“Just OK”
Review of Hotel Artemide

Hotel Artemide
Ranked #8 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 2 September 2014

For one of the top 10 hotels in Rome, we were a bit disappointed. The room was fine; the staff were friendly enough, but nothing stood out to really WOW us. It was just smother small, expensive hotel room!

It wasn't near any of the main sites...the positives, I have to say, are that it was quiet and was close to the Metro Station which we used a lot.

If you're on the fence, get one near the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon or Collesseum; I think I would have enjoyed it much more.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sheri L
RomeGR, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Artemide, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Madame,

We are sorry that your experience in our property has left you with an overall feeling of disappointment.

Unfortunately we cannot locate your reservation therefore cannot even recall any particular interaction we had with you during your stay and so understand what might have gone wrong that has affected so much your experience.

From your words it really seems that you did not have any particular issue with hotel except the fact that you found the room to be small and expensive or that we were not located in another area in Rome.

As for the room being small, we can only assume that you had booked our Basic Room category which is in fact the smallest available at our property. We are sorry that you were disappointed by your choice. We can only once more underline that all our rooms sold on the internet have a full description and show clear pictures of their setting. As for the rate, we can confirm that September is one of the most expensive periods in Rome, therefore all our rates, and of most hotels in our category and area, reflect this.

Regarding now our location, we are sorry that you were surprised by the fact that we were not situated next to the Colloseum or near the Pantheon. We clearly show our position on a map and all guests may brows it before booking to better understand where we are. However, we can confirm that most guests seem still very pleased about the vicinity to certain tourist spots, including the Colloseum (20 minutes on foot) and Spanish Step/Trevi Fountain (10 minutes walk away). As you well said, our position also offers the possibility to use the underground which stops 2 streets away and many buses to tour the city.

We understand that probably you would have chosen a different type of hotel closer to areas of your interest; we hope that next time you will be in Rome you will find an accommodation more suitable for your needs.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed at Artemide during August and have only great things to say. The hotel is located a short walk from the main train station in Rome and is relatively central to many of the attractions in / around Rome. Our room and the majority of the hotel was recently renovated and looked very sharp. Our room included breakfast and we were very impressed by the breakfast served at the hotel. Some very good "hot" options and a great selection. Staff at the front desk were very helpful with dinner reservations with several great options nearby. The hotel's rooftop restaurant is also worth checking out. Nice view worth dinner at sunset and great food. Would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Some rooms front onto Via Nationale which can be loud. We stayed in a room on the 6th floor that ha...
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I recently stayed at the Artemide Hotel with my family for a short holiday in Rome. The hotel is excellent in all respects in a very good location. The staff are very friendly and helpful (including answering my emails very promptly before we arrived). The rooms are excellent, the breakfast good and the rooftop bar is a great place to relax in. I frequently work away from home which requires a lot of hotel stays. I wish they could all be to the standard of the Artemide.

Room Tip: The Superior rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Philip D
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We booked a 3 night stay in a triple room at the Hotel Artemide based on the reviews on this site and we are so glad we did. From the moment we were picked up from the airport (a transfer booked by the hotel at cost of 60 euros) we were greeted with a friendly and helpful driver. We arrived at the hotel in less than 30-40 minutes and were then greeted by a helpful and friendly porter. The hotel entrance is spacious, clean and charming. The front desk personnel were just as helpful and checked us in relatively quickly and also gave us the Free wifi code for the hotel - this was great and so helpful during our stay.

Our room was on the third floor and over looked the main road - Via Nazionale. Our room was a triple room with a double bed and sofa bed separated by sliding doors. The hotel was recently refurbished and our room had a luxurious feel. The FREE minibar came in useful after long days site seeing and although the room had air conditioning we found the room temperature comfortable. The beds were really comfortable too and the bathroom was clean with fresh linens and towels everyday.

The breakfast was fresh and had a good selection of foods particularly pancakes, pastries, fresh fruits & juices as well as scrambled eggs, toast, cereal etc. You won't go hungry.

The hotel is located quite centrally and walking distance from the Trevi fountain, The Pantheon, Piazza Navona and the Colosseum. The Republica metro station is 2mins walk away for further sites such as the Vatican.

Overall this was our first time in Rome and the Hotel Artemide was the best decision. We have gone away with great memories of Rome.

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a view and were given a room over looking the main road, which was nice for...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank flr85
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Great hotel in a very central location. Very helpful & friendly staff, our room was fairly small but perfectly formed with an excellent bathroom and a free minibar. Breakfast was very good and the rooftop bar was wonderfully relaxing and cool in the evening. If I'm ever back in Rome I shall stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank Angela W
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel following our 8 day tour from Rome to Venice. Artemide Hotel was a perfect place to stay - especially for the price. Our tour included 4 and 5 star hotels - although they were nice if we were to return again to Rome Artemide is where we would stay!

Front desk staff is terrific! Breakfast buffet had something for everyone and the hotel location allowed us to walk to most sights.

Our room - deluxe triple was recently refurbished and clean but small. Size didn't really matter as we were never in the room except to sleep.

Rooftop restaurant was a bonus as we had dinner there on our first night after traveling from venice. Everyone enjoyed their meal.

