“Great Affordable Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #188 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Affordable Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Hotel staff was extremely friendly and spoke English perfectly, not forcing me to use my very limited Italian. Although the room was very tight for space, it was very clean and the bed slept well. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Management_Roscioli, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Pethral D,
I'd like to thank you for the comment.
Wishing to have soon another occasion to see you,
HGI Rome Claridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
ABUJA, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were extremely clean. Location of hotel is excellent, with easy access to city centre either by bus or tram. I am rest assured of a good place to stay next time in rome, as a matter of fact, i have booked my next stay in this same hotel as i will be in rome in a few days time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Michael D
Management_Roscioli, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Michael D,
Many thanks you for the lovely comment.
We then look forward to see you in few days!
Warmest regards.
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

the room was lovely, the staff were friendly and our holiday was much better for it. One of the staff on recpetion, Roberto R, went above and beyond to help us and ensured our stay in Rome made our holiday even more special.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Management_Roscioli, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Norman T,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am really please to read you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff was helpful and careful.
We look forward to another occasion to welcome you.
Arrivederci!
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I decided to stay at this hotel to combine a work trip (conference) with a mini family vacation. My daughter and husband accompanied me. We arrived very late at he hotel and there was no crib in the room, it was stifling hot and the air conditioning did not work. We had to keep the balcony door open, with no crib in the room we were afraid my 1 year old would climb off the bed out to the balcony. There was also a lot of noise from the tram and the garbage trucks doing collection, we could not close the door because it was oppressively hot when we did. The next day they moved us to another room on the other side of the hotel. It was by a laundry or utility room which was not as loud as the traffic noises the day before but was also very loud and both day and night. The staff was friendly and lovely to my daughter but I was not satisfied with the lack of resolution. The hotel was okay and the dining staff excellent customer service, but Rome even in February can be hot inside of a hotel room so the cooling system issues are unacceptable. I am not really sure how to rate the staff because they were professional and friendly but they did not resolve anything. The hotel bed was comfortable and the room was also nice but the noise and the cooling issue, again I don't know how to rate the hotel. If they fixed the temperature so you could close the windows at night, I could imagine having a pleasant stay. The location is outside of the city center but in a very nice and still nearby to the center area. Their was excellent restaurants nearby and if I was able to sleep at night I would have enjoyed the trip, but I did not.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Dear Margot R,
I thank you for the comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I am sorry to read your initial room did not have a crib for your 1 year old child, however,
as we are pleased to provide free cribs, I wonder if it was requested upon booking.
I am glad your request was attended the day after.
For what concerns the heating in the room, I apologize.
Unfortunately during the period you were here, a unexpected heat wave was hitting Italy, lasted two weeks and the temperature had risen up.
Also it is forbidden to turn the air conditioning on during this time of the year, this making it difficult for our customers and for us.
Now the situation is back to normal and we have no forecast of other strange events just as such coming in the future.
I would like to apologize, also on behalf of all our staff, for the discomfort you have suffered and I hope you'd like to give us another chance.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Picked here due to the fact it is the only Hilton chain hotel in Rome itself and wanted to use points etc. Had looked at it on google and thought it looked ok but small. Correct about small. Reception area modern and probably the biggest area in the whole hotel. Check in fine with little info given regarding attractions etc. Not too bothered about that as we do our homework prior to going anywhere. Were informed that they had a 'market' area. Having been to other Garden Inns this one was certainly small and could do with a restock as there wasn't much on offer. Room, on third floor, was clean, modern but small. Massive bed though. Hint here, reduce size of bed and gain a lot of room. Outlook to rear towards landscaped coutryard surrounded by flats ok, but would have liked a view of some kind bar trees. Heating in room was to say the least, oppressive. Should have noted how hot it was going to be as soon as we left lift. Heat hit you as soon as door opened. No air con on and window offered minimal ventilation. Out of season for ai con seemingly. Strangely though, second floor did not have same problem. Was warm but no where near as the third floor. Sleeping, therefore, was a slight problem but manageable. Front desk staff not too good as there was an incident which we felt was not handled at all well by the front desk. Bar staff a lot friendlier but still could be better. Both the bar and the restaurant areas are very small and would hate to see the hotel busy. Prices at the bar fair for a city hotel. Breakfast was a major let down. No where near Hilton standards. On last day, even though it still had 45 mins to go, they 'ran out' of bacon and sausages leaving only scrambled egg from the hot selection. Location is a wee bit away from the main tourist area. One hour walk to Vatican City/Colloseum areas. Taxi would be around 20 euros one way. Plus side is the free business center but even that was a problem as they dont police it and on one occasion, I had to ask a young lad if he was finished playing the game on the computer as I had to try and check in for my flight. He wasn't pleased. The free Wi-fi worked but was very very slow, but at least it was free and not like most other Hiltons. Ordered a taxi at the front desk for 12.30. At 12.45 with no taxi I approached the front desk who reluctantly phoned it in and was told it would be 5/10 mins. 15 mins later it arrived. Just as well he made good time! Would not stay here again and suggest to others to look carefully at all the facilities etc before making your mind up. They do have a gym, turkish steam room and sauna. Didn't see anyone use it and neither did we so I wont comment on that.

Room Tip: Rooms to front have the main road, but are the only ones to have a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear robeth_8,
Thanks for your comment.
I am sorry to read we failed to satisfy your expectations and I apologize.
I thank you for the suggestion to reduce the size of bed to gain space, unfortunately this would not be possible as the size of our beds is one of Hilton's Garden Inn standards that cannot be ignored.
I was surprised by your comment on our breakfast as our buffet includes many products like various types of cereals, biscuits, various type of fresh bread, fresh fruits (also exotic), cakes, various type of croissants, a waffle maker with various type of syrups, even the maple one, different types of cheeses, Parma ham, cooked ham, marmalade of all sorts, butter and much more.
I apologize also for the discomfort due to room heating not meeting your needs.
I thank you once again for your opinions and suggestions which help us to focus on what needs improvement in order to provide a better service in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Small rooms, breakfast below Hilton standards, tiny bar with no atmosphere and front desk staff who don't give much of a service to guests. Location too far away from main tourist areas. Not a hotel we will return to or recommend.

Dear Biff57,
Thank you for the comment.
I am sorry to read you did not enjoyed your holiday here and that rooms size represented an issue during your stay.
However please let me underline that our hotel respects every Hilton Garden Inn standard.
For what concerns the reception staff, I am surprise to read you describe them as employees who don't give much of a service to guests, as a matter of fact, as you check by the previous customers' reviews, our personnel is always kind and dedicated to ensure the care and dedication our guests deserve.
Referring to the location, Parioli area where we sit, is at walking distance from the Borghese Gardens and Via Veneto, also in front of the hotel there is the tram which goes to the Vatican and other buses available in the area allow our customers to reach every point of interest in the city.
I regret we failed in satisfying your expectations and I'd like you to reconsider our property for a future stay in our beautiful Roma.
Warm regards.
Marietta, GA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

A very good hotel with excellent service, nice staff, a good fitness room, an excellent breakfast and a convenient location. Good local eating establishments, a grocery store right across the street, bus and transit stops right outside the front entrance. Had a few issues during our 1 week stay but they were resolved immediately.

Dear Thomas D,
Many thanks for your lovely comment.
We look forward to another occasion to welcome you soon,