“Superb Hotel!”
Review of Barocco Hotel

Barocco Hotel
Ranked #17 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our family thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Barocco. The concergiege was very helpful before we arrived with information, reservations and tickets. We were warmly welcomed when we arrived. The rooms were clean, beautifully appointed, and comfortable. My husband and I had a lovely view of the square and Bernini fountain. There was a delicious dish of fruit one day, an Easter bread another day (lovely presentation), and a bottle of Prosecco with a note for my husband on his birthday! We enjoyed toasting in one of the hotels living rooms with our older children at the end of the day. The breakfast was excellent. The menu offers a selection of eggs, and the buffet was filled with fresh and dried fruits, meats, fish, vegetables, pastries...all fresh and bountiful. Everyone at the hotel is professional and courteous, without being pretentious. This is a lovely hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol514
Write a ReviewReviews (3,055)

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and loved it.
Best customer service
Amazing breakfast buffet
Sweet fruit bowl on arrival and lovely handwritten note and biscuits the night before we left

Would definitely come back :-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brooke G
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Barocco Hotel was just perfect. The location was excellent with bars and restaurants very close by. The staff could not have been more helpful. The restaurants they recommended were all excellent and not too expensive.
The room was cosy with a four poster bed but the bathroom was a great size with a bath.
Breakfast was plentiful with a very good choice.
It really was a fabulous hotel and somewhere we would return to.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leighfheap
Reviewed 21 May 2014

What a wonderful stay! I found this hidden gem on expedia and it was better than I could've ever hoped for. The staff was beyond welcoming and courteous. Tey helped point out everything on maps for me (I was traveling alone) and I felt better knowing where I was going. You are within walking distance of the beautiful Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. Very central, safe neighborhood. Lots to see. The continental breakfast was something to rave about- I'm still having dreams of those pastries and they have a little bar should you need a Bellini. The rooms all have sky TV so you can watch tv in English and all the staff speaks English. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. This is the only way to go!

1  Thank Superbeth226
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel was excellent for touring Rome, we were able to walk or catch the Metro everywhere. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was amazing. The only small negative was the size of the bedroom but we did have a very comfortable king size bed and the bathroom was a good size. I would definitely recommend

1  Thank unforgettable2013
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for four nights this month. We found the staff and the location to be superb. The hotel is a short walk to spanish steps trevi fountain and the corso for shopping. Excellent choice of restaurants close by. Definetly would stay there again. Rooms are a bit small but nicely appointed. Great boutique hotel. Tony and Lynn syracuse ny

1  Thank Nigeloni
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

It's all the extra touches that makes this hotel such a treat. Upon arrival you are personally escorted to your room, luggage to follow delivered by porter. Robes and a flower waiting on the beds, we had a premium double room and the beds were so comfortable, I slept soundly. There was a bowl of fruit in the room compliments of the hotel with lots of variety. The shower was great with a huge shower head, best shower! Great location, a short taxi ride from the main train station, fare was around 10 euro. Right across the road is a hop on hop off tour bus stop and several metro stations and bus stops are right around the corner, lots of cafés and restaurants and shops nearby. Walking distance to the trevi fountain and the Spanish steps. An excellent location for sightseeing. The hotel does an amazing breakfast with a fantastic variety and you can order eggs or Omelets made to order and there is a huge buffet selection to help yourself to also with fruits, cereals, yoghurt, meats, cheeses, pastries etc etc, There is a very nice bar at the hotel for that late night drink or afternoon cuppa. The staff are all excellent, very friendly and helpful. It was my birthday whilst We were there and to my delight and surprise they delivered a banana and chocolate cupcake with a candle on it to my breakfast table! What a lovely thoughtful thing to do and as if that wasn't enough, when we returned to our room later that night a bottle of champagne and some sweets were waiting for me with a lovely note from the manager. Would definitely recommend this hotel for travelers, we had such a lovely stay.

Stayed: May 2014