“nice stay”

Hotel Pineta Palace
Ranked #454 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 11 May 2014

we stayed at this hotel during a tour rooms are your typical european rooms nothing extravagant however the rooms were very clean. I have to say the staff was excellent! They shared the name of a small restaurant within walking distance of the hotel, great food and very reasonable. Breakfast was great, especially the croissants and believe me a 6 am they were very welcomed. Yes, I do agree with other reviews about it being far from the city and if you stay here; when you get a taxi make sure they know where it is... our taxi driver took us all over the streets before we miraculously found it.. Overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: most of the rooms have a balcony the even numbers overlook the city. walls are very thin....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
PinetaHotelStaff, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Pineta Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you very much for your positive comment, very valuable for us; even though, we are not in the city center, we are well connected by public transport that in 20-30 minutes takes you to downtown. About taxi drivers is better to give them the business card of the hotel with our address. Hoping to see you again in our hotel in rome ..... Best regards

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have been all over the worldstate and also to Rome and have nEver experienced such a great, hard-working staff!!!
This hotel was met with an extremely overcrowded week and no matter the need, from Antonio as a superior leader to Jasmine who even continued to go out of her way to charge my camera battery, to Rite who cleaned the rooms better than I could express, to Emanuela and the sweetest girl, mom of 2, who served us at the restaurant (which is superb, especially for hotel food!) ... I would choose the hotel for its ammenities, decor, value but most of all I would choose this hotel for the most incredible staff I have ever met!
Thank you all for your diligence and strive for cooperative perfection... this is rare in our society today to see such dedication to all people in the hotel, including one another.

• Stayed: April 2014
PinetaHotelStaff, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Pineta Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thanks so much for your positive comment is very important for us, as your opinion that confirms the good work we did of every day with passion. See you soon in Rome ..... Best Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hard to find the worst part about staying in this hotel. Looking to that nice lobby we couldn't imagine what was wating for us.
First, the room is pretty old and the cleaning not very good. You can hear absolutely every noise made in the rooms next door.TV and bed are probably older than me. The heater didn't work in the first night (it was around 2C outside).
There's no WIFI included and it's pretty expensive to buy it.
Hotel is pretty far from downtown and it's not close to any subway station. You need to walk around 500 metters to the bus stop, and there are just 1 line to downtown, which means at least 20 minutes wait + 40 minutes to get to the city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lilian M
PinetaHotelStaff, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Pineta Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment even if it is negative, it is always important for us to improve our work and our services. Sorry that you did not enjoy the room but I hope you have seen ,before to book, our different types of rooms in furnishings and amenities. As for the heating unfortunately a law in Italy establish that after 1st of April we have to turn off the heating power stations. About the distance of our hotel is not completely true that the bus stop is 500 meters away, because we have a bus stop at 180 meters where you can catch two buses that take you directly to the metro and at 280 meters another bus stop that takes you directly into the center . Normally the time between our hotel and the center (Vatican City area) is about 30 minutes but could vary with the traffic. Hoping to welcome you back at our hotel in order to demonstrate our best service. Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was there on a Cosmos tour. The first room I received there on the 6th floor was ok. Lobby was very nice, breakfast just ok, runny eggs. The restaurant food was awful . I ate there pre-tour. The hotel is far from the city. It is in the suburbs and there is a long walk to the bus.
We returned there at the end of the tour for a night and that is what caused the laughter. We were given a room on the 2nd floor. Can you believe the toilet was under the sink? You had to slide under the sink to use the toilet. I quickly went down to the desk to get a room change, They put my roommate and I in a room on the 3rd floor which was ok, until 2am where a couple was fighting. I called the desk but they were not helpful at all. I also left my coat in the first room and they gave me the key to the room , but the coat was gone. It seems the maid cleaned the room and moved the coat. Good thing I took an old coat with me . I can say that this was the only hotel on the tour that was that bad. We received 2 very nice upgrades.

Room Tip: Ask for a 6th floor room since those have a good view and were recently renovated. I head the 5th fl...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank iv18-Diane
PinetaHotelStaff, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Pineta Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comment, any feedback is important for us to understand if we work well or not. As you said we have changed the room that you did not like, so we solve immediately the problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience about your coat but I can assure you that never happened in the past and we are sure that no one of our staff is responsible of it. Actually we are not so far from the center in fact, in 20/25 minutes you arrive at the Vatican city without change buses. The bus stop is at 150 meters, it’s a long walk? In any case I hope you will give us another chance to show you a different experience. Best regards.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Had the chance of staying here as part of the Cosmos Tour. The Hotel was just Ok, nothing really stands out. It's just average.

There are some that I liked, like the breakfast and their restaurant downstairs for dinner and of course the hospitality of their staff. They were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel seems to be old and outdated and yes, it's a bit far from the city/downtown, probably about 15-20 mins and would cost you about 15euros.

There are small restaurants and small supermarkets around the vicinity but if you like a more lively and close to the center type of place then book somewhere else. But overall, except the location, this hotel is ok.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Myca V
PinetaHotelStaff, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Pineta Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comment, actually we are not far from the center in fact with just 15/20 minutes to the city center. We are located in a residential neighborhood on one of the higher parts of the city, which allows us to offer our customers a panoramic view of the city from the rooms as well as being connected by three bus lines, one of which leads directly to the first subway stop. hoping to see you in the future in Rome …… Best Regards

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We were sent here for 2 nights after our first hotel messed up our stay, and we we're very pleasantly suprised.

We arrived very late on and the young man at the reception was lovely and very helpful and his English was fantastic.

Rooms are a bit jaded and in need of a re-vamp but as it was somewhere to rest our heads it didn't bother us much.

View from the 6th floor was brilliant!
Breakfast was okay!
Cocktails at the small bar were lovely, as was the bar man - very attentive.

Staff were very lovely and very helpful, got a great map from them on the first night which was our bible for the whole week!

The hotel itself is reasonably far out, 20-30 mins on the bus - which we were not too fussed about in the beginning but by the end of the week we felt like we could have been more central!

Overall though a pleasant experience!

• Stayed: February 2014
PinetaHotelStaff, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Pineta Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive comment, such as his comments help us to understand if we are working well . For the room next time if he wants to be able to see on our site that we have different types of rooms.
Hoping to welcome you back at our hotel,
Best regards

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Very far away from city center and badly connected… bad quality of food for breakfast… not bad at all for dinner…staff very helpful, friendly and polite especially the senior of the dinner crew but with the exception of a lady in the reception desk… here what she did to me… I got the 12 euros 24 hours wifi for the first night but since I was leaving the day after the following day I asked for the one that costed 6 euros for the duration of one hour within 24 hours BUT as was described in the site I could enter and exit as many times as I wanted within these 24 hours… so, the lady at the desk said that that was for one hour continuously (once you enter it counts no matter you stay for one hour or not) and only when I said that the site describes something else she lost her white color on her face and became red...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank evdokimos
PinetaHotelStaff, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Pineta Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comment and we reply; about the links from our hotel to the center, we are only 5kms from downtown and we are connected to it by 3 bus lines, one connects directly near the center (normally 20 minutes) and the other two lines goes to the Cornelia metro Station. We regret you do not appreciate our breakfast that as you can read in all reviews is one of our best service. Concerning the wifi voucher my colleague from the front office, we investigated and probably there was a misunderstanding about the management of the voucher. Hoping to welcome you again at our hotel in order to show you that we usually offer a high level of service. best regards