshaw there). There are numerous restaurants up and down Via Veneto for lunch and dinner. It's a fantastic small boutique hotel which deserves it's leading hotel title. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Rome.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
michele p, Direttore at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Retinaldo,

Thank you for your positive review and your kind words about the Regina Hotel Baglioni, I’m happy to hear you liked it so much.

Thanks also for the nice comments on our Staff who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Regina Hotel Bagliioni soon.

Regards

nyc
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Hotel has boutique feel, gorgeous lobby, and extremely professional staff. The staff goes out of its way to remember you, creating a boutique luxury feel. The location is excellent, close to all of the attractions but in an upscale neighborhood.

1 Thank brookfieldd1976
michele p, Direttore at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive and great five star review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that the staff was helpful so much to make your stay a memorable one.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Kind regards