“Good location and unpleasant staff”
Review of Hotel Mondial

Hotel Mondial
Ranked #341 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Tbilisi, Georgia
“Good location and unpleasant staff”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you book by internet it's awful, like they regret that you managed it by internet and paied less; they never give you room untill 15 p.m. while in my booking.com's document was mentioned that check-on time is 14.00, and I required to provide a room according to my vaucher, as we had an overnight flight and were very tired, and I see as they accepted other guests arriving and providing them with a room. But I regreted about it very soon, as they become very unfriendly to us, and gave a room at the 1 floor with window directly on road with hotel staff circulating behind us. I asked to change but was refused. Among the hotel's staff there is one young woman, blond and nice, who was working in the hotel's reception everyday during working hours, on the place of manager I would not allow her to work there; she is the most unfriendly person I have ever met in the hotel. When I asked something with my not excellent English and then going to the elevator I heard as she laughed to us telling something not very kind about us to other staff persons in the reception. Hotel Mondial in Rome is the worsest Best Western hotel among many other of this hotels' chain, which I liked before very much...May be I have to change my mind about this chain as my experience in Rome was awful...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Irina77127

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Great location in central Rome. Within walking distance of the Termini central station and the Repubblica metro station around the corner it's easy to get around to all the great sites this city has to offer. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are not huge but they are not small either. I recommend a high floor to avoid street noise. Breakfast is ok... Monotonous after three days since nothing changes in the menu, but it does include eggs, fruit, pastries, cheese, cereals, ham, yogurt, etc... If you rent a car you cannot park on this street since there are traffic restrictions in this road. Overall I enjoyed my stay here and would come back to this property.

Room Tip: High floor
1 Thank Juan T
WASHINGTON
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Located within walking distance to Termini and near Repubblica. Staff was nice and attentive with excellent English. WiFi was available at no charge and was dependable. No fitness facility. Rooms were very large with high ceilings though very plain--you won't walk in and think, "Oh, this is so lovely". Plenty of closet space. The beds are very hard, only Italian tv stations, and no in-room coffee service. Bathroom was a good size and even came with a bidet! No 110v outlets so be sure to bring a converter. Breakfast had a good selection and rate came with breakfast which was nice. Coffee service is from a machine and only one of two were working. Overall, not on the higher end of Best Western properties, but a great value given the central location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here a few years ago on a special deal and though we didn't think the hotel was outstanding we were happy enough to return when we saw a new deal on it with our Avios. The hotel had previously been a bit scruffy and I imagined it would have further deteriorated in the interim - so it was a lovely surprise to find that it had had a makeover, and our new rooms were very smart: wooden floors, sleek Italianate wall coverings, very smart bathroom etc. No goodies in the fridge but we were free to stock it ourselves. We phoned down for a kettle and it was ready for us within minutes - with cups and tea bags and coffee sachets. We took two rooms - a single and a double - for three nights, and, with our avios, we paid just £365 for the whole stay. Breakfast was included but not great. Cheese, ham, bread, toaster, mediocre scrambled eggs, frankfurters, some fresh fruit, very nice yogurt, cakes, cream or jam filled croissants etc - I'm making it sound wonderful! - all the things you expect, but not of the standard of an Ibis (which does do a very good breakfast if you've never tried it).
The big plus point of this hotel is its location, right by the Piazza Republicca, and opposite the opera house. Good choice of restaurants nearby and walking distance from Termini station. The hotel staff were all very pleasant and organised a taxi (their own branded car) to take us back to Fiumicino at the same fixed price €48 that official Rome taxis charge for the journey. We were very happy customers.

Snohomish, Washington
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my mom. Compared to previous reviews, I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. They gave us directions to many places we wanted to visit on foot, helped us with metro directions, provided a European adapter when mine didn't work, brought up additional pillows, called us a cab and more. Breakfast was not great and the bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable. The hotel overall is just a basic hotel. Nothing that makes it exceptional, but nothing that would make me never stay again.

Stayed March 2014
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The location of the hotel is excellent near REPUBLIC PLACE , but the ranking of the hotel is to high comparing the the services they offer:
* very bad breakfast ( no choices at all ,, nothing for kids,,, just apple as fruits ,,juice is horrible !
* no equipment in the bathroom .
* no equipment in the room
* empty mini bar !!!!
* Very old bathroom,,, there is two tap one for the hot and one for the cold water and you must manipulate hardly to get the correct temperature !!! not easy to kids !!!
* No business center
* Very bad wifi access
* Only one cushion per person ( and not comfortable at all)
* No shampoo or conditioner or body lotion available in the rooms.

Room Tip: the rooms very noisy !
1 Thank Leila W

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Bxl
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked 2 double room with 1 child they charge me for a triple room
I but my car in the parking they change me 2 nights
80 euro

The breakfast very poor!!!!

They do not let ur visiter come to the room

They trying to steel ur money in many ways

Take care !!!!!!!!
It's
2 stars hotel not 4!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014