This really was a very good hotel and we have stayed in many around Europe. This was our 20th wedding anniversary so we wanted a decent base for our family (us and the two kids).
I think it may be particularly suited to 'travellers' who need a bit of extra support with being abroad: e.g. language, booking tickets, getting to and from the airport and to and from various sites.
However, if you are a little more independent, they staff are unobtrusive and friendly.
There were many positive points:
- the rooms were exceptionally clean with good facilities
- the rooms were cleaned very well every day
- the staff were always polite and helpful
- the bar staff and breakfast staff were always smiling and friendly
- a lovely roof terrace
- helpful free minibar
- the location of the hotel: a very easy 10-15 mins walk toTermini station; located a few mins away from a metro from which it is easy to access the Vatican; buses on your doorstep (no.64) that went very near to Campo di Fiore/Piazza Navona; 15-20 mins walk through Monti to the coliseum; 20 mins walk to the top of the Spanish steps down Via delle Quattro Fontane/Via Sistine
- the fantastic Monti area just down the road with lots of bars and restaurants
Only one slight point for me was the noise from the road. It didn't bother the others but as a light sleeper, I had to use ear plugs. Ear plugs (bought at the Faramcia across the road for 3 euros) overcame the problem so perhaps the hotel could have some available for guests. There are thick curtains on the double glazed windows but they don't meet in the middle (the slighter brown ones underneath do) and this may have helped muffle the noise too.
However, in the day time, it was actually nice to sit with the terrace windows open and hear the noise and bustle from the street so I wouldn't let that put you off from a front facing suite if you are high up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Artemide, your 4-star hotel in downtown Rome! Just a stone's throw away from the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum or the Spanish Steps, Artemide is right in the heart of Via Nazionale, a lively and bright street, with plenty of shops to choose from. Within walking distance of Termini Train Station and with the metro station Repubblica at just 100 metres, the Artemide Hotel is the perfect starting point for discovering the Eternal City. Free mini-bar and wi-fi connection in every room, and a fully-equipped gym are just some of the perks we offer our guests. Also, make sure not to miss the Artemís Spa to dedicate a moment for your well-being and enjoy individual or couples massages. And to complete the experience, don't miss the Ambrosia Rooftop Restaurant & Bar, on the 7th floor of the hotel, with its magnificent view over the Rome' skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Artemide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Artemide Rome