“Wonderful Hotel!”
Review of Barocco Hotel

Barocco Hotel
Ranked #16 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the beginning of August before embarking on a cruise. We found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. Our bed was huge and might be the most comfortable hotel bed I have EVER slept in! Breakfast was delicious with plenty to choose from. We were also very happy with the location. I would definitely stay here again and I will be recommending it to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jajBoston
Write a ReviewReviews (3,067)

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights when we were jumping around Rome. By far, best hotel we stayed at!! They had great customer service and the hotel is in the PERFECT LOCATION. We literally walked everywhere from our hotel. A must stay!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joseph C
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great location in Barberini square, breakfast is wonderful, the stuff are always kind and welcoming to assist you with what ever you need, i stayed thee for 14 nights and it was the best stay i had in a long time!!!

Room Tip: better to choose a room far from the stairs cause it's a beet noisy when people come and go....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Betty L
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights for our first time in rome, after reading all the good reviews on trip advisor we had pretty high expectations and they were definitely met.
The staff went above and beyond to help us with anything we asked, maps, directions, local information, taxis, they even brought us coffee/tea to our room although room service isnt available! We were offered a complimentary room upgrade on arrival and werr welcomed to a fresh bowl of fruit in our room. On our final night we cane home to a lovely note and conplimentry biscuits. Thank you to all the staff at the barocco for making our trip extra special.
The hotel is in a fantastic location within walking distance to all the sites. If you arent keen on a 20 min walk to the colesseum or vatican then a taxi costs less than 10€
Cant recommend this hotel enough, perfect!

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank ZDOR886
Reviewed 14 August 2014

What a wonderful, beautiful, clean, service oriented hotel in the best part of Rome. This hotel has it all, great clean rooms, comfortable beds, fantastic breakfast, an extremely helpful staff and, is in one of the best parts of Rome. We traveled to Rome on a family vacation last month and stayed in one of the suites. The beds were so comfortable it was hard to get up to go see the sights. You can walk to almost anything - Trevi fountain, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Campo de Flori, train station, etc - and my wife loved being right around the corner from the famous Via Veneto shopping area. We had a suite overlooking the Plaza Barberini and when we got to the room, we were worried about street noise but didn't hear a thing as the rooms have double paned, soundproof glass. Oh, and let's not forget the staff, extremely service oriented, pleasant, never shying away from helping with all any of our needs and always with a smile. And the breakfast, wow I must have gained 5 pounds the four days I was there. My wife, son and I loved the Barocco and definitely stay there again. I have already recommended this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank carrmug
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed on floor 2, lots of space for a European hotel, wonderful shower. Centrally located near Spanish steps and Trevi Fountain, 30 min walk to Coliseum and Forum. Great breakfast buffet. Phones didn't work the entire time we were there but not really needed. Internet service was maddeningly slow but that's true of ALL Rome unfortunately. Entrance to hotel is not on a Piazza, it's around corner from restaurant. Very helpful staff who almost all speak good English.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bobcat18793
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at Barocco on our last night in Italy. After seeing so many different locales and sleeping in many different establishments, I must say that the bed at the Barocco was heaven : ). The bathroom was modern and very well appointed. Room itself was on the small side, but this is what I have realized is 'normal' in large cities in Italy. The included breakfast was delicious. I will miss Italy and all of it's charcuterie. I was having trouble obtaining my airline check-in on-line and Christiano behind the desk came to my rescue and we subsequently printed it.
Thank you to all of the staff at the Barocco Hotel in Rome for a wonderful one day and night in Roma.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends