“My home away from home is as wonderful as ever!”
Review of Hotel Lord Byron

Hotel Lord Byron
Ranked #53 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 20 April 2010

The Hotel Lord Byron has been my home away from home in Rome for many years. The staff are more like friends and family than hotel personnel. Such was the case once again on a recent trip in April. I felt it absolutely necessary to write another review simply to state that while the world-wide economic downturn has been difficult for all hotels internationally and has affected service in many, the Lord Byron's superb service has remained the same. It has not wavered in the least. My wife accompanied me on this trip and as always was made to feel as if the hotel was hers. If you have not tried the Lord Byron, you must!! It too will be your home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 February 2010

the staff were great, very attentive and kind, the hotel in itself was great.
I would suggest it for couples or for a single person who just wants peace, quiet and comfort while traveling.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2010

The boutique hotel was just fantastic. The room was great -- clean, comfortable and big (based on what I had expected from Rome hotels), deserving its branding as a five-star hotel. Didn't try the restaurant except for the breakfast, where the staff were warm and friendly. The best of all was the front desk. They helped me call for a cab because the location isn't close to the main street. I left my wallet in the taxi -- and guess what --Andrea at the front desk helped me locate the cab driver and I got it back!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ropavieja
Reviewed 20 January 2010

We stayed at new year`s eve. It is a wonderful hotel, the staff is marvelous and restaurant is perfect .
We felt at home.
Housekeeping is very efficient, turn down service is done 2 times per day.
Concierge is very helpful.
It is a little far from attractions but neighborhood is very calm.
Restaurant was flawless, good breakfast and dinner was superb.
Certainly we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2010

We stayed here back in October for our first trip to Rome for our 20 year wedding anniversay. The staff here made this the experience of our lifetime. I can not possibly agree with the traveler who says there is no concierge service. The head concierge Andrea is the absolute best. He arranged several tours for us that were private and guided. We skipped all the lines and had a fantastic walking guide who was extremely knowledgeable and fun (ask him to set you up with Georgea -- she's great and really a lot of fun). Andrea also made reservations for us in several local restaurants in the neighborhood that were charming and had amazing food -- really authentic -- and helped us avoid the tourist traps. It's true that it is a 20 -25 minute walk to the city, but it's a beautiful walk and this became one of the favorite parts of our day because it was both lovely and a good source of exercise with all the food we ate! The rooms are very nice -- we didn't see any maintenance problems in our rooms. It's true that the pillows are a little hard, but this was not an issue for me at all. I slept soundly every night. I thought that breakfast was very good for what we wanted -- the apricot croissants were out of this world -- the service was great. At the time we were there the restaurant was not open every night, but who cares? There were some really neat little local places within walking distance with great food and wonderful friendly people -- a true Italian experience. You can also have lunch, dinner or just drinks on the terrace at the large art museum just around the corner from the hotel...it's really nice and was open everyday that we stopped by...and later for drinks too.

The greatest part of this hotel is that you feel like family from the minute you get there. They can't do enough for you. I overslept from jetlag the first morning and they happily brought me coffee and croissants at just after 12 noon. Andrea helped us with everything we needed (as mentioned above) -- he went WAY above and beyond when he helped us reorganize a leg of our trip, which involved calling another small hotel for us and cancelling our reservation, then calling still another hotel to extend our stay by one night. We came back the last night so we would be close to the airport to catch our flight and got a really fair rate. Alessandro at the bar was another one of our favorite people! We would go to the bar to unwind everday at around 4-5pm and talk with him. He was so nice and friendly! Also, the young doorman with the dark hair (we didn't get his name unfortunately) was awesome. We also felt so safe because the front gate locks after a certain time and you can't get in without them checking you out and letting you in. My husband would go have a nightcap some nights and I would go to bed and just leave the door slightly ajar so he could get in (we didn't want to mess with two keys)...seems crazy but it's just that kind of place. Like I said, it's like home away from home.

The day we left it was so hard for us to say goodbye to Andrea and Alessandro -- they had become like friends -- my husband was especially crushed to leave. We have stayed in touch with them because we wanted to. I have recommended the hotel to friends and family because of the amazing people there.

We loved walking into Rome and spending the day...but it was so great everyday to know that we would walk back to our favorite spot.

If you want a big impersonal hotel in the middle of all the hustle and bustle, don't stay here. If you want a smaller and very personal experience with people who really look after you, you should stay here for sure. If you are trying to decide, feel free to email me!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2010

My husband and I were relieved when we arrived at the Hotel Lord Byron and saw what a great hotel we had picked. We arrived early, and they graciously allowed us to check in early so we could freshen up before hitting the streets of Rome. We booked a standard room, which was somewhat small, but not too bad. The bed was somewhat hard, as a few reviewers mentioned, but we barely noticed, as we were so tired after touring Rome, that it was easy to fall asleep. The location is about a 30-45 minute walk from many of Rome's attractions, but we enjoy walking and felt like we needed the extra exercise. The hotel itself is beautiful, and the service was definitely above any hotel I have ever stayed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay slightly out of the way of Rome's main streets. We chose this hotel after much research and were very happy with our decision!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2010

My husband and I loved the Lord Byron...we can see why it's a "Small Leading Hotel"...the decor is fab...the staff were so kind, helpful and knowledgeable! I read reviews regarding the location prior to going and I have to say I'm confused...sure...you're not going to walk outside the front door of the hotel into the Spanish Steps but who cares? It's super easy to get anywhere from there and very close to the gorgeous Borghese Gallery...the only negative I can share and it's important ...is that our bed was basically two twin beds pushed together and a sheet put over it...there was a dip in the beds and the bedding was horrible...there really wasn't any bedding...a top sheet and the pillows were like a piece of cardboard and about as thick....but having said that again...gorgeous little hotel, amazing staff, super clean, great food and we loved the location! Go and enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple