“Perfect location”

Ranked #9 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here over valentines weekend. The location is excellent for lots of places of interest, ie Trevi Fountain,within walking distance and is located near to the main train station and metro underground for any further afield travels. Cannot fault the hotel on their top rate service and attention to detail. Free mini bar topped up daily with beer, soft drinks and snacks daily was a lovely touch. The buffet breakfast was of a high standard with plenty of choice and they were quite happy to make myself a lovely omelette one day. The rooms are of a very good standard, we had a superior room at the front of the hotel large comfy memory foam super king bed with a choice of pillows. Although they advertise soundproof windows the street noise is quite considerable so you would need ear plugs! Also there is no air conditioning which was not a problem for us at this time of year but in summer I should imagine not so good especially as you could not possibly sleep with the windows open. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we are sure when we return to Rome we will definitely stay in this hotel but request a room at the rear.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear would be quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sue S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,041)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights before a Mediterranean Cruise from January 5 to 7. We chose this hotel for it's location which is central to all the ancient sites. There is great shopping on the streets around the hotel as well. We walked everywhere and never used public transportion or cabs. I found the hotel to be beautiful, clean and very well maintained. The breakfast buffet was the best I had ever had. The well dressed staffed treated every guest with a smile and friendly and welcoming warmth. The food was abundant and had lots of choice both hot and cold. Coffee was brewed for each person idividually. The staff were exceptional; friendly, welcoming and displayed a genuine interest in each guest. I wanted to phone to change a tour I had booked and the front desk person asked if I wanted them to call on my behalf. The mini bar was free daily and included wine, beer, water and some snacks. Very thoughtful. We received and email in advance of our arrival as a reminder and welcom to Rome. We also received a post stay email making sure our stay was enjoyable. We stayed for 3 nights and received a 50% room rate discount. I would recommend this hotel for location, service quality, amenities and Value for Money. I loved our stay at this hotel and will make this our "home base" on our next trip to Rome.

Room Tip: All he roons are great so I would base my room request on an acceptalbe price.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2ofUsWander
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here one night (12JAN2014) and it was phenomenal! I'm a fan of amenities over views, and this hotel was perfect. Checked in, bellhop immediately grabbed our bags, and we were given two free drinks at the rooftop bar! Room was of decent size, and we had a memory-foam king-size bed! Marble tile bathroom, fantastic water pressure, bath sheets for towels, good bath products.

Free minibar! That included 2 beers, a Coca-Cola, a Fanta, 2 bottles of still water, and 2 bottles of sparkling water. And almonds and peanuts. Free coffee in the room as well.

The hotel is on Via Nazionale, which puts it within walking distance of Trevi Fountain and all the other sights of Rome.

We happened to snag this via an Orbitz deal (100 Euro!!!) but it's actually worth the normal 200 Euro price, based on amenities and location. I would pay full price to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sunil H
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is our third stay at this hotel and we have always been satisfied. The location is good and not far from train station. I liked everything in this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, speaking perfect English (the guy Paolo helped me a lot, as well as the others, sorry, didn't ask your names:)). The rooms are new and very clean. The location is comfortable for sightseeing and coming from/to airport. Two stations of metro are very close, one of them - Termini - is on the intersection of two lines, which makes it easy to go anywhere by metro. However, due to location, you do not really need to use transport for walking around center. Almost everything interesting is on walking distance. Going on feet to Vatican took me around 1 hour - not that far as well. The breakfast was good, but nothing special. Wi-Fi was sometimes hard to connect, but was always possible to find the proper place in the room. The room was very clean during all days. Best value for money I could wish for. Totally will recommend to friends and stay there the next time I come.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ferdinand B
Tuticorin, India
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on my way back from Florence. It was normal hotel with basic Facility. The room was average size, not spacious, but ok for 1 person. Room was clean and Neat. Had all the basic facility. Mini Bar was complimentary which is a special. Cofee maker etc.

Break fas was good with many varities.

The hotel staff was excellent. Very Polite and helpful. He booked a nice day tour to Vatican city and Colloseum. Satff was very friendly

Hotel was in the centre of Rome. Walkable distance to most of restaurant and Terminus.

Would recommend to others

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Princeton1972
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had a triple room which is a challenge in many European hotels. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was super friendly and helpful. We especially enjoyed the host in the breakfast room. There was plenty to choose from at the breakfast buffet and a great coffee service.
Loved the free in room mini bar.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathleen B
Los Angeles
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

The Hotel Artemide was an amazing choice for our 4 night stay in Rome. The location couldn't be better and the rooms were spacious and well kept. Ten minutes to the coliseum and 15 to Trevi Fountain( that I recommend you see at night!). The staff was pleasant and the refilling of the mini bar was greatly appreciated!! Having the rooftop bar was a plus. My boyfriend and I had dinner up there the last night. Honestly, I was not impressed with our dinners, but the minestrone soup was delish! I suggest going up there for a drink and their minestrone soup and enjoy the view!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple