“Good hotel”

Ranked #526 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Florida
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We arrived a bit early for our reservation but they were able to get us right into our room, which was wonderful after a long day of flying.
The room was nice, breakfast good, staff - very nice.

Room Tip: This is a bit aways from the city center. Once we learned the subway it worked well, but at least a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LDV27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
west midlands
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel May 29th 2012 .We were attending the Compeed Gala in Rome to see Usain Bolt run and wanted a reasonably priced hotel close enough to the center of Rome which didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Check in was very quick .We were shown an economy twin room with a balcony which was very comfortable to sleep in and very quiet .It was a little hot at times but not oppressively so .The bathroom was very spacious and spotlessly clean. No tea coffee equipment , adequate storage and internet access .Most channels in Italian on TV.

Staff were excellent . We were treated extremely politely and staff always answered our questions about which trams which trains to take without ever making us feel like we were being a pest . We felt extremely comfortable in the hotel and would stay again.I must also say I contacted the reception staff ahead of my visit asking them to pre book tickets to the Borghese Gallery for me which they did !

I guess the biggest negative was the actual location of the hotel which required a lot of walking from the nearest tram ( tram 2 )...and uphill at that !!!!!! After developing blisters walking so much in Rome during the day I did dread walking up that hill at the end of a day. I am a fit 40 odd year old ! Having said that we did it for 4 nights so it is doable .

Secondly the breakfast was average. No fresh fruit juices only sweet drinks but there was lovely hot chocolate , ham , salami, bacon ,eggs , yogurts , jams, nutella , breads , and cereals .

My advice if you are trying to save money is to take the Terravision from the airport to Termini for 4 Euro and then a taxi to the hotel for 10 Euro.Always double chcek befiore you jump in a taxi at Termini however as prices can vary between 10 Euros and 28 Euros . I didn't check out the buses but understand there is one

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Sheffield
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stayed at Hotel Rivoli for a short mid week break and was very impressed all round. Staff very friendly and helpful, Paolo was particularly helpful and even ordered food to our room for us late at night. Check in was quick, and the decor in the hotel is impressive. The room was big as was the bathroom with a cosy balcony. Everything was very clean and the room was serviced every day to a high standard. The hotel is about a 30 minute walk to the centre of Rome but this it is actually very pleasant to be set in a quieter area and the walk is very nice with some beautiful gardens nearby. Breakfast was very tasty with lots of variety - the English 90s music over breakfast was very amusing but it was very enjoyable.
Would definatley recommend a visit and would stay again without a doubt.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Hotel Pros:
- This is a good hotel - the room was really big for Europe, as was the bathroom. Shower was always hot.
- The room was kept to a very high standards when it came to cleanliness - no complaints in this area.
- The receptionists were always able to help us and point us in the right direction or recommend a bus (however, if they say it takes 20 mins, its more likely to be closer to 45 mins!)
- The breakfast offering is fairly substantial - a lot of different things to choose from and it definitely caters for everyone. 'Rush hour' seemed to be just after 8am, so if you don't like to eat in the hustle and bustle, then avoid this time. Food was constantly topped up on the buffet though, so no need to worry about losing out.

Hotel Cons:
- The hotel was VERY difficult to find - we got a taxi from the airport on our first day and I highly recommend this option as it was stress-free and got us right to the door.
- We struggled to find the right stop for the hotel when using the buses - the driver on the main bus they recommend (910) didn't even know the stop which hotel website says you should get off on, neither did he recognise the road name that the hotel had marked on our map as the closest bus stop.
- The road name for the hotel isn't on any maps (the road is, but not named) therefore always best to keep a map handy (especially for us, as we had to navigate home every night!)
- We did have to close our window in the early hours of the morning because there was a lot of noise on the street below - deliveries or rubbish collections (not the hotel's fault.)

All in all, a good hotel. Bus connections are plentiful too. The number 910 gets you to the Termini, the number 3 gets you to the Colosseum (takes a while though,) and the tram 19 gets you to the Vatican.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Kieran B
Prattville, Alabama
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Great hotel away from the hustle and noisy streets of Rome. Friendly, helpful staff. Wonderful breakfast! Rooms were very clean and well taken care of!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Megan J
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Quiet, small hotel off the beaten path. Good service and friendly staff. Excellent buffet breakfast included with price. But not located close to stores, other restaurants or tourist attractions.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mkl004
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel last night, and were very disappointed in many respects. The hotel is located in a residential area of Rome off of Via Salaria, and it's virtually impossible to find. We spent over 45 minutes circling the streets in the area, before finally stumbling upon it. After checking in, we were given a room on the second floor that overlooked a preschool. The room was okay, although it was very dark due to the heavy tapestry fabric that covered every wall.

PROS:
-Hotel does provide free ice, travel items (toothbrush, razors, etc) to guests
-Nice down pillows, although be sure to ask for another one...they're not very plump.
-Mini-fridge in room that you can store some items in.

CONS:
-Ridiculously hard to locate.
-Parking is 15-25 euros per night, depending upon the season.
-NO restaurants or shops within walking distance...eat before you arrive. (Do NOT eat at the bar in the hotel...my 10 euro pizza was a frozen pizza that had been microwaved.)
-Unable to control room temperature...our room had to be approximately 75 degrees inside.
-I didn't feel safe walking the streets...though it's a nicer area, I felt like I was more likely to be mugged on this side of town than I did in central Rome!
-Front desk staff was rude and seemed unwilling to provide much information.

I was completely unimpressed with this hotel. When we checked in, the clerk requested to keep our passports for 10-15 minutes. After 30 minutes had elapsed, we returned to the desk to pick up our passports and the clerk reluctantly handed them over. We asked for directions to a local restaurant and were told that there was a lovely one on the next street over. We walked over 4 miles trying to locate a restaurant in the neighborhood, and only came across 2 snack bars that served microwaved meals. So, I ordered a pizza from the bar at a cost of 10 euro. What I got was a frozen pizza that had been microwaved or just barely heated in an oven. I complained to the desk clerk and was told that I could get 10 euros worth of items from the minibar or a new pizza. When I stated that I didn't want either and requested 10 euros off of my parking fee instead, we went back and forth on it for several minutes. (Please understand, I checked into this hotel at 1600 and checked out at 0230 in order to catch an early morning flight at Fiumicino...I was hardly at the hotel!)

Also, for the slighly accident prone like myself...the bathroom is a small step up from the main bedroom area. In the middle of the night, it's easy to stumble on this step. Be careful! I'm amazed the hotel was designed in this way.

Bottom line: I would never stay here again, and will be notifying my travel agency about the poor experience I had at this hotel. (My travel package included this hotel as the final night before returning to the US.)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank NAUgrad2005

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels