“Great for Hilton Loyals.”

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge
Ranked #167 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Three quick days in Rome and were selected this Hilton. No complaints and we would stay here again. Breakfast was great here but the charge seem high but it's Rome right? Rooms were small but not a show stopper at all. Only downside is that there is not much walk to see at nights. Most stores are closed and no attractions are close. But plenty of restaurants in the area. Visit the market down the street for nice treats. Finally staff was more than helpful for our ever need.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank TreasureCoast
Management_Roscioli, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear TreasureCoast,
I wish to thank you for the lovely review and for the compliments.
Hoping to have soon the occasion to welcome you,
HGI Rome Claridge

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed 12 November 2013

A/C maintenance was inadequate, the cooling could not be engaged while sleeping due to the noise of the equipment. At about 3:30 a.m. on the last day, the ceiling collapsed at the A/C equipment with the metal frame and ceiling material falling into the room. The noise was deafening. There was obvious mold present on the fallen materials, raising concerns about my exposure to toxic substances. Several nights sleep were interrupted by loud noises from people talking and laughing from an unknown location. The clock radio alarm function was inoperative.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
3  Thank F6023PQdanielr
Management_Roscioli, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Client,
First of all, I am truly sorry for what occurred during your stay and specifically on the last night.

Unfortunately, as you saw there was a leak from the A/C that caused the collapse of the ceiling. This is something that has never happened before, but I know this is not an explanation is not enough to answer to your disappointment.

I'm sorry to know that also during your stay there were noise issues because I could have done something in regard, like changing your room or offer you an upgrade.

I believe you will comprehend that sometimes events occure unpredictably and are not caused by the poor maintenance of the hotel but to an unfortunate casualty.

Trusting in your understanding, I hope you will give another chance to serve you,

Flavio Toccafondi
F.O. Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden inn in September for 4 nights. This hotel was absolutely perfect. The hotel is very modern and clean, the bathroom is a very nice size and the mattress was very comfortable. The staff was great, they were always willing to help, and answer all of our questions. What we loved the most was the hotel's location. The tram was located literally right across the street and took us everywhere we needed to go. Within 20 minutes the tram can take you directly to the coliseum & Vatican & a bus right down the street took us to the Spanish steps area.
The area the hotel is located in is beautiful. It is walking distance from Villa Borghese and is extremely safe area of Rome. We often walked around at night to get to restaurants etc. and always felt completely safe. Try: trattoria Da Rosssini as well Gaudi restaurants near by the food was great and we didn't have to go far.
Loved our experience at this hotel & would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sabrina m
Management_Roscioli, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear sabrina m,
I have loved your comment and the compliments you have reserved to our hotel and staff for which I wish to thank you very much.
Hopefully there will be soon another occasion to see you, we'd love to have here again!
In the meantime please accept our

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Enjoyed our one night stay here prior to travelling home. The hotel is is in a nice neighbourhood with great restaurants and a tram stop close by. The Villa Borghese Gardens are just short walk away. The staff are accommodating, the room and facilities modern with the added convenience of breakfast available in the restaurant. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ros4564,
I am really pleased to read you have enjoyed either the accommodation and the location and I'd like to thank you for having taken some time to write a comment.
I hope your next stay will last a little longer so to enjoy better our hotel and the endless offering of our marvelous Roma.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Excellent service, clean and modern room. Staff was very organized and helpful with travel information. Breakfast was very nice but expensive. Nice restuarants nearby. Clean laundry facility. Expect to pay about 10 euros per load. Our room had a lovely balcony. Bed was very comfortable.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Management_Roscioli, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Jeffriesg,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am really delighted you believe we are a gread hotel and that our services and staff were appreciated and up to your expectations.
I have taken notice of your comment about the breakfast charge, I thank you for having expressed your opinion which is very important to us.
I look forward to another chance to see you hopefully in the next future.
Please accept my
Best regards.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Enjoyed my stay in Rome. Hotel staff was very helpful and the hotel was very clean. Breakfast in the morning was a great way to get started for the day. The staff was able to provide suggestions with dinner and which trams and metro stops I should take to see the sights in Rome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Debbie M,
I wish to thank you for your nice comment.
I hope there will be soon another occasion to have the pleasure to welcome you.
Best regards.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel is very modern, upscale and has excellent staff. All speak English, are happy to assist with travel, sight-seeing and transportation to and front the airport and to and from the cruising port. We arrived a few days before our cruise.

We were able to book the room, private transport and tour support PRIOR to our arrival and all via their internet and emails between us and the front desk. Added end bonus...we used our Hilton Honors points to pay for the two night three day stay. Breakfast buffet was delicious! Free internet and free business office area in the lobby; well stocked and fast internet connections. The location...perfect...we we within walking distance to bus, tram and call ahead taxi.

We took a tour of Rome at our pace, seeing the areas we wanted in a golf cart complete with a driver and ability to see the sights "up close" being able to go where a taxi or tour bus could not go. Did I mention we toured fresh markets, traditional bakeries, and of course the major sites...all in our chauffeured golf cart! The hotel advised us when the tour guide arrived and took great pains to order and arrange private cars and transportation.

Ok...back to the actual hotel. very small elevators, typical of Italy...but when I say small...think-- claustrophobia. The room we were assigned was clean, bright and very tastefully decorated. The bed was firm -- not hard and the bed linens were top of the line...not flimsy or thread bare, but just one notch down from luxurious. We had a small balcony facing a quiet courtyard with a small cafe table and two chairs. Quaint, private and great for a wine and cheese break at mid evening.

The bathroom ...shower was odd ..it was a walk-in all glass with two door openings and water tended to spill out on the floor just a bit. The full overhead rain shower and hot towel rack more than made up for this slight annoyance.

Ample closet with lighted space, a mini fridge, flat screen tv, small desk and chair, blackout drapes with sheer curtains and glass sliding doors. Side night lights on each side of the bed and Coffee, tea and cream with glass cups and plugin in kettle. Just bring a few fresh pasties from the supermarket across the street, put in the mini fridge and brew a cuppa to sip and have a lazy lie-in before a busy day of touring!

Would I stay again? Absolutely.

P.S....I purchased two really great tasting bottles of Italian wine from the market across the steet
and took them with me to the ship. We are allowed two bottles per cabin. I kid you not...those wines were on par with the ships upscale "select" wines.

Stay at this hotel....you will be glad you did!

Room Tip: Stay in the rear rooms. Private balcony overlooking courtyard.