Hotel Artemide
US$953
US$469
  • Restaurant
7,243 results
All reviewsthe free mini barrooftop restaurantvia nazionalehoneymoon suiterestocked dailybruschettawithin walking distanceexcellent hoteltrevi fountaincomplimentary bottle of winewelcome drinkpastriesbreakfast buffetspanish stepsbusy streetwould highly recommend this hoteltrain station
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Chose this hotel for a 5 night stay based on Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. Location was great - within walking distance of all the major sights. Family room was a good size, beds were comfortable. Free wifi and mini bar were nice. Breakfast very good. Couldn't ask for any more.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2011

A great hotel - perfect for our holiday in Rome. Location is spectacular with most sights in easily walkable distance. The family room we had was great - really spacious and a separate area for the children which was great! The jacuzzi in the bath was welcome after a long day's sightseeing! The rooftop bar was a must every either for a wind-down beer or a pre dinner prosecco. Our room was on the road side, but the fabulous view more than compensated for the slight traffic noise. Plus - fantastic location for shopping! Ladies can venture out and spend more than you can imagine in a very small amount of time while the boys chillax in front of the TV! Breakfast was fantastic - so much choice that just added to the ever expanding waistlines! We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the via nazionale side are a must for a feeling of the real Rome!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Me and my family decided to visit Rome this summer so we stayed here! It's located very close to the main train and bus station on the Via Nazionale, a main road in Rome - beware as it's extremely busy and the way they drive in Rome is crazy! Via Nazionale is full of shops and restaurants and most importantly for me, it's within walking distance of most sites in Rome. Me and the family walked everywhere except to the Vatican (we went on the underground which is really easy to use since there's only two lines) and to the Piazza Navona (we got a bus).

The hotel itself is lovely, clean and cool (which is very important when you're visiting in summer :P). A lovely member of staff took our bags up to the room for us and showed us how to use everything in our rooms, like slotting in the card to activate the air-con. The rooms were nice and comfy with free mini-bars (I find this is quite a rarity in European hotels as everyone I've been in so far has charged me for everything, even bottled water) and a lot of free soaps/body lotions etc. I had a problem with the kettle in my room but it was solved immediately by a staff member, who was really helpful and friendly. :)

The food at Hotel Artemide was excellent - we never stayed in to eat as there were so many great restaurants nearby, but the breakfast was fabulous (especially italian bread with the scrambled eggs!) and occasionally me and the family would come back after a long days sight seeing and sit on the roof-top bar and order some drinks with a sandwich platter which came very quickly with a free bowl of crisps. Great service!

Overall, I highly recommend Hotel Artemide if you choose to visit Rome. :D

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a long weekend break to celebrate our wedding anniversary - this hotel is great value for money, very clean and the staff and very helpful. The free mini bar was a plus but don't expect anything amazing. The roof gardem made it for me, after a busy day it was lovely to have somewhere peaceful to go (I found even with the restuarants you would tend to be sat out on a fairly main road unless you were prepared to go quite far afield) and the food was great - pricey but no more so than any other restaurant in Rome
Colosseum and The Vatican are the obvious attractions but did involve alot of queuing - with hindsight I would buy my tickets online, for a small booking charge you get to jump alot of the queues apart from the security checks at The Vatican. If you want to go to the Sistine chapel you would need to but a ticket for the Vatican museams (I didn't think this was clear but maybe it was just me!)
The Colosseum queues were very disorganised and it also wasn't clear that if you spend an extra 5 euro per ticket you can get a tour guide which we didn't particularly want but you get to down to the basements, onto the false arena floor up to the third level which you don't get to do with a normal ticket

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This was an AMAZING Hotel and to sum it up, I have nothing negative to say.
The hotel was very near the train station and was also close to our tour bus stop not to mention a ‘healthy’ walking distance to the colosseum, which we stumbled onto on a night stroll on our first night. It was a whole is kept in good condition. The rooms were neat and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and kept clean (the hair dryer overheats and stops to cool after a while). The BONUS was the complementary mini-bar restocked daily with cool drinks, water and local beer all completely free.
The daily breakfast had a large variety (I am a vegetarian and I was catered for)
The staff was friendly and helpful, even when it came down to marking places on the map and advising on the intricacies of taking a train to other towns.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple