“The heart of Rome”

Ranked #283 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Maribor, Slovenia
“The heart of Rome”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great hotel in a prestigious street, professional staff... close to Hard rock Rome, close to spanish steps... recomend this hotel to everyone. I could park my car infrot of the hotel for free, rarely seen in Rome.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ikar I
M_Morra , Public Relations Manager at Ambasciatori Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Ikar,
I’m really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ambasciatori Palace, in particular that you appreciated so much our strategic location.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
M. Morra Communication & Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Tea Gardens
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We arrived mid-morning expecting to have to wait until after lunch before we were allocated a room - we had a hire car so planned on leaving our baggage, take the car back, then have a wander back to the Hotel after lunch. However, surprise - a room was found to be available, so we were checked in and shown to our room. Coming down to the foyer, Enzo queried about knowing the directions to the Hire Car Depot - apparently some of the GPS's dont take this into account. This made things a breeze. Everything about this Hotel was extremely pleasant & it was a joy to return to. We experienced some extremely cold, wet weather during our stay, so a warming coffee/drink was very welcoming, served by some friendly staff. To be recommended as ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tea Gardens, thank you for your great review of our hotel!
We work really hard to offer the best hospitality to all our guests and I’m glad to see those efforts pay off on your last stay.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
M. Morra Communication & Marketing Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We were met by Ricardo who welcomed us, took our car, and put our bags in our room. I had a great room by my associates was so-so. Breakfast on a balcony over looking the street. Small gym, no pool; but there for business. Great location. Passed the forum and coliseum on my run. I enjoyed the stay.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Pjoepondo, thank you for your review. I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Ambasciatori Palace journey, feedback like yours has been precious to our work and to encourage our staff doing their best every day. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
M. Morra Communication& Marketing Manager
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

From the moment we checked in...smooth sailing all the way. The enthusiasm of the staff and their incredible English skills, made check in a breeze. Enzo the concierge was awesome in suggestions and accommodations for our days in Rome. Special requests didn't faze him, in fact he relished the chance to please. A real credit to the Hotel. Breakfast was always well prepared and hot. The room clean and cleaned perfectly. The area could not be more perfect. Close enough to everything and still quiet an quaint. Across the street from the American Embassy, it is perfect. At every turn and trial they more than rose to the occasion. We will be back to Rome and the Ambasciatori is where we will be staying.

Room Tip: Remodeled rooms on the 5th floor and above are wonderful
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
M_Morra , Communication & Marketing Manager at Ambasciatori Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Anton10or,
thank you so much!! I was so happy to read your review and I will obviously pass on your words of praise to Mr. Enzo the concierge and all the staff.
We wait for you here again,
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I don't see any way you could complain about this beautiful hotel!

The room we stayed in was completely over-the-top, a suite with a beautiful sitting room that could accommodate 10, Without a doubt one of the more comfortable beds I've ever slept in Europe, and the Marble bathroom was stunning.

The room's balcony overlooking the American Embassy is very cool!

The rooms each had chandeliers that were beautiful, fantastic wall sconces, and beautiful original Oil paintings.

New towels were delivered every time we left the room after using them, and the towels were soft and big.

We found out the Rolling Stones were playing here coincidently on our trip, and the concierge tried very hard to help us get tickets.

The gentleman who checked us in was absolutely wonderful and accommodating.

The free breakfast was good, and eating on the terrace outside is fantastic!

There is no doubt that this will be the hotel we will return to when we come back to Rome.

The 415-416 suite is worth asking for!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nicholas N,
I really appreciate your feedback. I was happy to hear that you were impressed with the room, staff, location, view and food. I will obviously pass on your words of praise to our concierge and reception crew, that are a true asset for the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back,
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here 2 nights after a windstar pride cruise. The room was on 3rd floor 316 with side balcony window and was very large but lacked furniture and it had a large full bathroom with separate shower and tub. The shower looked dated and needed new shower head as it didn't work well. It had a typical expensive mini fridge which I stocked with a few items from local shops for my evening relax. Location wise it was excellent. Only a few minutes walk to the Spanish steps. Close to main train station or subway. I walked the entire city over the two days and got almost everywhere on foot. Staff were friendly whom I interacted with.
The breakfast included was great. Lots of selection. Always grabbed piece of fruit and bread as a snack for my day outing. If you like to walk then this location is great home base. I had a shuttle included to airport but you have options of public transit ,taxi, or advertised cars which were about 50 euro one way. I don't know the hotel rates as mine was provided by cruise line. All in all I was only in my room for sleep after a long day touring and it did the job, location was perfect for me. I would stay here again if was going to Rome.

Room Tip: Room was on side 316 and air cond was good and quiet room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
M_Morra , Communication & Marketing manager at Ambasciatori Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear fireguy9,
thank you for your review.
I was happy to hear you enjoyed the central location of our hotel, the breakfast and the nice staff manners. I’m sorry for the shower... if there had been the possibility to share your suggestions during your stay, please be assured that we would have been delighted to find a solution.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon...
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed in May 2014 with my 4 friends in this hotel. We had one double room and a triple room. The triple room was a suit with a balcony and nice view, also a large bedroom. The only downside was that the 3rd bed was actually a couch which was not very comfortable. But this can be put up with in a short trip like ours. Normal beds are comfortable.

Rooms are large, they were cleaned every day. Housekeeping staff were very friendly.

Hotel is located in a central yet silent street, Via Veneto. You can easily walk to most of the sightseeing places and the train station is very close to get to Vatican. I would recommend this hotel to ones who want a hotel in city center and a quiet location (I am pretty sensitive on noise).

Hotel staff was friendly, they were very helpful.

Breakfast was one of the best ones I have seen in Europe (compared to a Turkish breakfast). There is a wide variety of choices for everyone. Only downside was that the breakfast room can be completely full if cruise groups are in the hotel. But that is only a problem if you are a large group like us who want to sit together.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and stay there again if I go to Rome again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yasemin V
Dear Yasemin,
thank you!! I’m very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Ambasciatori Palace hotel in particular that you were impressed with the staff. I will obviously pass on your words of praise to all the staff, the true asset of the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back!