Parco dei Principi Grand Hotel & SPA
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$625
US$414
US$222
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$273
  • Restaurant
US$733
US$443
1,388 results
All reviewsborghese gardensoutdoor poolvia venetofive star hotela short taxi rideconcierge staffquiet locationfree shuttlecentral romefabulous hotelsight seeingjunior suitesmall balconymain attractionsloved this hotelbreakfast was includedtourist attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This is a 5 Star hotel, beautifully furnished but compeletely lacking any service ethic. The hotel was very busy with conferences and had no interest in tourists. This may be a very good hotel for business users but for general tourism the location is not good and the attitudes at reception are more 2 Star than 5 Star. The breakfast buffet had a good selection of cold food including the hot food which was cold!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony W
Reviewed 18 October 2012

As part of my husbands 50th birthday celebration, we stayed a long weekend in Rome, staying at the Grand Hotel Parco Dei Principi. We wanted a hotel on the outskirts of the city so that we could escape to a peaceful abode if needed! We found the perfect spot! Beautiful interior, lovely surrondings with small garden and pool, large park area nextdoor, well equipped and clean gym as well as indoor swimmingpool and spa! Yet still close the city, 10 min with taxi/minibus, or walking if desired. We even found a few very lovely restaurants nearby the hotel which we dined in after long days of sightseeing! The only negative is the beds are very hard, but this we have experienced in other places in Italy, so maybe its the custom!

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room and the one we received was just that. Corner room, litte balcony, and facing the park and swimming pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Last year I stayed at their sister hotel Splendid Royal, and decided to try this one now, since I needed a restful vacation. At first, I was disappointed that the hotel was not an old building, but you get used to it. Its location right next, north of Villa Borghese park, provides a quiet surroundings, but only a walking distance away from the city (well, I like to walk in Rome). Especially if you have been in Rome before, this is a great place to enjoy both easy access to city, but also to provide some relaxing. It is a great way to start a day with a brisk walk or jog in the park, enjoy the decent breakfast buffet at the hotel, and walk through the park ( 15 minutes) to piazza Poppolo. Or take their shuttle to Splendid hotel, and be 5 minutes away from Spanish steps. Additionally, if you are not enjoying walking, the taxis are not expensive. The actual hotel room was very small, compared what we had in Splendid, but a balcony and a view to the park was a plus. Additionally, you don't come to Rome to sit in a hotelroom. My largest disappointment was the bathroom, which certainly does not reflect a five star hotel. Tiny bathroom, with very narrow shower/ bathtub was a negative surprise. Additionally, if a five star hotel cant afford a decent handsoap holder, but the maid puts a plastic bag under, hmmmm! In general, the service at the hotel us very good,especially the concierges are very helpful, and can recommend great places to eat, according to your wishes. For example, one night we felt like eating a good pizza, and the concierge told us to go to a pizzeria two blocks away! Excellent pizza, great local atmosphere, and in a walking distance! The pool of the hotel is large and nice, especially after a long walks and great lunches, this is a great place to regain your energy. Their Spa is nice, not a top, but my massage was great and relaxing. Also their gym looks quite well equipped, but enjoyed the park more, and skipped the gym. I had a small incident in the hotel with some eager minibar filler removing my souvenirs from the fridge, but after some complains, the hotel approached with a proper apologize. Last night, I tried Pauline restaurant, since the restaurant in Spendid was excellent, but it was not too much of an experience. The food was okay, but nothing special, the athmosphere a bit distant, and since it was almost empty, it was a bit ackward dining experience. In my opinion, the value was not right, even though the service is good. Even if the rooms are small ( next time I try the suite), as said, Rome is not to stay in the room. The hotel is quite nice, service good and this time I really enjoyed to be away from the busy areas,without being too far to reach the city.

Room Tip: Get the room with the park view, from floor 4 or 5, or go for suite
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank expataecl
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The only way this hotel would get five stars from me and my mother would be if you knocked us over the head and gave me ammnesia to forget our terrible experience here. We were so excited for our trip to roma, mind you my mother was born in northern Italy and has visited rome many times. She speaks Italian moderately well. However, the staff scoffed at us whenever we had a question or small request - treating us as stereotypical Americans who they obviously view in an offensive light. We asked for a restraunt on the first night mind you and we were met with a rudeness that I can't even describe, they finally called us a taxi after a long wait out front and the taxi (although that's not the hotels fault) failed to even find the proper eatery! Every time we had a small question, we were looked at as if we were crazy. All areas of staff are lacking, the maids don't bother cleaning very well and I think that's at least due to being under staffed. Either that or their constant loud hacking in the hallways!
The decor is very dated and if you think it's traditional Italian, then you will love it (its not) - to me it was subpar and its bordering on tacky.
Bar service was almost nonexistent.
Not a good place for the price, that's the bottom line.
Also, beware the location is far from the city's best sights!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Caprimermaid
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel has a good location next to a beautiful parc. The interior of the hotel and the rooms are decorated with old traditional Italian style, perfect setting to enjoy Rome! Gold, beautiful paintings and fabric covered walls. Much like their website will portrait. Friendly staff and good service. We particularly enjoy the quiet surroundings, allowing for a good sleep. However my body are used to softer beds, and that becomes the only concern in a great hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012