“I'll Be Back!”

Ranked #18 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Brooklyn, New York
“I'll Be Back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband, teenage son and I just returned from a 5-night stay.

Staff - What continues to stand out in my mind is the amazing staff - they were pleasant, courteous, helpful, quick to smile, and always professional. Thank you!!

Room - We stayed in a junior suite overlooking Piazza Barberini, which was clean, nicely appointed and very comfortable. The beds were also very comfortable. Our room was on a low floor overlooking the busy piazza, which made opening the window at night problematic. Fortunately, we always travel with ear plugs. The double windows when closed though did an amazing job in filtering out the noise.

Location - The hotel is centrally located, and within walking distance to many major sights. There is a Metro station and Taxi stand about a 1 minute walk away. The Metro system was easy enough to use (We purchased a Roma Pass online.). There are many eateries nearby, a lot of them filled with tourists, but understandable since we were there during the holidays.

Breakfast - I could not believe the variety that was offered to us each morning. In addition to 3-4 cereals, 4 yogurt flavors, 3-4 types of pastries, fresh baked loaf of bread, 6 jams, 5-6 types of rolls, fresh and canned fruits, 3-4 types of salami, 3 types of cheese, grilled eggplant, artichokes, 3 juices, you can get made-to-order eggs! Again the staff was amazing!

General - While this hotel is small (boutique hotel), it is very comfortable and cozy. There is no lobby or fitness room. We didn't need a fitness room in Rome, because we knew we would do a lot walking. One evening we sat in the bar room, which was very nice. The fruit basket, fresh flowers, bottled water upon arrival, complimentary drink at the bar, along with the evening turn-down service were thoughtful touches.

Restaurants - Tullio was close to the hotel and on the expensive side, but the food was delicious, especially the grilled steak and fish. We did "take away" one evening at Pizzeria Marco, also close to the hotel. The pasta and bread were really good, and the pizza was ok. I really wanted to try Colline Emiliane, but they were closed for the holidays. Our favorite restaurant turned out to be Edy, which is about a 7-minute walk past the Spanish Steps. Order their Tortellini in Brodo, which they're known for. Also, they have a selection of roasted meats (beef, suckling pig, lamb), which are served with roasted potatoes - yum!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, as it met all of my requirements to have an overall great vacation. The crowds in and around the sights due to the holidays were outside of my comfort zone, however, so I will make a point to return at an off-peak time.

Thank you Barocco Hotel for your services and hospitality!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank bcm64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Rehovot, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

A three nights at this wonderful hotel were great
the staff was very welcoming nice and knowledgeable
the rooms are very clean and our room was even cleaned twice a day
a very recommended hotel located right at the center of Rome every thing is within walking distance

3 Thank Ilan A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a few days and then the St. Regis after that. The room at the St. Regis was larger. But other than that we like everything about this hotel more. The service was fantastic and really took care of us and was very warm. The room had all the amenities we needed like robes and slippers and high-quality body wash and shampoo. The free breakfast had a nice omelette selection made fresh and the cappuccino was fantastic. The location could not be any better. In a very private place yet very close to all the major sites for walking and also a nice short walk to a nearby subway. All in all this hotel exceeded my expectations.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Srs144a
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Our 4 night stay at this small boutique Hotel was, from beginning to end, a terrific experience. It is rated a 4 star hotel (perhaps because it has a very small lobby, and not quite the amenities of a 5 star hotel), but in all respects, it acted like a 5 star hotel.

Where to begin- the room, although a bit small, was very nicely appointed and well organized, the bathroom was elegant and spacious, the bed was very comfortable, and there were always small extras that made each return to it, special- a fruit basket upon arrival, bed turn downs, and a small dish of pastries with a good bye note for our last night. And everything was super clean, too.

The staff- exceptional- 6 star, from beginning to end- from desk staff to breakfast staff to everyone else- always friendly, always helpful and always going the extra mile. For example- at our last breakfast, when my wife ordered cappuccino, they delivered it with a heart and smiley face made of foam, on it- a small gesture but the sort of extra effort that makes a meal memorable.

The breakfast buffet- my wife and I are regular travelers around the world for 30 years and simply put, the Hotel's breakfast experience was literally the best we've ever had- and it was included in our price. The buffet was very wide ranging, and you also got to order egg dishes (including omelet choices) and coffee variations from a menu, as part of the buffet. The breakfast space was was very welcoming, the wait staff so friendly, and the place settings on the tables, elegant and beautiful- what a great way to start every day.

Location- excellent- near the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps, and the Metro. And by the way, they offered (and did for us) arrange a taxi to pick us up at the airport, to bring us to the hotel, too.

In case you think I am going too overboard, to be fair, let me state 3 small criticisms- in part because of its location, some of the rooms might be a bit noisy (ours was not though), there is only 1 elevator, and when crowded, this might create some log jams, and because of the room size, there was no small couch or chair to sit and read (so I used our very spacious and comfortable bed to do so). That's it though.

Would we go back- 100% yes, with great enthusiasm! We went off season (right before Christmas) so I do not know if anything would be different at peak times, but from reading other reviews, I believe not.

Thank you Hotel Barocco.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front entrance (like ours)- probably quieter than those facing the piazza.
2 Thank CurtM
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

My girlfriend & I came to Rome for a marriage proposal vacation and chose hotel Barocco after a long consideration.

The stay was absolutely wonderful. The staff was amazing, helped us with anything - from choosing a restaurant to leave surprises in our room for the special event.

the hotel location is great, and the room itself was much more than we expected.
the beds were comfort, even the bath was enjoyable.

I recommend staying at Hotel Barocco for everyone who come to Rome, no doubt.

2 Thank Lior2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I went to the hotel because my uncle was visiting Rome and he wanted me to visit him and my aunt. So I only stayed one night with my chihuahua. All I can say is I loved it. The staff was very nice when I arrived with my chihuahua and even offered to surprise my aunt and uncle of my arrival, which I ruined because I already told them I was there. My room was charming and cozy. I stayed in the single bed room and loved it, I wish I could have stayed more. Other thing I absolutely loved was my mini panettone and a plate of fruits they left with a greeting card from the managers of the hotel saying marry Christmas! What a detail! Also, the robe and the sleepers were great, I just loved everything about it.

The bathroom was so clean and beautiful.. I strongly recommend this hotel... Amazing hotel.

Congratulations to the staff for their job!

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Jade P
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a very nice small hotel in a perfect location to visit Rome. The subway station is just next door. The people at the hotel are extremely friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is very good in a nice dinning room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business