“Great hotel, service, service, service.”
Review of Hotel Lord Byron

Hotel Lord Byron
Ranked #53 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I don't normally write reviews but after our stay I felt it was necessary. This hotel is not only beautiful but you can feel that the owner and staff treat the property and its guests as if it was their own home you were staying at. You feel like you are in a residence not a hotel. The staff helpful and polite, always attentive. High value, quiet neighborhood. Only complaint was that we are now spoiled and expect other hotels to be as beautiful, friendly and warm.
Steve and Ella

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StephenD708

Reviewed 30 May 2011

I have traveled in several European countries and have never found a hotel more dedicated to quality and service than that of the Lord Byron. The staff members treat each guest as if they were the most important person staying at the hotel, and the service provided to clients is second to none. I have never had an unpleasant moment at the Lord Byron; the quality of the facility is wonderful; and the commitment to service is second to none in Europe. I would highly recommend this delightful hotel to anyone wishing to experience the very best in service and comfort. I look forward to each of my visits to this wonderful establishment, and there have been many, and every time I leave to return to my home in Atlanta, I anticipate my return to Rome and my "home away from home."

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Atlanta-Rome
Reviewed 19 May 2011

My wife and I recently returned from a week long visit to Rome (late April/earlyMay) to celebrate her birthday. In selecting hotels, I settled on the Lord Byron based on my own research and the reviews to be found on-line. Let me add that we are both well-traveled and have experienced our share of hotel disappointments. In a sentence, the Lord Byron and its staff was a wonderful find!

From the moment we arrived, the staff made sure our every comfort was met and this despite a minor check-in problem due to another departing guest. In fact, the most appealing aspect of this charming hotel is its wonderful staff- I have to singularly point out Marta, Gus, the other gentleman concierge/front desk (whose name I did not get- apologies) and of course, the incomparable Andrea Lacetera. An entire review could be written regarding the services and attention provided by Andrea and those who have written before me have echoed the accolades afforded this fine gentleman. Andrea assisted me in planning many aspects of my itinerary as there were certain special touches I desired in order to make the visit a memorable birthday for my wife. His every suggestion and attention to detail was impeccable.

The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood on the north of the Borghese Park. The location makes for an exceedlingly quiet stay and a true oasis after a hectic and noisy day/evening in the crowds of Rome. We are accustomed to walking and frankly enjoyed our strolls through the park as we came and went. A taxi is but a 1 minute wait when needed. Marta is happy to map out the shortcuts through the park if walking is preferred.

The interior is art-decco modern and a clear departure from chain hotels, as well as from the opulent over-upholstered interiors of other area hotels. The public areas are tastefully charming and our room, with a view and small balcony on the front, was exactly what we expected (and needed). The room was quite spacious and cooled/heated to our needs. Mini bar drinks (water, colas) are freely available and included in the room cost but my suggestion is to visit Gus in the downstairs bar for a quick chat and glass of wine. Except for breakfast, we did not dine in the hotel- and again thanks to Andrea- we were ushered to many of Rome's finer restaurants (and by all means take him up on his suggestions to eat in some of the nearby restaurants that are typically not visited by tourists). With only a small number of rooms (32?), guests have immediate access to hotel staff for questions, planning, etc. In addition, one rarely sees other guests (this despite being nearly full) and the entire feel is almost like staying in someone's villa.

Already we are discussing a return visit and look forward to seeing our friends at the Lord Byron once again. This was the perfect hotel visit for us and we can't imagine staying anywhere else in this wonderful city.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SSIHome
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I cannot say enough nice things about this lovely hotel in Rome! From the moment we arrived Andreas (spelling?) and the rest of the staff were so welcoming and friendly! we hope to visit again someday soon and stay with them again! Grazie!!!

1  Thank ShaunaS0877
Reviewed 30 April 2011

It was the firs time in my life when I relied on trip advisor reviews and was so much disappointed that I had to change hotel
I can't understand how people could rate this hotel as excellent. The hotel needs renovation, it seems like the owner is so keen of the history of his hotel since 1960s that he does't want to refurbish and renovate the rooms. But they are so old that I had allergy every time when I got in to room. So I would pay for it max 100 euro, not 350-500 as they want for it. The service yes it was immediate and professional, this was the only positive thing, but all the rest was very strange, no complimentary bathing amenities, complimentary breakfast included only jams, bread and pastry, all other things like omlette or eggs were a la carte and not cheap. So it was a bad experience and I won' t rate this hotel as 5 star or recommend it to my friends. May be older people would like this hotel willing to get back to 70s atmosphere, but for young people who are used to pay for luxury hotels and get luxury for their money this is not the right place.

13  Thank Polina28
Reviewed 17 April 2011

The Lord Byron Hotel is an excellent hotel. My wife and I stayed for a week during April so that we could have a look around Rome.

We received excellent service from all the staff throughout our stay. In particular, the concierge team were knowledgeable, very helpful and 'made things happen'. They seemed to have the knack of being able to anticipate our needs. The restaurants that were recommended were exactly what we were looking for and were also of very high standard. When I asked for tickets to see Lazio play (I asked on Sunday morning for the game the same day!) - they were naturally doubtful but delivered nonetheless. Brilliant !

The hotel is decorated in an art deco style, including the bedrooms. This makes the experience much more interesting than the usual bland/functional style adopted by the large chains.

The overall feel is one of calm and relaxation in, what can be, a very busy and energetic city.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Amedeo_Ottaviani, Proprietario at Hotel Lord Byron, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear Guests,
We thank you for your feedback and for your nice review. Our Head Concierge Mr. Andrea Lacetera and the entire staff are always at your complete disposal. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future! Best regards.

Reviewed 16 April 2011

We recently stayed four nights at the Lord Byron and I would definitely recommend it. We had a triple room and my mum a double room both which were a good size. There were toiletries and a free soft drinks mini bar included. At night the beds were turned down, slippers laid out for you and the electric shutters put down. The breakfast was adequate but lacked much choice. The staff could not have been more helpful, nothing was to much trouble. The hotel is a little way out of Rome, a taxi costing between 7-12 euros to the city. We had a private terrace off our room which was lovely to relax on in the evenings. The hotel was what a would call boutique style.

Room Tip: Eat at the nearby Trattoria