Transfer to airport arranged by the front desk was perfect way to end our trip hassle free!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank mm126NY
Reviewed 31 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Artemide Hotel during a recent vacation in Rome. We stayed for six nights -- I think that is more than enough time to decide on how much you like a hotel. Starting off with Rosa at the front desk. Rosa helped us check in -- she was all smiles and incredibly excited to help us explore the city. She marked up some of the places on a map that she thought we would enjoy visiting. I saw her EVERY TIME I left or returned to the hotel and she always had a friendly smile. She was always happy to assist us with anything we needed to make our stay more comfortable.

When you check in you receive a card for a complimentary coffee or alcohol as a welcome treat. We never got around to using our but we thought it was such a nice touch.

On to the rooms -- my boyfriend and I had no problems with the size of the room. Yes it is a bit small compared to rooms in the United States however the Artemide website clearly states this fact and actually encourages one to pick a room that is a step up from their "regular size" rooms -- which is exactly what we did. We felt the room was just fine for all the we had and honestly there are so many incredible things about the hotel that made the room size a non-issue. I intentionally asked for a room that is away from all the noise so yes we had a very quiet room which we enjoyed. We didn't bother to look out our window as the view didn't matter at all - we basically spent most our time sight-seeing and didn't come to Rome to "look out a hotel window"

The mini bar is stocked with free water, beer, soda, juice, cookies, cracker, wafers -- daily. YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT - I wrote DAILY and FREE. This is not common in American hotels. The day we arrived we weren't sure it was free and asked a few times before we felt comfortable that we wouldn't end up with a big bill at the end of our stay. Honestly this was very refreshing. It was so hot outside that after our daily walks around the city, it was nice to have something to snack on before dinner. We absolutely loved this! There is also free coffee and tea in the room.

The bathroom was spacious and incredibly clean. We didn't have any plumbing problems or issues with the water temp or pressures. Also there are two options for shower (shower heads) which was really nice. We sort of opted for an every-other-day room-cleaning and we had no problems with that. They did a great job cleaning/tidying the room and replenishing whatever we needed. They left candy on our pillows with a note. There is no iron in the room but if you call downstairs you can have an iron sent up to you. You sign for it and return it when you're done. I'm used to having irons in the room but honestly, it wasn't a huge deal.

AIR CONDITIONING - This is a huge deal for me. Having stayed at a few places in Europe without air conditioning in the summer (Coming from the States where AC comes with every room, it didn't occur to me to ask about AC before getting a hotel room). I contacted Artemide Hotel ahead of time to make sure that there will be air-conditioning. For some of you reading this, it might not sound important but let me tell you when you've spent all day in the heat, all you want is a nice shower and the ability to relax in a cool room. Our room had a very quiet air conditioner that worked flawlessly. We controlled the settings (this was also a must for me).

They have a very nice, slick modern elevator that is very clean and fast. We didn't have to worry about carrying our luggage up any stairs to the 3rd floor.

The hotel is located in a very vibrant area right in the city and a walking distance to several restaurants and it is close to the Repubblica train stop. We caught the Leonard Express from the airport and walked from the train stop to the hotel. We decided to take a car to the airport when we were leaving and I highly recommend this if you have a few luggage as it is much more convenient. For 50 Euro (2 people with 4 luggage including tip), we thought it was well worth it. The hotel arranged a Mercedes to take up to the airport - perfect

The hotel has a swanky restaurant which is convenient located on the 7th floor. We ate there once and had very delicious food. Excellent service. Beautiful decor. Waiters are very professional. Need a reservation for it. There is a fitness room and a beautiful spa which we didn't get around to using as we spent our time walking around the city but the spa is beautiful -- I would likely check it out next time I'm there.

Now on to what I really want to write about -- THE BREAKFAST. We opted to have breakfast included in our hotel stay package. This was easily the breakfast buffet with the best selection that I've ever seen. We were greeted by the breakfast manager (or some one filling his role when he wasn't there) every morning and he would find us a seat. We would also be asked if we want coffee and/or cappuccino - which would get sent to our table. The seating is such that you can choose to sit in the open or in a quieter area. During breakfast you have the most beautiful and a lot of times some classical music playing in the background (instrumental). The selection included but not limited to eggs, veggie quiche, bacon, sausage, different types of bread, beans, mushrooms, yogurt, fruits, pancakes, different types of cereal including two different types of granola cereal, milk, tea, different selections for fresh fruit juice, several different fruits, pastries, different types of cheese. Every single day one of the waiters came around and offered us ricotta cheese, cappuccino and pastry of the day. I don't remember his name but he was just so happy and you could tell that he absolutely enjoys sharing the food and wants us to try whatever he was serving. As you eat, dirty plates are cleaned up as the meal continues. Honestly this was the best way to start the day and we never felt the need to leave the hotel for breakfast.

I have never written a review this long but I felt like the staff at hotel Artemide took such excellent care of my boyfriend and I -- that I feel compelled to let everyone know what an incredible place it is. This was our first time in Rome and we had the most amazing time -- I know that whenever I return to visit I will simply go back there and not bother to check out any other hotel. We had absolutely nothing to complain about and my guess is that if any problem they would've addressed it as quickly as possible. They really made us feel at home. I can't rave about this place enough and welcome anyone with questions to feel free to contact me. I deliberately decided not to include pictures as I feel like the pictures that are already on the tripadvisor site is an excellent representative of what I saw during my visit.

Room Tip: I was in 309A. I wanted a room away from the noise in order to ensure a quiet place. That is exactly...
8  Thank Imo A