“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #784 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

excellent hotel, staff was very friendly and the room was clean and comfy.I stayed there for 4 days and i would stayed again.the rooms was at the 3rd floor and the hotel is very close to the sights of Rome. also it has an very good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Toni_rules
Angela3699, Responsabile reception at Hotel Nizza, responded to this review, 22 November 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for your stay in Hotel Nizza and thank you for you positive comments.
We hope to accommodate you again, that would be a pleasure for us.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Serbian first
Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Bathrooms were small. Staff weren't helpful and ignored me at times when I went down to the desk to ask about something. Wifi was poor - had heaps of trouble logging in and it didn't work in our rooms - we had to use if in the lobby area. Don't get the Americano breakfast - that was the weirdest tasting version of eggs and bacon I have ever had. Otherwise rooms were good and clean. This hotel has a great location close to termini (the central station).

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Erin_Brin
Dear Guest,
we are sorry tath your stay wasn't pleasant.
For the wifi normally it works well maybe technical problems occurred during your stay.
We do our best to fix problems.

Best regards

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Island of Malta, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

The perfect hotel for a holiday in Rome!
Rome is my favorite place on earth. I've been to Rome 10 times, and I'm going there again next September. I've never stayed at Hotel Nizza except for last Summer, and I loved it! It has airconditioning, and that's the most thing I look for in a hotel during Summer! Apart from that, the room is not small, so it was perfect for us... the bathroom's ok as well... really clean and tidy!
What I loved most about this hotel is the great staff. They are all really nice and became our friends, especially the receptionists. They serve you with a smile and something else which is really positive is the fact that they speak English so it's easy to communicate when needed. Breakfast is really good as well!
Another thing is that it's located just a few seconds away (literally) from Termini, the central station in Rome, so it's easy to go anywhere on time... whether it's a bus, metro or train!
I'm looking forward to come again in September :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
we are very glad that your stay at Hotel Nizza was pleasant!
Thank you for your comment.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards.
Edinburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Location is good but the staff are very rude and uninterested. There are so many hotels at a similar price and location that offer a lot better standard of rooms and service. The room was clean but the shower was broken. Not a good experience and would not return or recommend at all.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank spencer1988e
Theodora38, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Nizza, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that your stay at our hotel didn’t meet your expectations. Most of all we would like to apologize for the behaviour of our staff, which really seems awkward, since it’s not common that clients complain about rudeness of our staff. Regarding the broken shower, it’s true that we were still adjusting some bathrooms, which now have been repaired and are in good condition. Kind regards
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Was dreading it with previous reviews but was pleasantly surprised. Room was huge with comfy bed and was spotlessly clean. Bathroom looked fairly new and was also very clean and quite luxurious. Plenty of hot water and lovely shower. Ive stayed in grotholes and ive stayed in luxury hotels. This was brilliant for the money. Its in a neighbourhood full of restaurants and two mins from the station. All the main tourist attractions are easily walkable. Breakfast was really good compared to the local cafe we tried the first day opposite the opera house (advertised american breakfast €7 - just dont!) it had fresh pastries, lovely coffee, ham, cheese, toast all for €6. The only down side (and im picking really) was the staff weren't exactly rushing to help you. A bit standoffish but i think thats a big city thing. Overalll was a brilliant stay. Would definitely go back

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Weenie16
rome
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

They claimed I took a beer from the minibar. I did not. Scam or mistake? I don't know. I walked away without paying for it, over their objections. If you stay here, ask to see your room first and take a picture of the minibar with them watching.

Amazingly, that wasn't even the worst problem. I arrived around 11 am, sleep deprived, needing to sleep badly. I asked if they had a room available and they said yes but it had to be cleaned first and it would take one hour. I agreed, I thought that I had lucked out on finding such a good deal. I asked can I pay when I come back in an hour. No go, pay now. The receptionist told me that I could leave bag in the unlocked luggage room with the other two travelers. OK, great.

I explored around and came back no less than two hours later. I the asked the receptionist if the room was ready. Nope, still being cleaned. Yeah, it doesn't take that long to clean a room, but OK, I guess I'm not a priority. Wait in the lobby, it will be ready in 5 minutes, she said. It was at least 20 minutes before it was ready.

Learn from my experience. What should have been a memory of perfect trip to Rome is now overwhelmed by what will become a long term memory of a bad hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank milkmann536
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

My Overall Rating is based on comparable 3 star hotels in Rome - I am not comparing it to the Hilton!
Pluses: Good proximity to Termini, the main train and bus station. Lots of cheap restaurants nearby. Decent breakfast. Helpful front desk with good English skills. Nice sitting area, lounge/bar adjacent to the lobby. Rooms adequately furnished. Rooms have a fridge, hundreds of TV channels (but few in English) and tea-making facilities. Reasonable prices for the quality of the hotel.
Minuses: Area around train station is not exactly the high rent district. Hotel is a little "worn" - some repairs look like they were completed by someone totally unskilled in carpentry. But they are making some improvements - a new elevator was being installed when I was there.
Overall, for the money, a good hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street get a little more noise.