Hotel Forum Roma
Hotel Residenza San Calisto(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$490
US$343
US$292
Agoda.com
1,265 results
All reviewsamerican barrooftop restaurantancient romefantastic locationtraditional hoteltop floorpalatine hillfamily roomdeluxe roomroof gardenlong weekendwalked everywherecity breakbreakfast is servedtrevi fountaincentral locationwithin easy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2013

A wonderful five days in Rome, enhanced by staying at the Hotel Forum. Comfortable (and perfectly clean) room, ever helpful and welcoming staff, wide range of choices for breakfast. The view from the restaurant (and indeed our room - 406) is everything the website shows - and more; what a way to start the day, watching the 'centurions' parading and posing outside the Forum! Shutters kept the traffic noise at bay at night. But above all, praise for the member of staff (in his smart white and gold uniform) who was so very kind when our car was late on the last day to take us to the airport. He not only made persistent phone calls but was also so concerned and caring when I got agitated as the time dragged on. Highly recommended (unless of course you want shiny modern characterless surroundings and absolute silence at night). We hope to return!

Room Tip: Floor 4 for the views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
DirezioneRoma, Direttore at Hotel Forum Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

All the staff and especially Massimo thank you for you beautiful review!
Very best regards.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed in Room 401 from the 17th to 20th of September for 3 nights. The hotel is very Roman in style with attentive staff and lovely decor. Our room was fantastic; we booked a Deluxe room with a view and what a view it was, straight onto the Forum.
The room itself was large, clean and very nicely decorated. The bathroom was a reasonable size with basic amenities as expected from a city centre hotel.
Breakfast served in the 5th floor Restaurant. This included a great selection of cold cuts, breads, cheeses, cakes and a cooked option for those wanting something more substantial. The views are absolutely stunning. However, the views were not nearly as sensational as those from the roof top bar. We had drinks in the bar every night! Breathtaking is the only way to describe the bar with amazing service from the barman. He made us feel very welcome and it was a joy to return to the bar before and after trips out for dinner.
We would highly recommend a stay in this hotel with its amazing views and excellent location.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room with a view and don't forget drinkies in the bar!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We are really happy to read to you have enjoyed our hotel, the view, the staff and the breakfast that has been improved few month ago.
We are looking forward to welcoming you next time.
Best regards.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I would like to report the good and the bad of this hotel as honestly as possible so here goes.

The hotel is situated a stone’s throw from the Coliseum and the Forum which offers great views but I found it a little far away from other areas like the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Campo de’Fiori, the Jewish Ghetto, The Vatican and Trastevere. I wish we had stayed in the historical part of the city closer to Camp de’Fiori.

The hotel itself is very nice with old antique furniture and the smallest elevators I have ever been in. Our room (Nr. 408), en suite, was beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfortable with shutters that opened up providing a very airy light feel to the room. The downside was that our room was very small and felt a little claustrophobic at times and there was only enough room in the en-suite for one person at a time. The shower itself was small (my husband at 6ft 4inches struggled a little with it.) The shower was barely a trickle of very hard to regulate temperature which made washing my long hair a lengthy process. We did complain about this on the first day and asked to be moved but were told the hotel was fully booked so they couldn’t move us and that they would fix the shower but it never was.

The room itself is street facing and we found this particularly noisy. It wasn’t too much of a problem to us as we were up and out each day sightseeing but probably not good if you are not an early riser. On check-out we were offered a 10% discount on the original quoted price due to the size of the room which we happily accepted.

The breakfast is served in the terrace restaurant and is buffet style although for the price I felt there wasn’t a lot of choice. The scrambled eggs and bacon kept running out as did the oranges for the freshly squeezed orange juice machine. The waiting staff were more than friendly and helpful but we found one (a lady) who really needed to get a job she liked. We felt like we put her out even by turning up for breakfast. The setting though and the view this offers is amazing. We didn’t eat at the restaurant in the evenings so can’t comment on it as we preferred to head out and try some of Rome’s many little Trattorias.

