It's difficult to find anything to complain about after staying at the Hotel Artemide. However, it's equally difficult to find anything to justify a 2nd visit. To summarize, this is the essence of our stay:
- Waiting in our room upon arrival was a complimentary bottle of Italian red wine with compliments from the hotel manager as we had informed the hotel that this was our anniversary (nice touch, appreciated).
- Free WiFi and minibar are also appreciated, beats some other European hotels (I've been charged up to £15/day for internet access).
- Upon arrival we discovered that the drain in the bathroom sink appeared to be clogged. We informed the receptionist before going out for a walk, and came back to find everything in order.
- The bathroom was very nice - spacious and with the combined shower/bathtub you're hoping for when you see the pictures on their website.
- Service was good, can't complain, can't say we were amazed either. One of the bell boys and one of the receptionists (young guy who tipped us on local markets) stood out a bit from the rest.
- Beds were ok, from reviews of other hotels they seem to have been the usual Italian kind.
- Breakfast, which has been raved about in other reviews, was unfortunately also just ok. The selection was adequate, the quality was ok, but it didn't live up to our expectations as it seemed to be a high point of this hotel judging from other reviews.
- The location isn't bad, but not ideal if you wish to mainly be walking between the different sights. About 10 minutes from Termini, 10-15 minutes from the Fontana di Trevi, 15-20 minutes from most other sights like Piazza Navona, Piazza di Spagna etc.
The not so good
- The TV in the room (yes, it's a minor detail) suffered from an incredibly long latency.
All in all we had a pleasant stay, but for the price (approximately €250/night for a double room) there was the expectation of something to make it stand out a bit from the rest, unfortunately we didn't find that at Hotel Artemide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Artemide, your 4-star hotel in downtown Rome! Just a stone's throw away from the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum or the Spanish Steps, Artemide is right in the heart of Via Nazionale, a lively and bright street, with plenty of shops to choose from. Within walking distance of Termini Train Station and with the metro station Repubblica at just 100 metres, the Artemide Hotel is the perfect starting point for discovering the Eternal City. Free mini-bar and wi-fi connection in every room, and a fully-equipped gym are just some of the perks we offer our guests. Also, make sure not to miss the Artemís Spa to dedicate a moment for your well-being and enjoy individual or couples massages. And to complete the experience, don't miss the Ambrosia Rooftop Restaurant & Bar, on the 7th floor of the hotel, with its magnificent view over the Rome' skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Artemide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Artemide Rome