“Fantastic hotel.”

Ranked #9 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Wales, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel.”
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Stayed at the Artemide in February for five days. It was a fantastic hotel and definetly four star. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Good points:
-Amazing continetal and cooked breakfast with yummy pastries.
-As we travelled through the night we wanted to sleep in the day and it was very quiet to do this and the curtains blacked out any light.
-Location was good and not far from all attractions and tube station although we walked everywhere.
-Stocked mini bar every day which was free.

Bad points:
-We didnt have a good view from our room but this didnt bother us.
-The maid did forget to leave us toilet roll one day but we rang reception who brought some right away.
-Price of drinks in the hotel was expensive but expected. 10 euros for a vodka and orange juice.

Would definetly recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,035)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I planned the trip to Rome as a surprise for my husband's 50th birthday and the hotel lived up to my expectations having read the reviews. We arrived early thinking we would not be able to check in but our room had already been prepared and we were quickly taken to it . The room itself was spotlessly clean and comfortable. It wasn't huge but big enough with ample clothes space. Our room was at the back of the hotel so was very quiet. The hotel's location was perfect for us. Well within walking distance of the major sites and with the metro just up the road we were able to get to where we wanted very quickly.
The hotel reception staff were very helpful - no hestiation in making a reservation at Galleria Borghese for us when we enquired about it. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. We loved the roof terrace - great to relax and have a refreshing drink after a long day of sightseeing and watch the sunset over St Peters.

Crete
Reviewed 26 August 2009

The Artemide Hotel was the perfect place to stay for our first visit to Rome.
I chose it because it was the first hotel I have ever seen with so many 5/5 reviews and I was not disappointed. You can get a cheaper place but this hotel is worth the extra price!
The location is very good, close to the underground and many of the tourist sites are within walking distance. Excellent Italian restaurants and good shops
within a 100 metres of the hotel!
Service at this hotel were second to none, attentive, but not intrusive and make you feel very welcome.
Very nice room, superb in terms of space, facilities and cleanliness, free Wi-Fi, Free Internet facilities in the lobby, we had breakfast at the hotel during our 5 day stay and there was an excellent choice.
Overall an excellent experience and cannot recommend the hotel highly enough !

Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Everything about our stay at this hotel was positively wonderful, from the convenient location near the Metro to the well-appointed bathroom. My ONLY gripe is that it was August, it was hot, and although we cranked the a/c down to 19 C, it never made it below 24 C, and actually started rising when we returned to the room. If we go again in January, I'd definitely stay here again, otherwise I'm scouting for somewhere with a better air conditioner!

Yorkshire
Reviewed 21 August 2009

My first review!! And wow.. what a start. I took my mum to Rome as I wanted to show her how much I loved her. We had a very rocky start.... My mum hasn't been abroad much and when we arrived at the airport and travelled to the Termini - we were shocked to see so much graffitti!! ... It was so busy and hot. We got the hotel late - we got lost and oh my.. The hotel couldn't do enough for us. We were tired and stressed.. We got the free mini bar... complimentary free drink on the terrace bar. The staff were so so friendly. We asked for help with the kettle to THE CLEANER (first person we saw one morning) Within minutes she solved our problem and it wasn't really her job to do so!!! The breakfast area is the cleanest I have ever known... All staff made effort to speak as much English. They helped us with travelling about (as we continued to keep gettting lost!) And if there is one thing I would truely recommend is the taxi to the airport. It's pricier at 45 euros, but it arrived 30 minutes earlier and was air conditioned merc!!!! I swear it was most comfortable ride. The hotel made our bed on first evening - leaving sweets and saying goodnight.

It was the little touches that made the holiday. My mum is the kind of lady that KNOWS good service and she was blown away with the hotel. If I come back to Rome, I wouldn't consider another hotel. They make you feel welcome - even e mailing us to say they hoped we had a safe journey home.

This hotel is by no means the cheapest.. But is very much worth it..

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gilly1981
Ocean, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 August 2009

This hotel was a great end to my nearly month long trip to Europe. Staff was very helpful and friendly, the room was large and clean, and the hotel was located in a great section of Rome that provided easy access to tourist sites. Can’t go wrong staying here!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
USA
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Overall I loved the hotel and its location; although I was not thrilled about being awakened by the maid daily around 6:30 am. I finally had to open the door and say something to her because she was so unbelievably loud and inconsiderate. Aside from that, we enjoyed our stay. Be sure to request a room far from housekeeping's storage area!!! Housekeeping excluded, all staff was very helpful, especially with recommendations for tours, restaurants, etc. A lot to see in Rome so give yourself at least 5 days, 4 minimum.

• Stayed August 2009