“Terrible, terrible restaurant”

Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Terrible, terrible restaurant”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

After a long day, we were coaxed in by a waiter and thought it couldn't be so bad to eat here. I mean how bad could pasta be? Terrible, is the answer.

The waiter, who wasn't Italian just like the rest of the workers in the restaurant, was extremely rude. He kept walking away while we were trying to order to try to coerce people in off the street. When he returned to take our order he never apologized - although he'd walked away quite a few times.

We ordered antipasti all'italiana which was some luncheon meat and sawn-off chunks of mature cheddar for about 12 Euros. It did have some 2 small slices of nice salami on it, however, so I can't give it the worst review. We also ordered gnocchi with tomato sauce and bolognese lasagne.

We waited quite a long time for the food and was surprised that what came out had took so long.

The gnocchi was the worst I have ever tried. The gnocchi pieces themselves were OK. Not cooked perfectly, but edible. But the sauce was terrible. Dog food. Microwaved. Canned. Processed, over-reduced. Lumpy.

The lasagne I'm told tasted alright, but was STONE COLD in the middle. I wouldn't have minded waiting so long, but for cold food? Why are they trying to get anyone off the street if they can't manage the customers they do have? Everyone eating there looked miserable.

At the end, one of the waiters came to ask my sister out for drinks. Later, another one came over to try to ask us out for drinks and the original waiter said loudly in Italian to him (as if we couldn't understand) that "these two aren't interested". Just a bit disrespecful!

You may be tempted to come here for cheap eats, but it really isn't that cheap when you think about it. A redeeeming feature could be that it is a handy area and the general atmosphere of the street is busy, it's nice that they have outdoor seating.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
“Avoid”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Randomly stopped by on our way to the hotel without checking Tripadvisor first. Big mistake.

Bad food, terrible service, waiters destroy any kind of outdoor seating ambiance by soliciting people in front of the restaurant....Felt like a bazaar. Completely unauthentic, tourist trap experience.

As many reviews mentioned, waiters are more concerned with standing outside soliciting passer-by's to come in, than actually serving those already seated. When I asked for the check, he just gave a gesture to just wait, dont go yet (meaning, they need place to look busy). Waiters were running around angry because restaurant across was "stealing" the passing clients.

We only ordered calamari and prosciutto/mozzarella. The worst mozzarella we had on our whole trip, and prosciutto still had blood in it and didn't look fresh.

Avoid this place, there are alot of better options in the area. Go to AL 34 or even Numbs just around the corner.

• Visited August 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Ghastly”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

No pressure to enter. Looked clean. Just forgot to look it upon Tripadvisor. Beefsteak was a freezer burnt millimeter thick grey thing. Hamburger was a grease filled grey thing. My husband ate his spaghetti, my daughter ate her tagliatelle but we ate and ran. Awful, awful, awful. Don't go there. Please.

• Visited August 2013
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Absolutely wonderful and fun!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had such a good time at Fior Fiore that we ate there every chance we had and can't wait to return to Italy to visit them again. The wait staff was fun and entertaining, personable and eager to please. We felt lime we were eating with family. The second time we dined there the waiter recognized us and trusted us like special guests. Love Fior Fiore, the food was amazing. Can't wait to go back. We loved the casual atmosphere and friendliness that was offered. When in Rome near the Spanish Steps visit Fior Fiore. The food is Devine and friendly casual atmosphere is sure to make your stay memorable.

• Visited October 2012
Porto, Portugal
“Birra, Cerveja, Beer”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

What a disapointing. I asked for a small beer and my wife a medium beer. They brought me a 0,5L and for my wife a 1 Litre beer. I said it was to much, they said it cannot be returned. Final payment: 20 euro!!!

Visited July 2013