All reviewsbus and metrohotel runsnice hotelpick pocketsthe hotel staffvery pleasant stayquiet areamini barreceptionistsights
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Everyone is very polite and cannot do enough to help you·Alex we found was the go to person if you had any questions·He was very helpful·I expexted to find small just not quite to small the room·Very far from everything· An example to get to the Trevi fountain you first took a sita bus for 20 minutes to get to the end of the subway line.Or a 35 Euro cab ride. Found this very inconvenient. Other than that rooms were very clean and food was good for a complimentary breakfast

Room Tip: Not terrible with the pool and resteraunt there is none.Cannot remove tag
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine962
RomaGiugiaro, General Manager at Aurora Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear guests
we're so glad that you you enjoy your stay at our hotel.
We try to always give our customers the best service and make you all feel welcome.
With regard to transport sorry, the next time asked us we can give you information on how to get faster to the center in about 30 minutes.

Thanks anyway for your review and we hope to have you again as our guests

Reviewed 4 September 2012

When I look for a good hotel, and I do find it, like in this case...I do not care at all, if there is no spa ;-).
When I find a good smell at the entrance, I understand this is a properly cleaned place; a nice furniture, smart Front Desk employers, and mostly import a nice room with a very good mattress !

Many hotels nowadays, unfortunately offer unrequested options like spa and do not put the right attention on the most important and requested ones, that an “ hotel guest “ is looking for.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ARTATTACKSD

ooooooooooo ..... you are the perfect customer, the customer would like to have all the hotels ...... What you want from a hotel is a good bed, quiet to sleep and relax after a visit to the bustling big city, clean and a good breakfast. will in the future have not exactly a spa but maybe a swimming pool to make our customers a reason to relax.

thanks again

Reviewed 11 August 2012

My whole experience of this hotel is good clean and friendly service rooms are to an good serviceable standard and amenities to match, to locate this hotel, please research before as its in a unexpected location, transport there takes on average 40 mins from/to the centre using public transport (343,Metro) and breakfast was nice and continental - yet no hot service, my only down side of the hotel was the city tax asked to be paid at check-out (2 euros per person per night ) with the only sign telling you of this 'tax' been only displayed in Italian at the desk and English on the reverse, obversely not knowing what the language wouldn't know to turn the sign around.

Room Tip: ask to be placed away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Sandra

I read many of the reviews regarding the hotel and I was affraid to go there. I am glad that my sister and I did go. Know that the hotel is not in the center of Rome. If you want to be in the center, skip it. I love how nice the staff was with us and how helpful they were despite their little English. Our room was very quiet and we enjoyed our stay there. I will definitely come back.

Know also that the breakfast is basic, nothing major for those like me that are used to giant breakfast in the US. Expect to pay for every little thing including Internet service. Around the hotels there are places where to eat. We went to one but I did not like it. I cannot even remember the name.

Overall, I will recommend this hotel to those looking for basic things and that are not too picky

Room Tip: Always pick a room away from the streets. Back rooms are better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra F
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Even though the Aurora Garden is a small hotel that offers basic services I had a pleasant time there. I stayed there last week for 4 days and my only regrets were the fees for internet services and limited access to it. A leak in our bathroom but if I had to do it over again I will. Actually, next year we plan on returning back. The staff was friendly and helpfful. Yes it's far from Termini station but if you are not afraid to take the bus to the metro go for it. it will take you about 30 to 45 minutes to get there from the bus to the metro and then to the Termini station. In Italy buses are not quite on time. But once you get to the Rebibia train station you should be on your way to discover the beauty of Rome. I read a lot of abd review about Aurora Garden but to me i had was I was looking for. My only suggestion is for the hotel to offer free internet acces and to fix the water leak in room 105. In America we want the best ands we always complained about things but you know something no hotel is perfect and they need our feedback to get better. Aurora Garden is not expensive and its located outside of the center of rome, whicjh is a good things because it allowed us to mingle with the locals friends that we met there We enjoyed the scenery and tasted local food that are not tourists oriented with great prices. I will be back and I will request the same room . Tank you Aurora Garden with time you will grow and will make the neccessary changes.

Room Tip: good AC, room was very quiet and had a nice ground floor terrace. I hate carpe5t so I ordered a room without carpet and non smoking, the hotel accepts pets, even though I hate pets as well but overall I was satisfied.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family