“Beautiful hotel, full of character”

Sina Bernini Bristol
Ranked #293 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel was luxurious and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful, their English was outstanding as my Italian is poor!
We only ate breakfast once which I felt was overpriced and no better than a motorway service area in England although the restaurant did have linen tablecloths!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The staff was less than helpful and willing when I stayed there. Mind you, I spent well over $500 per night for the 2 nights I was there and did not receive the things I was suppose to- Champagne and fresh fruits. The breakfast was barely edible and just mostly...the staff was blah. Location OK but there was construction around the fountain.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan c
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I just came back from a visit to the good old Bernini, the hotel is old and dated however its still charming to experience. Hotel staff are not the best in the hospitality game which I think it's due to them not having to work hard for filling the hotel especially with its central location (they do come off as rude sometimes). All in all I would say stay here for a short trip to rome as its as central as you can get, I'm not sure if I would give them a five star rating in neither service or facilities. But a good base for first time visiting rome.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I should first say I was exteramly impressed with the hotel. While I was there I had a problem with out tv, after informing the front dest they sent a someone up to me room immediately to sort the problem. They were friendly and very helpful.
Later on out first day there we came back to our room to find it flooded, we called the reception and they had someone up to our room to fix the problem within minutes, unfortunately the air conditioner had blown up and could not be fixed, the concierge had us moved rooms. The room we were place in was a much better room with a larger bathroom and entrance hall. The staff were incredibly apologetic about everything.
Overall I was very pleased with the hotel, the staff were kind and welcoming, the rooms were beautiful and immaculate and even though there were issues they were handled quickly and efficiently.
I would recommend the Bernini Bristol to anyone looking for a central hotel in Rome and I would definatly stay there myself on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chloe D
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our family had two adjoining rooms that were beautiful, spotless and had spectacular views of the plaza. The fountain was being repaired, but the view was still spectacular. We had cocktails on the roof after a long day of site-seeing and were stunned at how beautiful the view was of the entire city. Fabrizio arranged a table for 8pm dinner, and our teenage daughter's thought
the evening was simply dream like. The service was friendly and accommodating, and the food was typical of what one expects when eating in Rome - perfect. Dining on the roof is a elegant affair and everyone was dressed accordingly.

The location is excellent and the staff was very helpful and professional.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing the plaza in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Sadly this recently renovated hotel still needs reconstruction. The location is ok but the setting is not. The lobby and rooms were decorated in vintage "tacky" and the water systems were not updated. We had three rooms and all were less than impressive. Two of our rooms were suites which did provide a lot of space but it did not make up for the deficiencies of service and style.

Service is in need of a major upgrade. They just don't understand how to please though I think a few of them really want to offer a high level of service. Staffing is lean too. It takes a long time for room service. We had several issues which required us to go down to the front desk because they didn't answer when you called. The concierge has no idea what he is doing or is just a bad communicator. Simple requests stumped him and he was often "on break" with no back-up. We just stopped asking.

Other "Amenities": The health club is very dated and totally insufficient. The basement spa is a molded hot tub staffed/dressed by someone who looked like he was just off the street. The included breakfast is really awful with bad juice, stale pastries and canned fruit. Even the eggs were cold. This was a big surprise because they have a top-rated roof-top restaurant . Go figure?

Lastly, we even had security issues as a neighboring room tenant opened the connecting door to one of our suites and walked in half naked and rather inebriated. Hotel staff seemed baffled by the whole thing and remarked that they were sorry but not sure what they could do. I fianlly lead them to the room to make sure that door was locked and secure.

There are so many options in Rome that you should consider first. Hopefull The Bristol can improve and once again be a better than average hotel.

Room Tip: Suites are much better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Travelgavel77
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was with a party of 30+ and we've had our business conference there in July.
We've ate at the restaurant on the rooftop, the food is out of this planet!
The waiters and waitress were kind and helpful, the drinks kept coming and the food portions were big enough even for a "buona for beta" like me !
It might be a bit pricey but hey: I didn't pay a penny :)

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business