“Great hotel”
Review of Hotel Lord Byron

Hotel Lord Byron
Ranked #54 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 2 February 2009

Beautiful, cosy hotel. Very romantic, perfectly designed and very clean. I have visited lots of hotels - this one is an example of perfection.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Lord Byron

Reviewed 3 January 2009

I have stayed in a number of hotels throughout the European continent, and several in Italy. Many are charming and most attempt to be unique and present clients with a sense of quality service and attention. Very few actually are memorable or unique, and even fewer rise to the level of truly outstanding entities. The Lord Byron Hotel, however, is in a class by itself.
My first stay at the Lord Byron several years ago was as a result of a recommendation by a friend, and it was completely convincing and totally persuasive. The staff at this wonderful hotel received me as if I had stayed there many times before, saw to my every need, went beyond what was expected of them in providing excellent service, accepted me as one of their "international family," and made me feel as if I were staying with friends rather than with strangers in another country. That first visit was the beginning of a beautiful relationship I have been fortunate to enjoy for a number of years.
Every opportunity I have to return to Rome, there is one decision that never needs to be considered, and that decision is where I will stay. I cannot envision spending time in Rome and not staying at the Lord Byron. I have become friends with many of the staff, and each time I visit with them they seem to make certain my days with them are even more memorable than before.
The personal attention given to every detail of my visits is most impressive. It is as if each of the hotel employees takes great pride and pleasure in providing first-class, unsurpassed service to those of us fortunate to stay with them. And when I arrive at the Rome airport each time I visit, I find myself anxious to get to "my hotel" and see the fine staff members who have become close friends of mine over the years. Without fail, when I reach the Lord Byron, I find the friendly, courteous, professional, and well-informed staff members waiting for me to arrive at my "Home in Rome."
I would recommend this delightful hotel (in fact I have recommended it many times to friends and associates who have traveled to Rome) to anyone looking for the essence of quality in hotel stay. It is, without doubt, one of the very finest lodging establishments in all of Italy.

David Gregory
Atlanta, GA
USA

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2008

A very peaceful hotel in a lovely area.

Amazing service from the staff at this property: They are very kind, quick to smile or stop to chat a little and very discreet and polite.

I have not seen better service in quite some time.

Go!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I have stayed in this hotel twice (for business) and both times were just perfect.
The location is central, but quiet - just on the other side of Villa Borghese in the posh Parioli neighborhood. If you like to run in the morning, the park is perfect for that.
Each time, the room was spacious, well appointed and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was huge.
The bed is very comfortable and they have total blockout blinds for a very sound night's sleep (or afternoon nap!).
The staff has always been very curteous, professional and very helpful, even when I've arrived quite late in the evening.
Breakfast was good as was the internet connection. I even had some connection issues that were quickly resolved with a toll free phone call to the ISP. Overall, a great hotel to which I will keep returning.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2008

We spent a lot of time online looking for the "right" hotel for our first trip to Rome. We looked at all the usual suspects but each time kept returning to the Lord Byron's website. We love small, unique and special hotels and this one fit the bill dead on! We arrived late in the evening but had no trouble settling in immediately. We had a suite on the top (6th) floor with a separate sitting room, bedroom and wonderful bathroom (Note: The elevator only goes to the 5th floor and a flight of steps is required to reach the top/6th floor). The Art Deco is really well done and fully integrated in every aspect of the hotel's design as well as its furnishings and decorations. Even though it was October, it was still pretty warm and we appreciated the AC units in the bedroom and sitting room. In the cool mornings we opened up the big windows to let in the cool air and take in the beautiful views from all sides. The bed was very comfortable, even for someone well over 6'. The bathroom was all white marble and we appreciated having 2 sinks, a separate bathtub (in the same room with the sinks) and shower (in a separate room with the toilet/bidet). The water pressure in the shower was a bit weak but the water was warm and the view from the shower over the rooftops outside made up for that!

The public rooms/areas are all impecably kept and the staff is professional, courteous and helpful. The complementary breakfast was a welcome addition and, contrary to some of the reviews, we found it more than adquate to start the day!

The neighborhood where the hotel is located is beautiful and being so near the beautiful Borgese gardens, made for some wonderful walks. If you're a dog lover, there's a dog park at the end of the gardens which was always great fun in the evenings. Logistically, as some of the reviews note, the hotel is a bit of a hike from the core tourist areas; however, in our view, that's a benefit since being able to retreat to the quiet, calm beauty of the hotel in the evenings was a welcome event. We walked a few times into the core area and enjoyed the scenery along the way; however, we also did end up using taxi's to take us to the core and back a few times as well. That said, the distance, by cab, is very short and the fare was never over 10 euros (usually less). Bottom line: If you want to be in the thick of things then you'll probably want to stay closer to the core. If you do, however, you'll miss this gem and the beauty that surrounds it.

SPECIAL NOTICE goes to the incredible master barman in the hotel lounge! He really has style and makes the best negroni's I've ever had!

We can't wait to return!

P.S. To the hotel: Know all your guests and don't assume a room for 2 will always be occupied by a "Mr. and Mrs."

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WesternSkies
Reviewed 17 October 2008

This was the highlight of our trip to Italy from the first e-mail received from the Reservations Manager, Melita, who poetically made us want to stay at The Lord Byron in the beautiful city of Rome

A special thank you to Resident Manager, Marco, who so kindly helped me with our flights and e-mails and went out of his way to ensure our trip home was perfect.

The concierge, Andrea and Valerio , made us feel so welcome and organised our taxi's speedily and professionally. Taxi fare was cheap in comparison with Florence and the drivers are a source of information. Everything was easily reachable and we enjoyed staying a little out of the centre of Rome.

The Lord Byron is the cleanest hotel and their housekeepers deserve an accolade as it makes all the difference. Everything sparkles and gleams and smells fresh and pretty. It was surprising how dirty some of the 5-Star hotels in Europe are!

The Art Deco bedroom was a delight - large and airy with sumptious linen and a superb mattress. The marble bathrooms are large hollywood affairs with an array of toiletries.

The dining room is picture perfect and the food was delicious.

Everyone at this exclusive boutique hotel made us feel so welcome and the experience was unforgettable! The team are very special people and we feel blessed to have met them.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2008

My daughter and I wanted to spend four days in Rome at the end of a cruise. Our travel agent selected the Lord Byron Hotel . . . and it was superb. It is located in a gorgeous residential district near Villa Borghese. From the moment we stepped out of our car to the day we left , the service was wonderful. The hotel is small (30 rooms, I believe) and you are not just a face. Everyone, from the porter to the concierge, to the waiters remembered our names and went out of their way to make this first trip to Rome memorable. The decor is Art Deco, at its best. Our room was to die for. Spacious, clean, beautifully decorated , all marble bathroom, and my favorite - a lovely, quiet , private stone patio with beautiful surrounding landscape. The restaurant was so nice that we ate most of our dinners there. There is a quiet formality in this lovely hotel that feeds your soul.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family