“Great hotel for a few nights in Rome”
Review of Lirico Hotel

Lirico Hotel
Ranked #213 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for a few nights in Rome”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a great time in Rome with hotel Lirico being in a great location. Lots of lovely restaurants nearby and easy access to Termini station and many of the local sites. Tony was a great help too, very friendly. Def recommend to couples or families

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
M R, Hotel Manager at Lirico Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Ms. Lauren,
thanks for your kind review!
We are pleased to know that you had nice stay, with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you next time, we express our warmest regards.

Hotel Lirico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Sat in hotel as I wright this , the room spacious clean large and high quality
The staff are friendly speak good English and offer all the help required
The breakfast is continental with a decent choice
The location is perfect for sightseeing and links via metro
Top marks here

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
M R, Hotel Manager at Lirico Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,
we thank you a lot , for your kind feedback - that we share with all staff.
It's a pleasure to know that your stay with us, was satisfactory.
Look forward to see you in future, we express our warmest regards.

Minehead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My Husband, Myself and My Daughter had a superb 4 night stay at the Lirico.
Room was spotlessly clean as was all the public areas. Clean towels every day. Comfortable beds, WiFi, sky TV and heating/air conditioning. There wasn't any tea making facilities but you could get a tea/coffee from the bar at any time.
The hotel served a good and varied breakfast.
The staff were all helpful, especially Tony who would recommend a nearby eatery, we were never disappointed Tony :)
all the front desk staff were very helpful and polite and all spoke superb English.
All in all I would happily recommend this hotel, all the main attractions of Rome are within walking distance. We will certainly be booking again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandra W
M R, Hotel Manager at Lirico Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Ms. Sandra W.,
many thanks for your kind review - we share with pleasure with all the staff!
It's pleasent to know, that you had a good stay with us.
We hope to see you in next occasion - in meantime let us express our warmest regards.

Sperryville, Virginia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed at the Lirico Hotel between trains for a short visit to Rome. Chose mainly for the location near the train station, but closer to the historic city center. We were pleased at the professional staff, the cleanliness and amenities, to include a great breakfast. It is well enough away from the train station activity, but close enough to roll your bags over and head out to adventure around Rome. It is also well served by nearby public transportation. We were pleased with the staff, everyone spoke English and they were really helpful and attentive. Our room had all the amenities you would expect, quality linens and plenty of storage, safe, etc. Would chose again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
M R, Proprietario at Lirico Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear guest,

First of all thank you very much for your good comment about your stay in our Hotel e the service we offered to you.
We know that we are not perfect but good reviews as your, will help us to improve our services for our guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you again we wish you all the best in your life.

P/c Hotel Lirico -. Massimo
co clare
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Where do I start... Firstly the stairs up to reception are hard to walk up with a huge suitcase. I stayed here with my college class and when we first notices these steps everyone was disgusted.
While we gathered at the door the "porter" came down. We all thought he would give us a help bringing the luggage up but he just stared at us, and for me personally it felt intimidating.
After we checked in we were directed to the elevator. It barely was able to take two people with suitcases.and and a few time i thought it was doing to break because the dodgy sounds and movement.
I had a single room and when I first opened the door I was disappointed. In a 3 start room there are normally tea/ coffee in the room itself and I was not happy when I noticed this. Also the air conditioning is in some need of a service as it wasn't cooling me down. In the room I stayed in (214) there was not view as I looked out the window I see the dirty walls on the inner rooms like mine and on a few occasions there was an awful smell .
The room was tiny, the wallpaper/ fabric is old fashioned but out of that the room was clean, there was not a spec of dust on the frames, tv or mirror.
Your staff members look like they hate their job due to the fact in the five days I have stayed here i haven't seen them smile once!! ... a smile wouldn't go far and it doesn't cost much,..
The whole class was disappointed with this hotel and me personally will not be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank chris s
M R, Proprietario at Lirico Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
We are very sorry to read your comment and I honestly do not seem to correspond to reality.
On all the websites mentioned that the reception is located on the 1st floor, in addition, the porter came down to help your group to carry your luggage (as we do with all our customers) but was told him that, since a lot of luggage , the boys would have personally carried them in the own rooms.
The single room is the smallest we have but with a double bed and not a single bed, also only 4 rooms of our hotel overlook the inside, and among them your room.
However, we do not want to debate, but we believe that other existing reviews on the net are the best response to your comment really too exaggerated.
We are sure that in your next trip to Rome you will find a better service.

P/c Hotel Lirico - M. Restagno
Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had a 6 day pleasant stay with great service and very good breakfast!!!
Hotel was very clean and is located in a good (close to metro Termini & Republica) and quiet place. All monuments are 15-20 minutes on foot from hotel.
I am proposing this hotel to all visitors of Rome.

Thank you Hotel Lirico for the pleasant stay that i had with my friends!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
M R, Hotel Manager at Lirico Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,
we are glad to know that you had a pleasent stay, with us!
Looking forward to see you in next occasion - we express our kind regards,
and we remind to contact us directly, to always have a better rates.
Tanks, again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stumbled con this place years ago. Been to it 2 times since. Originally It was a blind booking made mostly on price and location. It was a pleasure to arrive at a small hotel but that was working to a very high standard of decoration and quality of service. Rooms a clean but a little small. Very good location, with a superb pizza house over the road. 10-15 min walk to Spanish steps and then onto usual popular stops. From this hotel we pretty much saw all the main sights on foot, so it is a superb base. Mega value for money and all in all number one on my list. It has been a while since used, but I always give the number to anyone who is planning a trip. My last friend that took my tip was very happy.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
M R, Hotel Manager at Lirico Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Mr. Jonathan,
thank you for your review, much appreciated - and many thanks for recommending our hotel
to its friends -
We try to do our best, to offer good service at the right price.
We hope to see you next time, in meantime we send a warmest regards.