“Location Location Location”

Ranked #415 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
New York City, New York
“Location Location Location”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Hotel d'Inghilterra could not be better located for the visitor to Rome. It is mere blocks from the Spanish steps and situated amongst the finest shops in Rome. We walked everywhere from this hotel. Also there are not enough words to express my gratitude to the Front Desk staff, Massimo in particular. Unfortunately I was sick on my visit to Rome and they went above and beyond to accommodate this cranky ill traveler... I will definitely return to this hotel on my next visit to Rome.

Room Tip: go with a superior room which will provide you a little more floor space. Beds were extremely comfor...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tori975

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 30 June 2014

After having been twice at the "Grand hotel plaza"-which was great-we chosed this time for our staying in Rome the Hotel d Inghlterra!
Hotel d Inghilterra is very good located, near the "Spanish steps",a small.old fashioned hotel..
Our room was small,but very cosy,everything very clean!We slept very well in the big beds.
We were wellcomed with a bottle of wine and a plate with good fruits!
Breakfast was excellent;we had it outside,watching Roman life!
The conciergeteam,the breakfastteam,the carriers,the waiters very friendly and helped in every situation;only the chambermaids were a little bit unfriendly!
We enjoyed our staying in "Hotel d Inghilterra very much

Room Tip: I think it must be at least a superior room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Not only does the Hotel d'Inghilterra have the best location in Rome it also has the best concierge in Rome. Massimo Mazzola, the Hotel's Head Concierge, is invested in ensuring that every guest has a memorable experience both at the Hotel and with their excursions, tours, dinners, taxi rides, etc. From the moment I checked in Massimo could not do enough for me. He is truly a gem. The Assistant General Manager, Valentina, is also fabulous. She went above and beyond to make my stay perfect. The entire staff is friendly, welcoming and service oriented. I felt extremely "taken care of" and I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone staying in Rome.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michelina N
Yanbu
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in the hotel from 20th of June to the 23rd , room was very small, noisy hotel, misquote and I regret my staying at that hotel it doesn't worth the amount of money I paid ($1690)although it was 5 star hotel. The support is nil I was calling for an adaptor for two days and no one could help me out until I myself went to the front desk to ask for it . The only good thing about it is the location no more no less. I don't recommend the hotel

Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Dossary2014
Manhasset, NY
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is beautifully appointed and the service is excellent. This great location is just a few blocks from The Spanish Steps. Their Head Concierge, Massimo, helped us with everything from tour guides, car services, and night club recommendations. Every recommendation was perfect. Their breakfast has a wide array of choices; from eggs and sausages (favorite), to fruit and yogurt, to a selection of pastries. We had dinner at the restaurant several times and the food was excellent as well. You can choose to dine inside or outside. This is an old hotel, so the elevator is small and slow. I have already recommended this hotel to a friend and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HoteldInghilterra, Direttore at Hotel d'Inghilterra, responded to this review, 7 November 2015
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for posting this very kind review. We are all happy to read that you enjoyed our service, location and decoration and our staff overall, .

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future.

Yours sincerely

Massimo Colli
Hotel Manager
Toronto
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel offers well-furnished, comfortable rooms and very courteous, attentive levels of service throughout. The front desk staff were very attentive, efficient and personable. Breakfast in the dining room offers a very good selection and the street side patio is nicely appointed. Located less than five minutes from the Spanish Steps, the hotel is close to numerous good restaurants and in the middle of many high-end stores. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Hotel d'inghilterra and we'll certainly stay there on our next visit to Rome.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
new york
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Located on a quiet street off a main shopping street at the bottom of the Spanish steps is the best hotel in Rome. They have amazing service and fabulous dining, truly a wonderful welcoming experience. They helped us with our excursions within the city and to Ostia and even helped with arranging for car service for my daughter to get to school as the hotel was far from her school. I look forward to staying again

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool but I didnt want to list anything as terrible and it wouldnt let me leave...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family