Parco dei Principi Grand Hotel & SPA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
1,387 results
All reviewsborghese gardensoutdoor poolvia venetofive star hotela short taxi rideconcierge staffquiet locationfree shuttlecentral romefabulous hotelsight seeingjunior suitesmall balconymain attractionsloved this hotelbreakfast was includedtourist attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and me stayed in the hotel for two nights. We arrived early in the morning 8:30 am and did directly get our room, what really suprised us positively. We had booked a junior suite and received an upgrade to suite. The room and the whole hotel are furnished in a very "classic chic". The bathroom was marble, the whirlpool nice. However, the whirlpool also served as shower and the water dripped/flew in the bathroom since there was no shower cabin or similar thing. The room looked rather old and definitely needed some refurnishment, especially the carpet needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, the suite was located on the 1st floor, so there was no view on the Borghese Park or the City (other than announced on the hotel's website). The room was further located directly over the restaurant area - it turned out that in the first evening there was a reception followed by a party with live band playing until after 1 am in the morning. The music did not stop before I called the concierge at 1:30 am. Honestly, thats not what I expect from a five star hotel, especially with the rates they have. In sum, this is a nice 3-4 star hotel that definitely needs to reconsider its pricing.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hoshie30
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

As others have noted, this hotel is ok. But that's all it is. Ok. Average. Nothing special.

Attended a conference there and the company had booked out most of the hotel. I'm glad I wasn't paying myself, as even the corporate discounted rate of 200 EUR a night did not seem worth it to me.

Firstly, it's quite a long way from the action, in what seems to be an upmarket residential area close to all the embassies. You can walk into the tourist site zone, but it will take you a good 30 mins, possibly longer.

Secondary, the temperature. The rooms are freezing. I kept switching off the aircon, but whenever I took the key card out of the slot to leave the room, it automatically switched back on again!! Surely key card slots are supposed to save electricity by switching the AC off when u leave, not the other way around?!

Bedroom was an ok size, but the bathroom was tiny and difficult to move around in as it was so small. Why they bother with a bidet in such a small bathroom I don't know. And the 'alarm' they have in there makes you feel like u are in a nursing home, not a hotel.

Which in some ways you are. The decor is like something my grandma would consider nice. In fact the chair looked like the same one my gran has. She is 96. Enough said.

The whole environment in the hotel is stuffy. It's a hotel for old people. Feels like one is in another century. The sort of place where the staff look down on the guests.

And then there was the food. Admittedly we were force fed buffets for nearly every meal, as tends to be the case at conferences, so I can only comment on this particular kind of culinary abuse. We had the same pasta at each meal, probably literally the same pasta, not just the same recipe. Pizza was soggy. Other items uninspiring. This is Rome. Good food is everywhere. But if u want mediocre food, then this hotel is the place for you. I'm writing this in the Emirates lounge in DBX waiting for my connecting flight home. The food and service in this airport lounge is better than the hotel. Enough said.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank tony_newman
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing art collection, location, facilities and standard service for a 5 star hotel. Surprisingly for such a hotel, the level of English is low.

The rooms are spacious and well decorated, if a bit on the classic style.

The Spa looks amazing

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Luis C
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had stayed previously and had had a marvellous stay, unfortunately in the last years since our last visit standards have dropped drastically. The clientele has changed to mostly conventions and bus tourism, leaving staff rather unfriendly, ready to make a quick buck attitude and
and with total lack of service. Rooms are outdated and the breakfast service is just ghastly.
It was so bad we actually had breakfast (although included in the rate) only on the first day than preferred to pay for another breakfast
somewhere else. If you have any standards or expectations sat away as they are only interested in catering to large “cattle type” groups

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Xofi10
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Located near the Villa Borghese this is a beautiful hotel. I was there for business and greatly enjoyed my stay. The massive king size bed was extremely comfortable. There was a great buffet breakfast every morning and the waiters would bring a cappuccino to the table. The spa was fantastic. There was a high pressure water jet at an angle that would really work out the kinks in the back. My wife used the exercise facilities that she pronounced as state of the art. Not the best location if you plan to walk to all the major attractions as it is located quite a distance away.

• Stayed: May 2014