“Quiet luxury”
Review of La Residenza

La Residenza
Ranked #315 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 2 September 2014

It is my favorite place to stay in Rome, a few minutes walk to the Spanish Steps and metro. The rooms are nice size and well appointed. The breakfast buffet is amazing. The staff is courteous. The only issue I had is we had some trouble with the plumbing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 August 2014

The hotel is within walking distance to a subway station that could connect you to variety of places...
Walking distance to the Fontana di Trevi, and it's a good walk especially in the month of March... Cosy weather.....
The reception personnel remember you by name even though we only stayed for 4 days. Internet services is available at EUR5.00 over the whole period of stay(which is a place).

Room is clean, neat, heater is available for cold weather, variety of breakfast selection which we love.....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sethderevko
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have stayed here several times over the years. The Staff is excellent. They could not do enough for you. They will arrange transportation to and from the airport, recommend excellent restaurants, arrange private or group tours with pick up. The property is always clean and the value for your money is excellent. The rooms are large and most with balconies. The location is quiet, safe and central to the major sights in Rome. A lovely place to return to after a long day touring Rome or shopping. One trip I was going to a flea market and they advised me on safety. I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel. I can't wait to go back

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank JoAnne D
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I, along with her parents, stayed for three nights at La Residenza in early August 2014. This was our second visit to Rome, having been here in 2007 when we stayed at Hotel Raphael near Piazza Navona.

The choice of this hotel was based on a recommendation of friends of my wife's parents. It was described as lovely and a great value. Overall, I agree with this assessment based on our stay.

First, as to location...the hotel was located on a quiet block, just two blocks off Via Veneto and very easy walks to Villa Borghese and the Spanish Steps. The hotel has nice curb appeal, as it has a lovely gated courtyard in front and an elegant entryway.

The common areas of the hotel were charming with old-world elegance. The breakfast room was also lovely and inviting. While on the subject, the included breakfasts were more than adequate and the service was fine. The only drawback was the staff's resistance to allowing one to take a cup of coffee out of the room. When we persisted, we were allowed to bring coffee into an adjacent common area equipped with upholstered furniture.

Our room was a corner room in the back of the building on the second floor which looked out onto an interior courtyard. The room was large and the bedding was comfortable. The rest of the furnishings were adequate. Our main issue was with the bathroom, which really showed its age in terms of the fixtures and some mildew issues along the base of the tub enclosure. The front desk staff, when asked if another room was available with a more modern bath, showed us one other room, but we found basically the same conditions. We were told that the hotel recognizes the need for updating the bathrooms.

Speaking of the front desk staff, both Emanuel (mornings) and Vincente (afternoons) were terrific as concierge. We got lots of great advice as well as help securing tickets for some fantastic evening events, including a full-scale production of La Boheme under the stars in the ancient Roman baths. The only thing I would like to mention is they should stay away from recommending Ciao Roma as a "hop-on, hop-off" bus service. I would describe this service more as "queue up, fight for a seat, sweat bullets in a non-air-conditioned bus, try unsuccessfully to get your headphone jack to work, wait several minutes at each stop for loading and unloading, sweat some more, thankfully exit bus." There has to be better bus lines for this sort of service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SkinnyGuides
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We ( 2 adults and 2 children ) stayed in room 501 which has a roof level terrace with a view to the city. Great staff, great breakfast, great location, lovely decoration. The hotel taxi service to the airport at our final day was amazing. The lady driver gave us a private final guided tour of the city including a visit to a private garden with a panoramic view to the Vatican. We are very thankful to her. We will definitely be back in Rome in the near future and we will definitely stay at Hotel La Residenza!!! The owners should be very proud of the staff at the hotel. You can't ask for more. You won't get such personal service even from a five star hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my husband July 19-22. It’s a nice hotel that is close to everything we needed. The metro was a couple of blocks away so we could easily get to the Colosseum and the Vatican, the Trevi fountain and Spanish steps were also very close by. There were restaurants and shops within walking distance as well. By the way, the Trevi fountain and the fountain in front of the Spanish steps are both under construction.

The staff was nice. They were helpful when we asked questions. I called the hotel when we were on our way there to ask which train stop we should get off at and what's the best way to get to the hotel form the train station. The front desk said we could take a taxi and told us what type of taxi to get and how much the ride should cost. They told us it shouldn't be more than 10 euros. It's a good thing they told us because some of the taxis told us it would cost 30 euros! The hotel is less than 10 minutes from the train station.

The breakfast staff could be more helpful. When we went to breakfast no one was there. After a minute or two, a staff member came out. In other hotels we’ve stayed in the breakfast staff usually greets you and asks if you want coffee. She didn’t do this so I asked for coffee and she pointed to the carafe on the buffet table. I then asked if I could have a cappuccino instead. Also, they would have made me whatever type of eggs I wanted if I asked, but I didn’t know so I didn’t ask. I just ate the eggs that were there, which were very good. I found this out the last day after I had already eaten my breakfast.

We received an excellent recommendation for dinner from one of the front desk clerks. He said to go to Vladimiro’s a couple of blocks away. We ate there twice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hotel La Residenza is situated in a quiet street, meanwhile near to main streets and famous Barberini square in Rome. You can reach many attractions like Spanish steps and Trevi fountain on foot. Via del corso the main shopping street is only half a kilometer far from the hotel. By metro and many bus stops near the hotel you can easily explore Rome and Vatican. There are many nice restaurants in the neighborhood. The hotel has very spacious rooms with stylish decoration. Big bathroom with nice hot water. There are many well designed rooms in lobby where you can visit your guests or easily relax with your labtop and free wifi. The staff are very polite and helpful. Breakfast is great with lots of various options of fruits, pastries, breads and hot meals. Omelets are prepared for you with your choice. You can order Italian coffee, capucchino or English tea specially prepared on order. Some rooms have small beautiful and calm balcony where you can enjoy your evening cup of coffee or tea with Rome quiet neighborhood view.
The speed of wifi in the rooms is very good with only 5 euros cost for the whole stay. I will definitly choose this hotels again in my next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family