The hotel also has a rooftop bar which we retired to each evening. This was fantastic and a nice gathering point for some of the hotel guests who were mainly American, Canadian or English. We got chatting with some and thoroughly enjoyed our night caps up there. The bar tender is very friendly, very knowledgeable about Rome and a true credit to the hotel. Drinks are a little pricey though so just be careful but the view and the atmosphere more than make up for it.

So to sum up this hotel I would say it’s really scraping the bottom of being a 4* hotel and would describe it as a very good 3* at best. I found it very expensive for what was on offer but then the roof top restaurant and the roof top bar really are amazing. I would recommend it as somewhere to stay as overall it was a pleasant stay and the staff were very nice and friendly in the main.

Personally though for what we paid I would probably look for somewhere nearer to the historical part of Rome with a larger room and a better breakfast offering.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 408 - it's tiny!
2  Thank Clare W

Dear Madam,
We thank you for your review which we have shared with all our staff.
We appreciate all critism and we think that our prices are in line with other hotels of our category regarding the rooms, the restaurant and the bar, and you won't find any other hotel with a position like the Hotel Forum!
Very best regards.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

After hours of frustrating travel to Rome my 2 companions and I arrived at the hotel. We were disappointed to find that our 3 single rooms were not near each other and were on the 3 different floors, mine being in some odd place where I had to take 1 lift to floor 2 and then another lift down to floor 1. Oh well, not a big deal we just wanted some rest. TOO BAD FOR US!

This hotel is extremely loud. both from outside with the rooftop bar blaring until 2am and from the cleaning service not being very respectful of people sleeping and deciding to shreek at what seemed like the top of their lungs outside my door at 6am in the morning. I also heard my neighbors come in late and slam their door shut over and over again. I was so upset and annoyed that I just got up early and had extra coffee that day.

My room, being at the end of the hallway, I wondered how two guest rooms by mine could make so much noise and then realized that a staff door was next to mine. The noise was most likely coming from the cleaning women coming in and out of the door and talking to one another. My suspicions were confirmed when I repeatedly witnessed the cleaning ladies shouting to one another down the hallways and chatting while fixing rooms.

My friends had similar experiences and complained of the same things; one on the 3rd floor seemed to have an exceptionally bad experience as she got woken up continuously from 3:30am onwards. To me, getting a good night's rest is one the most important aspects of a hotel stay especially when you have long busy days ahead of you. I left Rome with many good memories but very sleepy and exhausted from not sleeping well on none of the 3 nights we stayed at Hotel Forum Roma.

I can say that the location is great and we found public transportation easy to get to as well as some nice restaurants and shops. Also, dinner at the rooftop restaurant was great apart from the caterpillar walking around in our salads that they neither apologized or compensated for - deciding that laughing and joking was a more apt response. Feel free to go there if you want "extra protein in your diet!!!" (that was literally one of their responses).

Very disappointed overall by the loudness and lack of courtesy and respect for the people staying at the hotel. I hope other people get better than this amateur hour!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank CCurtis2013
DirezioneRoma, Direttore at Hotel Forum Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

It is not always possible to give rooms next to each other, especially when not requested at the moment of the reservation.
The cleaning staff begins to work at 8.00am and the recommendation of the management is to be very quiet as to not disturb the guests.
During the night, the staff on duty is the night porter and the night concierge and we can not imagine who could have disturbed you from 3.30am.
Under no circumstance we wanted to hurt your feelings or diminish the problem of the caterpillar found in your salad; on the contrary, we just wanted to make you feel a little better and, anyway, after all, we express our excuses.
It's not customary or normal for us t serve salads with warms, but is one the most normal things that could occur in the salads, being those animal very resistant to water.
We apologize if our being "light" on this problem hurt your sensitivity because this was far from our intent which is to have our guests satisfied so they can spread the good word about our restaurant.
Please, accept our sincere apologies for the discomfort we created you.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Wonderful location right next to the forum (surprise, surprise!), nice rooms with very comfortable beds. The roof terrace is great for a sundowner but it doesn't come cheap! Lots of great little restaurants in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

We thank you and we wait for you next time ...