“Excellent hotel at great location”
Review of La Residenza

La Residenza
Ranked #308 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We ( 2 adults and 2 children ) stayed in room 501 which has a roof level terrace with a view to the city. Great staff, great breakfast, great location, lovely decoration. The hotel taxi service to the airport at our final day was amazing. The lady driver gave us a private final guided tour of the city including a visit to a private garden with a panoramic view to the Vatican. We are very thankful to her. We will definitely be back in Rome in the near future and we will definitely stay at Hotel La Residenza!!! The owners should be very proud of the staff at the hotel. You can't ask for more. You won't get such personal service even from a five star hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Residenza

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my husband July 19-22. It’s a nice hotel that is close to everything we needed. The metro was a couple of blocks away so we could easily get to the Colosseum and the Vatican, the Trevi fountain and Spanish steps were also very close by. There were restaurants and shops within walking distance as well. By the way, the Trevi fountain and the fountain in front of the Spanish steps are both under construction.

The staff was nice. They were helpful when we asked questions. I called the hotel when we were on our way there to ask which train stop we should get off at and what's the best way to get to the hotel form the train station. The front desk said we could take a taxi and told us what type of taxi to get and how much the ride should cost. They told us it shouldn't be more than 10 euros. It's a good thing they told us because some of the taxis told us it would cost 30 euros! The hotel is less than 10 minutes from the train station.

The breakfast staff could be more helpful. When we went to breakfast no one was there. After a minute or two, a staff member came out. In other hotels we’ve stayed in the breakfast staff usually greets you and asks if you want coffee. She didn’t do this so I asked for coffee and she pointed to the carafe on the buffet table. I then asked if I could have a cappuccino instead. Also, they would have made me whatever type of eggs I wanted if I asked, but I didn’t know so I didn’t ask. I just ate the eggs that were there, which were very good. I found this out the last day after I had already eaten my breakfast.

We received an excellent recommendation for dinner from one of the front desk clerks. He said to go to Vladimiro’s a couple of blocks away. We ate there twice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hotel La Residenza is situated in a quiet street, meanwhile near to main streets and famous Barberini square in Rome. You can reach many attractions like Spanish steps and Trevi fountain on foot. Via del corso the main shopping street is only half a kilometer far from the hotel. By metro and many bus stops near the hotel you can easily explore Rome and Vatican. There are many nice restaurants in the neighborhood. The hotel has very spacious rooms with stylish decoration. Big bathroom with nice hot water. There are many well designed rooms in lobby where you can visit your guests or easily relax with your labtop and free wifi. The staff are very polite and helpful. Breakfast is great with lots of various options of fruits, pastries, breads and hot meals. Omelets are prepared for you with your choice. You can order Italian coffee, capucchino or English tea specially prepared on order. Some rooms have small beautiful and calm balcony where you can enjoy your evening cup of coffee or tea with Rome quiet neighborhood view.
The speed of wifi in the rooms is very good with only 5 euros cost for the whole stay. I will definitly choose this hotels again in my next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Salehpour
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Cool hotel! Loads of character, in a somewhat quiet/clean area. Just step from where they filmed much of "La Dolce Vita"
Clean spacious room. Very kind, helpful staff. They organized our transport from the airport, arranged tours of the Vatican and Colosseum for us. You just have to ask, and they are more than willing to help.
Very nice breakfast.
We will defiantly stay here when we return to the Eternal City.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Overall, very average. The location is good. The staff was mediocre. They could have been much warmer and more helpful. The breakfast was wonderful and tasty. The rooms were overpriced and the air conditioning needs to be upgraded.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam S
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three days. It is a good location in Rome. Close to the mass transit and American Embassy. The hotel is clean and staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and have fridges and are clean and bathrooms are nice. There is one issue I had is the air conditioning never kept the room cool even closing the curtains and the door. They have also have electric shutters which you can close also. The breakfast is very good and the staff is very attentive. There is also a rooftop terrace where you you can eat or drink in the evening. The neighborhood is quiet but there is a dance club across the street which is open late but not noisy. I don't believe I would stay there again at least during the summer. As a last point the internet did not work well but was told it was under repair.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in May, 2014, and thoroughly enjoyed the Hotel. Booked online with no problems, and chose a Jnr Suite with balcony. Large room, (huge for Europe) perhaps a little dark, and bathroom needs a little updating, but did not detract from our stay, as the Hotel is an old building. Breakfast was included in our rate, and was excellent. Specialty eggs could be cooked, and the hot chocolates and coffee made to order. A good start for the day! Desk staff were excellent in booking Vatican tour, with pick-up from the hotel included. Also general knowledge of Rome, conveyed in good English a great help.The restaurant around the corner as recommended, was also excellent, and good value for money. A pleasant surprise! Hotel in good location to attractions, and of course, if you walk Rome, and get a little "lost", you can find some real gems of places to see. Great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple