“Fantastico Barocco”
Review of Barocco Hotel

Barocco Hotel
Ranked #16 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have just returned from a 3 night weekend break to celebrate my special birthday and our wedding anniversary. I booked this as it had such glowing reviews, I was not disappointed. This was our first trip to Italy and Rome. All staff were very pleasant and speak good English. Luigi and Fabio were so very helpful,from the booking to transfers, and showing us where to go for evening meals to site seeing. Nothing was any trouble. The room 44 which we stayed had a little courtyard to sit on and enjoy a drink compliments of the hotel. It was however really hot out there so the added outer window shutters were a must as was the Air Con. There is a safety deposit box and mini bar with Sky TV in the rooms. The only thing missing was tea and coffee making facility in the rooms. Room service I believe was available though. Clean and the buffet breakfast selection was fantastic. The staff even made me a birthday cake and presented it to me with Prosecco for our celebration. Fresh platter of fruit on arrival in the room and flowers on the bed and in the bathroom. Chocolates and extra little touches were amazing.
I will definitely return as this hotel is situated in a brilliant spot, not too big a hotel either. Bathroom so clean, maid service daily and free slippers and a lounge robe in the rooms too. We walked to the Vatican and Pantheon, we walked to Spanish Steps 3 mins away and the Trevi Fountain 3 mins away although they are under renovation at present. Even the Colosseum we walked too. This is the way to see the real Rome. Thank you to everyone there that made it special. The bed was the most comfortable nights sleep my hubby and I have ever had. :)

Room Tip: I had room 44 which is at the back of the hotel less noise here. 43 IS an upgraded room. If you face...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy G
Write a ReviewReviews (3,034)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked this hotel for a short notice trip to Rome for business. I have been to Rome before and had some bad experiences with hotels so was conscious about picking a nice place. I was happy with my choice at the end of my stay.

Location:
Perfect, right beside the Barbarini metro stop. I was able to make my journey without much hassle. The hotel sold tickets for the metro too which saved me messing about in the station. There were plenty of shops nearby too for everything I needed and some nice clothes shops nearby also.

Hotel:
The hotel was spotless. It isn't a massive hotel by any means but works well. There is a small bar and small waiting areas which are all well kept. There is a free wifi service but it is not terribly reliable or fast.

Room:
The room was very clean. Bathrooms were very clean also. The room had satellite TV and there was fruit left for me when I checked in.

Staff:
The staff were very friendly and spoke excellent English which also helped.

Price:
As I booked on short notice, I am not sure if I paid a slight premium. The room was maybe a bit pricey but you get an excellent stay for what you pay.

Overall, I was very, very happy with my stay, especially as I booked on short notice and feared that I would have a poor hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary W
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel in September 2013. Besides a great room and location, this hotel offers an excellent breakfast with a variety of choices.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Rome.

Don Fernandes
Newmarket, Ontario

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Don F
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel was wonderful for us. We stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel staff could not be more pleasant, helpful and accommodating. Rooms are lovely. The breakfast selection was the largest we saw in Italy; and you could also order omelettes, etc. which were included in the breakfast.
It sits right off the Piazza Barberini, which was a perfect location for us. Most things were within walking distance, and we often took the metro to reduce some of the walking in the heat (though it's hot in the metro as well). The metro stop is right at the Piazza, along with two taxi stands. Although I read that it would be difficult to get a cab in Rome, I saw taxicabs in the stands as early as 7am and until late at night. Piazza Barberini is not one of the "go to" piazza's in Rome, as it's surrounded by modern buildings, so not picturesque. However, the Bernini fountain is pretty and the area is much more quiet than at the Spanish Steps, which is only a five minute walk away (to the top of the steps), or some of the other lovely piazza's. Located right off Via Veneto, it's only a10 minute walk to the Borghese Park or to Trevi Fountain; about 20 mins to the Vittorio Emmanuelle monument.

Room Tip: Suites face the Piazza Barberini, overlooking the fountain.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank a a
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and could not have been more impressed....Not normally one for 'boutique' hotels i was surprised at just how good it was...It literally ticks every box.

The room was spacious for a city hotel, very nicely decorated and had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The location is as good as you could possible hope for. Within short walking distance to most of the major tourist sites and very close to the Metro for anything not within walking distance, also there are literally dozens of restaurants in the surrounding area. The staff are amazing. Extremely knowledgeable about the city, and can not do enough to help. Make sure you tell the staff where you are planning to go for the day as they will undoubtedly have some bit of advice to make it easier for you. Additionally their restaurant recommendations were excellent, and they call ahead to reserve a table for you.

An all round tremendous hotel, I can't imagine ever staying anywhere else now when I return to Rome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in a deluxe room. It was very near the Piazza Barberini. The room was very nice with nice terrace and bath in the open. Breakfast was delicious and the staff very helpful, couldn't do enough for us.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are the best and beautiful views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Isabelinca
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at the Barocco Hotel for 2 nights. We enjoyed the hotel very much. It was very charming, rooms were beautiful (small - but you expect that staying in the heart of Rome), hotel was very clean and the service was friendly and helpful. Their breakfast was amazing with a large selection of food. We enjoyed being so close to everything in Rome yet enjoyed a peaceful & quiet sleep!

The hotel is conveniently located across from a metro station, lots of restaurant choices near by and walking distances to many highlights and must sees of Rome.

After having extensively researched hotels, I was so glad to have chosen this one for our stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family