“Re visiting the Barocco”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Barocco Hotel

Barocco Hotel
Ranked #17 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Tel Aviv,Israel
“Re visiting the Barocco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

in this day and age you sometimes feel that the personal touch is gone
You do not know your mailman or groccer and you definitly do not expect to
Be recognized by the lady at breakfast saying "Hi I remember you , how are you
Do you still drink two espresso's at breakfast , She even want to the trouble of making my
Wife a special drink when her throat was sore.
For me this is truly a sign of a great hotel , I could mention the great location
Between the trevi fountain and the spanish steps , the very nice rooms
And the superb beds ( I suffer from a very bad back ).
But for me its the personal service , knowing that people care for me and are truly happy to
See me again in the Barocco hotel .

Room Tip: We had a great room facing the side street , with a very large bathroom and a bath tub that accomoda...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Thomasville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Our family of 5 spent Dec 23-25, 2012 at Barocco Hotel in Rome and cannot say enough about our special visit! Starting with a delicious breakfast buffet and surprised that a cook to order menu was available--my husband was thrilled! What a way to start a day of spending a day packed with history and Christmas shopping! Our rooms were lovely and the staff ready to help with the least to the greatest of requests! The morning of our departure--CHRISTMAS DAY-- they opened the breakfast area to accommodate our timing--too kind!! Many thanks and we all hope to return soon!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AMHancock
Algarve, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

I stayed six nights in the hotel Barocco with my Family and I have to say thank you to all the Staff. We had a wonderfull time. Everything went as we expected,we had a great time in Rome thanks to the Hotel and to the Staff. Very Central, we could explore most of Rome walking and enjoying the city, Cosy Clean and confortable, after a long day exploring the city it was a wonderfull feeling to come home and fell well and wellcome. Competent anything we needed the Staff was allways there for us with a smile . Great Breakfast, very cosy Rooms, nice bathrooms, eveything very clean and very helpfull Staff. *****
I Can recomend this hotel to everyone who likes to be in an Hotel but also like to fell at home and be a person and not just a nummer in a foreign city.
Thanks again to everyone in the Hotel.

Room Tip: superior Rooms wonderfull, Rooms to the via della Purificazione are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jose N
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

Great location . Close to everything. Wonderful staff and service. I will stay again in this hotel. I recommend it to everyone. The breakfast wad superb . This is a very cozy place. It is worth every penny. Close to Vatican City and trevi fountain. Close to Spanish steps. The pantheon is nearby. You can walk to eveerywhere from this hotel. This old building was well kept and maintained through out. The staff are always welcoming and eager to help.

• Stayed December 2012
Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

The hotel is in a fantastic location within easy reach of all the major attractions by foot, Metro or bus. We found the staff extremely helpful with where to go and how to get there. Fabio N went the extra mile and arranged a bottle of bubbly in our room for my birthday and booked a special meal, arranging that the restaurant gave us bubbly to start the meal and a Roman candle firework in a cake to finish.
The breakfasts were extensive, with cereals, fruits, cheeses and meats. They also make eggs and toast to order so they are always fresh.
The hotel made my birthday treat a very special occasion, Thank You!

Room Tip: We had room 41, one of the few rooms to have a balcony.
1 Thank ChesterWP
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

Reaaly good choice if you want to spent a romantic weekend with your grilfriend. My room was a little bit small but quite nice, very clean and equipped with a confortable bathroom. The staff is quite kind and they are always available to help you. The location is great, I've been able to walk to every "must" in Rome.
If I had to say something bad about the hotel, I will say that some times it gets a bit noisy. I was in the 4th floor and I was able to hear some noise from the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible!
Pittsburg, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

There is no hotel in Rome that comes close to the charm, service and quality of the Hotel Barocco. The rooms are wonderful, the service impeccable, the food amazing and the location to all you want to see or do in Rome is PERFECT! Stay here for sure! They will treat you like family and make your stay in Rome the highlight of your life! They go out of their way to make sure your stay in Rome is the experience of a lifetime, and the breakfast, the breakfast is out of this world! Run, don't walk, to the Hotel Barocco! The value and hospitality can't be beat. In my opinion the Hotel Barocco is World Class and we will definitely be their guest again and again!

Ronald Vincent