“Great!”

Ranked #9 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Melbourne, Australia
“Great!”
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Artemide is a really good 4 star hotel in a good location in Rome. The front desk staff were very helpful and professional - it was the best tip during our stay in Rome to get the Vatican tickets in advance, when we arrived in Vatican the next day and could skip the very very long queue, we were very grateful! The room was spacious and elegant, no shabby chic here! The breakfast also was very good. The only reason we took off one point is our lunch experience. The guy on the roof in charge of the restaurant wasn’t very interested in his job at all! He kept disappearing and we had to wait for very long indeed to get the food ordered. I ordered beef which was meant to come with potatoes. I was brought beef with few salad leaves, when I queried the whereabouts of the potatoes, the waiter said he thinks the kitchen ran out of them!!! We finally got the potatoes when we were long finished with our food! It was a comedy on the roof. Stay in the hotel but find somewhere else to eat!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MickeySydney
HotelArtemide, Direttore at Hotel Artemide, responded to this review, 7 November 2010
We would like to thank the guests for their comment. It is an established policy of our hotel that we consider all reviews with great care and especialy the negative ones.
The guests’ remarks about the lunch experience have been dealt with immediately. The investigation that followed lead to a disciplinary action towards the waiter who provided such an unacceptable service.
We at the Artemide are committed to our guests satisfaction and we follow very strict policy in order to provide the best service to our guests. An incident as the one described by the guests in this review should never happen. I discussed this issue with the F&B Manager to understand where we failed and measures have been taken in order that any such incident will never happen in the future. My staff and I will always do our besto the make the Artemide experience an unforgettable one regarding all services provided to the guest.
I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologize to the guests.
Ms. Loredana Spaltro, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,045)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Our stay at the Artemide was an absolute pleasure from start to finish - every service was performed with great generosity and attention to detail, from house-keeping to concierge.

3 Thank wimcee
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 October 2010

What a lovely hotel cute and charming! Our room were very spacious and clean, the shower was a bit small but the rest of the room was great! The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful! The location of the hotel is in the center walking distance to most major sites, the metro is 2 min walk from the hotel so you can take metro everywhere as well. The metro ride to the vatican is about fifteen minuets! I would definitley stay at this hotel again!

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 21 October 2010

The Artemide Hotel is a great hotel for the price. The location is fabulous - with a pair of good walking shoes, the sites of Rome are at your disposal. I would recommend taking a cab or public transportation only to the Vatican.

Although I personally did not have many questions about tourist sites and access thereto, I overheard many others asking the staff questions. The responses they received seemed to be very informative and helpful.

In addition, the service at the Hotel was really great. We arranged for an airport transfer, which worked out great. My husband's "extra pillow" demands were met quickly. And, when I forgot some items of clothing in the closet, the Hotel staff rounded them up and sent them to my home. Honestly, I was shocked at this level of service.

I would recommend this hotel whole-heartedly to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank World_Traveller_0070
New England
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I travel extensively for business and rarely does a hotel exceed my expectations. The Artemide is the one exception. We were in Rome traveling with teenage daughters, coincidentally on my birthday, when the bellman rang our door, sang happy birthday, and delivered a bottle of Italian wine for my enjoyment. Apparently when we checked in, the hotel staff noticed by birthday from my passort. Everything about this hotel was confortable, clean, great food and location within walking distance to major attractions.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Lovely 4 star hotel in a great location, particularly if you like walking and easy access to Rome's underground metro links. Rooms were nicely presented with a generous size bathroom. Really enjoyed the free mini bar too :)
Had breakfast the once - lots of variety including cooked (such as eggs and bacon) and many cereals and fruit were also available. The hotel also has a rooftop bar, but it wasn't open during our stay. There is one about 50 metres away from the hotel (turn right as you come out of the hotel entrance), which we went into and enjoyed a free drink and buffet food!
This was our first visit to Rome, but we only explored the main locations. Vatican City is a must (where you can also send a postcard to someone back home), the food is amazing (especially at the restaurants within the Cavour area) and the Colosseum will definately take your breath away! (Oh and not forgetting the Trevi Fountains, Piazza Navona and the Spanish Steps of course). We were also fortunate enough to go watch AS Roma win at their home football ground!
Overall, Rome is a beautiful city with so much to offer...you will not see everything on your first visit! I definately recommend the Artemide hotel and would stay here again should I be fortunate to return to Rome in the future.

2 Thank fabulous_lottie
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 October 2010

While it was more than I wanted to pay for a room, Rome was generally a pricey place to find a hotel. My friends and I decided to get a triple room here to get the most for our money. The room came with the "minibar" included. It had water, juice, biscuits and soft drinks. They had a great breakfast selection with some American breakfast items like scrambled eggs, sausage links, and pancakes often in the mix with local Italian varieties also. Free wifi and a great location for walking to major sites or catching the metro. The bathroom was very spacious and was the only place (of seven hotels on my trip) that came with shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion and more.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends