“Excellent Choice of Hotel”
Review of Barocco Hotel

Barocco Hotel
Ranked #16 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel for my Wife's Birthday, Feb 6th to 10th. We had an excellent first class service. Great value breakfasts and an excellent location to explore central Rome. The hotel also gave us a lovely bottle of Prosecco for my Wife's birthday.

Room Tip: Rooms might be quieter on the side but smaller.
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Loved every minute of it. made to feel welcome from the start and was a great place to explore the city from. room was spacious and very clean with a huge bed. got upgraded as there was football fans staying on the same floor as me, although I didn't hear a thing all night.
Thanks to everyone at the Barocco!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexis L
Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is "4 star" hotel that's definitely worthy of 5 stars. The room was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was great. Everything was within walking distance. My wife and I were there for Valentine's Day. After a long day of touring the city, we returned to find a handmade Valentine on our bed from the hotel staff. We also received a nice hand written note our last night. Hotel Barocco is a comfortable, classy and convenient hotel. We will stay there again when we return to Rome.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

A long weekend break to watch the rugby and sightsee. Hotel was excellent value for money, of a high standard in every department and with the most helpful and friendly staff you could ask for. Great location. Thank you very much to everyone that we met.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a balcony. Breakfast is excellent.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hotel is a perfect location for anyone on a city break and wanting to sight-see. The room I had was of adequate size for one however it might be considered to bit too small by those sharing. It is worth remembering however that continental rooms tend to be on the smaller side and this would be bigger than a continental norm!

A wardrobe and safe were provided and the bathroom was classy with luxurious toiletries. The shower water was warm at all times and had perfect water pressure.

The hotel offers 'english' tv channels but I found them to be American and British News Channels. They were still appreciated and welcome though!

The breakfast was filling and delicious. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. They provided me with information and maps on what to see and the girl at breakfast remembered I liked tea with milk! The cleaning staff were polite and had no problem waiting an extra 10 minutes while I packed my bag for another bit of sight seeing!

The only problem I had with this hotel was the heat and the wifi. The wifi didn't work during my stay but as I didn't require it urgently or consistently, I found my own mobile roaming plan to be adequate and easier to use. If however you require wifi, I would be reluctant to recommend this hotel due to my own experience.

I also found the temperature in the room and hotel to be like a sauna. I was told that this was due to the unseasonably warm weather and that they had a policy not to turn on the air conditioning until April. To overcome the heat, I had to leave the window in my room open when in it. Again, the noise from the street coming in the open window didn't bother me but for light sleepers and others, traffic could be heard and it may be a problem.

The car transfer to the airport was also comfortable and arrived on time. While the taxi went from across the street, I felt the difference in price was minimal and well worth it to be picked up from outside the hotel - especially given the rain/drizzle on my leaving! For those with excess luggage or more than one person, the transfer price includes all passengers and all luggage - no excess for them.

If you have children, it might be worth asking for the windows to be locked. When opened, both sides of the window open and a small child may risk falling out as there is nothing blocking them. Again however, this did not apply to my stay but is worth noting for anyone travelling with small kids.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay in Rome and despite the wifi and heat, I liked this hotel. It is classy, luxurious and the staff go over and above to provide a warm and relaxing experience for their guests. They provided access to a computer and printer to print out a boarding pass and have perfect english.

Room Tip: I had a room on a top floor with no balcony which made it safer for leaving a window open when in th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank echobravo2013
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

After a lot of looking on the internet Hotel Barocco always kept coming up as one of the best so we chose it and booked to stay there for our Honeymon stay to Rome. Well I wouldnt say its one of the best but probably the best. The staff are so friendly and accomodating, they even arrange to pick us up from the airport as this was our first time to Rome so we werent sure where we were going.
Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff and our bags were looked after so we could immediately go exploring the wonderful city. When we returned later that day our bags were already in our room, which was stunning and overlooked the gorgeous Piazza.
Breakfast in Hotel Barocco has everything you need and more and was a real pleasure to enjoy each morning, again along with the friendliness of the staff.
We had such a fabulous time in Rome, which was made so much better by this superb hotel and we definitely intend to return. Nothing is too much trouble for them and I would say this is the best Hotel and City we have visited and I am so glad we chose it for our Honeymoon. If you want a great Hotel within walking distance of all the sites then you have a real gem in this one.
Thanks Hotel Barocco